Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday ****10/22/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC. I woke up too early this morning and was able to drift back to sleep...where I had a bad dream and woke up the 2nd time with neck issues, major neck issues. Don't know exactly how this happened since I sleep in a recliner with pillows but I did. Not a good thing either. I can not even turn my head to the left. So I guess I am going to use the heating pad in a bit to see if I can help this.

It is cloudy here and cool. I covered my 3 plants last night since we were suppose to have frost this early morning. They still have lots of blooms on them, at least 2 of them do. So I wanted to protect them as long as I can. I hope to get a lavender and a yellow on next year. They are hibiscus plants. They produce very large flowers but the flowers do not last but a few days. I was doing some research about who to take care of them for wintertime and I was quite surprised what I found out. The directions is that they need water once a week. I watered them every day, unless it rained and I also fertilized them once a month. One of the plants lost all of the leaves and I was able to bring back leaves on it and it bloomed again, but not as much as the other 2 did. Perhaps it is a different kind. I have no idea.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for my DD and her DH. Tomorrow is the day so I hope things will be settled soon, although I am not counting on this. There is so much going on with everything these days. I am not sure anyone truly pays enough attention to know what is happening, especially with them. I can only hope and pray for the situation.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. This has always been my goal. To improve the way I feel in a positive manner. Do whatever it takes. One never knows just what might make a difference unless they continue to try different things. So hang in there and know that there is surely something that will indeed help you also.

Vitamin D....be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is a good thing to do. Learning how NOT to cross that fine line which perhaps pushing us into a flare. It is NOT worth it. I know that this is a hard thing to figure out but if you pay enough attention your body will let you know.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Tuesday.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday all. I do hope your yesterday was good and that your today is going well.

It rained a bit last night and it's foggy again this a.m. I sure hope old wives tales and Indian predictions are off ( not true ) for this up coming winter's snow events by the numbers of foggy mornings. UGH we're in for it! As I mentioned before people are talking because we've had so many the past few weeks.

Anyway it will be an nice day today once the fog clears out. Cool at 68 tho. Going down hill temp wise until Friday and Saturday. Sunday, football fun day, it will 70 again. Yay.

Haven't got a lot of news here to share. Going out @ 2 to get my hair trimmed. Did my shopping yesterday while out. I surprise myself now at how many things I don't need these days. I put off buying things until I really need them or run out of. I buy on senior discount days, with mag or store coupons. I buy on the clearance rack at each store I go into too and it's ingrained now. I don't need to buy what I don't need to buy and when I do I buy it as cheaply as I can. DH it seems hasn't learned that lesson as well as I have.

DH brought home a indoors Butterball deep turkey fryer last night. He said it was deeply discounted because it was a closeout. WE DIDN'T NEED IT!!! . Why did he buy it? He has a deep fryer for turkeys' and shrimp boils out on the back porch. A fairly new one and not cheap either. But he says this new fryer will do the turkey and shrimp in an hour, in doors, no gas, no being out on a back porch for hours in cool November temps. .

Frankly I'm getting tired of the sales pitch he uses on me. He used the same selling pitch when he brought home the Green Egg a few months ago. He said it does the cooking is better and faster than his 5 burner grill which was not cheep either and is less than 2 years old. And now it sits there covered as he uses the new cooking toy each Sunday. And the smoker, which he had to have, sits covered and unused as the Egg does the smoking too. These cooking tools are coming out as fast as new ipads and iPhones and it seems to me he's just waiting to bring um home. UGH. OK done venting but I spent so many years going without that I don't buy it if I have one at home.. And he already does.

MiMi, sorry about the cold and rain heading your way. I don't like it either and am sorry it's going to your area. And I have been saying prayers each night for a good turn of events for your DD and DIL. I just want this to be over for you. Enough is enough.

Let me close this here with wishes to all for a good day and one that does not have you dealing with fibro issues or pain.
Gentle hugs to all.. Linda R

missist replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Good Tuesday Evening folks, Mimi, Linda, etc.. all to follow this evening.

Well i just got home around 3 today after a few days up by hubby. Linda--I could do a little rant/vent too, lets just say hubby could be a better home maker. LOL. I spent my visit cleaning things and I think my eyebrow may be permanently raised. I guess he needs a wife.

Mimi-- I have a gorgeous hibiscus with a big flower-- orange and yellow--but I think I've had 4 flowers all summer picky aren't they?

I'm planning to move plants in tomorrow --or maybe cover them. I'm not sure they are all close to house--the ones I'm concerned with, so maybe they are safe yet? we shall see..

So I am home with dawgs and got my feet up. I had a couple nights interrupted by those weird seizure things and the days in between my head just buzzes non stop & feels too tight. So just gotta wait and see, getting harder to do.

Hubby is talking to someone about actually going ahead and buying that business-- but nothing is done yet--still considering. There are some things we would need to know--before doing it. But basically he would have it as a part time weekend job until he could build it up enough to support us--or add other things to it to hit a certain level. So we shall see.. could be a long time.

got the heat on this evening. Ac just a few days ago. Such are the Carolinas.

My best to you all!
Mary

jillwimmersbloom replied to missist's response:
Evening,

Must be the day to vent about men. I overdid it yesterday and paid the price today with a nasty migraine. My DH is a bit on the lazy side and we had a huge fight over his lack of motivation with helping out around the house. He then decided to go play pool while leaving me home with two small children. Im counting the minutes until bedtime.

Linda, I can also relate to people buying things we dont need. I am an extreme couponer so unless I can get a fantastic deal (as in free), there is no reason to buy it unless we need it.

Sorry to be such a negative nancy today. Im feeling a lot of stress and running out of time to get stuff done.

mnjeepguy responded:
I guess I can try to vent about men. I went to a seminar all day about grease, electric motors, couplers, and the like. The first couple speakers were lively and fun. After lunch, with an impending food coma, the other two were a little too boring. I struggled to stay awake. It was a good thing otherwise.

I sat having my coffee this morning and thought I would gently lean to the side and stretch. I threw out my middle back. Really? I had this happen before from working it hard. Not from stretching. It is one vertebra that I can feel with my finger. It's very uncomfortable but I can still function ok. Just another physical annoyance for me to enjoy.

We have one Marigold plant my sun planted this summer from school. It had one little flower most of the summer. Now, even after the hard frost, it is thriving and has 5 or 6 blooms. We put it in a tiny garden next to the house. It must stay warm with the southern exposure.

ladies, sorry if you DHs are giving you headaches today, we do that sometimes. I am somehow able to talk my DW into something I want. Perhaps it is her giving into my relentlessness. Maybe I get her to see things my way. I may never know.

I hope you all have a great night. Take care everyone.

Cory

bette_kaffitz replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory,

If one vertebra is out, you need a chiropractor. I don't know how they do it, but they DO realign your spine. Isn't that wonderful!

Girls,

My husband has his own version of "saving." It entails going to 2 or 3 markets and only buying what is on sale at each. Sounds OK, doesn't it? Not if you buy EVERYTHING that is on sale whether you need it or not. And not when you spend several hours buying a week's worth of groceries--plus all his extras, of course. His way keeps our freezers full. They are down cellar. I cannot get down there. He complains when I tell him I want some broccoli or corn or whatever. He thinks he can bring me meat at 3 p.m. for a 6 p.m. dinner and have it cooked evenly.

But, on the whole, he is a keeper. In the time since we first met (50 years this December 13) I've pretty much trained him to be a darn good husband.

MiMi,

I bet your dream had you clenching your muscles, and that is what brought on your neck pain. If your heat doesn't work, try stretching those muscles GENTLY and see how that works.
Sort of like pointing your toe to get rid of a Charlie horse.

Bette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.