Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What day is today, do you know? HUMP DAY, of course****10/23/2013
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily...MiMi in NC where it is too early for anyone to be up. I woke up nearly an hour ago...again with a very sore neck. I slept ok but when I woke up this morning I decided I needed to get up instead of laying there. I am indeed still very tired. My neck got really *heavy* last night. I could not believe that I could do something like this just from sleeping in a recliner. This is the first time that my neck has done whatever caused this. I know that I did not do anything physically to create any pain. So I have a pain in the neck again. I sure hope it gets better soon. Just another *issue* to deal with, I guess.

So much going on around the country. It is so very sad that bad things happen. And it seems like things are only getting worse. Or maybe it is just because we are now all informed through the internet.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all. Actually, I will be so glad when this day is done. I am so very anxious for my DD and her DH. We will soon know what is in store, I guess. Time will tell.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. This is a good site for lots of good *tools* to try. We just have to keep on keeping on until we find the *right combination of tools* that will make a difference in how we feel. So hang in here with us and learn all you can from others what they have found that has helped them improve their daily lives with living with the dragon, aka FM.

Vitamin D. Again I want to remind anyone who has NOT already done so to be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Not too long before Halloween. My GC are looking forward to dressing up and having some fun. Remember to tell the little ones to stay safe.

That's all folks. I will hopefully check in later.

Remember to pace, pace and pace some more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

jillwimmersbloom responded:
Happy Hump Day from PA,

I also woke up way too early today (3am!) with my usual back, hip, leg pain. Took meds and a muscle relaxer but I dont think anymore sleep is in my future. I should have gotten out of bed and some some homework but lo and behold I am still spending time with my heating pad.

Its supposed to be pretty miserable here today. They are calling for a high of 52 and some flurries in the forecast.

Mimi, Im keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers and hope for the best.

On a positive note the migraine from yesterday seems to be gone. I still have some residual neck pain but Im going to remain optimistic that it doesnt come back.

Okay, I will get up and do something productive now...

rudyandirmouse responded:
Happy " HUMP " day MiMi, Jill and to all that follow. I hope your day is going well and for those who have had a rough night and yesterday << HUGS >>.

It's cloudy here today and cooling down fast. I dragged out the boots, scarfs and coats ( warmer winter things ) yesterday to be ready for the colder days and nights coming @ us.Tomorrow and Friday are going to be the coldest so far this season. Hard freeze both those nights. BUT, it will get warmer after that. Not spring like but not freezing. I like that.

Heading out to get my neck traction in a bit. I wonder how much of this neck, migraine, arm hand numbness and pain is fibro caused. I've been told by three medical people it most likely is. So will it get better?.. they hope so.. Well so do I!

MiMi I to woke up with neck pain this a.m. and I can't for the life of me can figure out why. Used a neck friendly pillow too. If the neck traction I'm doing 3 times a week was keeping my neck from hurting and my hand from going numb I'd be happy, but NO.. I still feel the numbness and pain, but no headaches lately so Yay that. I will be talking to the PT today about maybe doing deep massage for a couple of visits and not the neck traction. The deep massage, heat and eclectic stimulation helped a lot last week.

Speaking of numbness I had to make an appointment to see a Podiatrist about the Neuropathy. I'm not happy. My feet feel swollen and puffy all the time now, but aren't and my feet feel funny in my shoes! Sandals are okay but now I've got cold temps coming and have to use heavier foot wear. UGH. It just seems if it's not one thing for me to deal with it's another. I HATE this fibro! I can't seem to reel in any one of the many conditions it causes for longer than a month and then I get hit with something new! Beyond a mental challenge!

I felt good knowing I'm not alone with DH issues. I rarely vent but I just had to yesterday. I am so cheap and use coupons, deeply discount sales, clearance and store discounts that when DH shows up with something we really could have done without, well it gets under my skin. But to his credit whenever possible he is good about not buying things we don't really need.
To prove a point yesterday we went to a new Wal-Mart yesterday and I set a 100 dollar limit. I used coupons and shopped from a list of ' need to replace ' items. We got discounted things when possible and clearance too. When we got to the last thing on the list we had hit 95 dollars. I added 10 dollars for sales tax and when all was said and done we spent a total of 102.00 and saved 32. I love to shop cheap.

Example, today I shopped on the TODAY show's Deals and Steals. I needed new gloves and stores here are just now stocking them. So when I saw gloves on the TODAY show I got some. Their very nice, worth 45 dollars and a deal for 13 dollars shipping the total was 17. If I had bought these gloves at Wal-Mart they'd have cost more than that. Again, I like to shop cheap when ever I can.

Okay enough about me. I hope that each of you has a great day. If you had a bad night, lost sleep or got up early I hope that you are able to rest and recoup during the day today. I also hope that none of you has to deal with fibro issues or pain today, sadly not always possible, but if you do I hope it is slight and that you can pace and pace some more so that fibro doesn't take even one minute away from the way you want to spend your day.

Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon all...I was hoping to hear some good news from Mimi re her DD and her DH...hope things went well today..

I got someone to go over and fix dinner for mom and dad and get them to bed...It is a lot to pay...but I need the break...

Not much else to report here..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

bette_kaffitz responded:
MiMi,

There have always been bad people. But there will always be more good people. Most of us try to follow the golden rule. Hope this held true about the nutcase who has been harassing your DD.

Jill,

Glad the migrane went away. We had wintry weather here too. DH just took a neighbor back home and said he could hardly see through the snow coming down. It's our first of the year, and I hope this is not the shape of things to come.

I wonder what the pundits would say about the woolly caterpillars around here. I saw one yesterday that was ALL orange. Only the hard, hair-free nose was black. Whatever, there sure are enough of the little weather forecasters.

Cece,

One of the knobs from my cooktop decided to crack. How dare it! It's only been around since 1967. Now I have to find a kitchen store or something since K-mart, Wallmart, Loews and the supermarket don't have them. I checked out a dollar store too--on the off chance.

It's amazing how much you can spend in one trip to a big store today. I remembered your "don't buy it unless you need it" and managed not to buy anything except a few special cards at the dollar store. We get our immediate family cards that are "for my__________" even at Christmas. It was a big deal to find NICE ones for a buck.

But one day I was in Wallmart getting something for DH, right
up front was this rack of winter jackets in a whole range of "Easter egg" colors. There were yellow, pink, blue, aqua, green, and lavender to choose from. They were only $5 each.
I got one in lavender (my color), but to this day I kick myself for not getting more. No, I didn't need them, but they were so beautiful, they made me smile. And if a $5 coat gets axle grease on it from hubby's "clean" hands, it's not the end of the world.

Hope everyone gets a good sound night's sleep and wakes up with NO headache, NO stiff neck, NO sore back, NO aches anywhere!

We can dream, can't we?

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I woke this am to half the back pain, and feeling generally okay. I had my long work day today and it stretched almost 12 hrs. It did go well though, just tired. I can live with that.

Bette, I did chiropractic care for 20 years and swear by it. My last visit hurt so I haven't gone in over a year. I am afraid to. It worked very well for a long time, just not worth the risk to me now. I agree there are a lot of good people out there. We have to pay it forward and pitch in when we can. Not only do others appreciate it but it just feels good. For the stove I suggest a real hometown hardware store. Our local TruValue Has everything imaginable.

Mimi and Linda, I hope your necks rest up tonight.

To all, have a good restful night. Take care everyone.

Cory

jillwimmersbloom replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Bette, I love my crock pots. I have a four quart that I paid $25 and a 1.5 Quart that I bought for $10 at walmart. Even the 1.5 Quart is enough to cook a pound of chicken tenderloins with some veggies.

Cory, I have been to a chiropractor three times in my life. The first one was wonderful, took care of the problem in one visit. The second one told me he could cure me for $3600. I saw the third chiropractor when I was pregnant with my son for sciatic nerve pain and neck/headaches. He made things so much worse that now I am afraid to visit one although I know it could help. (ChiroCairo 1. Is in FL and ImI'm in PA so I ccan't return to him).

Linda, have you ever considered starting a stock pile? I buy six copies of the suSunday paper, pull the inserts and stick them in a zip lock bag and write the date. I then use a coupon website and figure out which items I can get for free or at a greatly reduced discount for the week and stock up. I am not exageratting when I say I have 70 bottles of shampoo and conditioner that I got for free as well as other household/personal care items. . Besides the cost savings, the largest benefit is not having to go to the store on a bad day because we ran out of toothpaste etc. ImI'm not sure if we can post links to a website but if we can iI will post the coupon website I love.

Mimi, I hope everything worked out okay for your DD.

*again iI aapologize for my typos. My keyboard/auto correct seems to have a case of fibro fog and can't figure out what its supposed to do.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.