Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Do I have Fibromyalgia?
Katie9829 posted:
I am a 15 year old female and I have been sore and tired for a really long time,just recently I have been getting dizzy spells off and on, and the soreness and pain has increased.I have also had stomach problems and irregular bowls too lately, though that could be from antibiotics but i stopped 4 weeks ago and are still having issues.Heck I can't remember a day that something didn't hurt.Anyways I have gone to the doctor,had blood tests done and eve
n an MRI.Both came out completly fine and my mom is going to take me to a physical therapist soon.no one seems to know whats wrong so if anyone could help that would be very helpful!!

dollbug responded:
Hello Katie and welcome...MiMi in NC. The doctors will have to rule out other *health issues* and decide what is going on with you. Have they checked your *pressure points* yet?

I hope that soon the doctor will be able to tell you. I would like to encourage you to ask the doctor to check your Vitamin D level. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. It is a simple blood test but you MUST ASK the doctor to run it.

Have you tried using a heating pad on the places will hurt the most? Perhaps you could also try to soak in the tub using some Epsom salts as well.

Do you sleep well and get enough *quality* sleep OR are you tired when you get up?

Drinking a lot of water might help you cope better and watching what you eat each day.

A good thing to do would be to keep yourself a journal and track things for a while to see if you can figure out what might be causing your pain. Sometimes this will help decide and you can also share your findings with the doctor as well.

FM is a very mean and ugly illnesses and it is sometimes very hard for the doctors to figure out just what is going on with those who have it.

Hang in there and learn all you can about FM and how it might affect the way you feel. There is some good info on some good *tools* that you might try....be sure and check out the *tips* and *resources* sections here.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist replied to dollbug's response:
Hi Katie-- Hope you don't, but will put you on my prayer list.
Could be you just got worn down after being ill? Hopefully it will clear up. If you do end up with fibro--be sure to come visit here as you can get a lot of good info--and your parents too.
God Bless!
Mary

marilyn21158 responded:
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 27 years ago and believe me when I say I feel your pain! Have you been ckd for fibromyalgia. You need to see a reputable Rheumatologists to make a proper diagnosis. Ask for a lyme test also. With ticks born illnesses on the rise its best to be safe. The best test to have is the Western blot test. There is only 1 lab in the states and the results are way accurate.
Fibro can mimic so many illnesses, that's why its best to rule them out. The best way to tell if its fibro is to have someone push on all you pressure points (listed on a chart on this web sight)if you have 11 or more that feel like a bad bruis, chances its fibro witch can cause a lot of your problems.Burning pain wich is unique to fibro.
Your first step is see your doctor and have him refer you to a rhuematoligist and keep me posted.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.