Skip to content
Sit and Be Fit
bette_kaffitz posted:
Yup, I've been awake all night too. It's 6 a.m., and I am just plain beat. Whatever us going on is very painful, even more fatiguing, and a major contributor to a deep version of fibrofog.

Before I lie back down and try for a few minutes of sleep, I want to tell you all about the great program that was just on our local PBS station. "Sit and Be Fit" is just what it sounds like. NO loud rock/country/hip-hop music blasting you out of your comfort zone, just two ordinary looking middle aged women showing two versions of gentle exercises you can do sitting on a sturdy chair or standing beside the chair.

I'm 70. I'm in a big time flare. I could do all the exercises without breaking a sweat. They gently covered all the major muscle groups.
My flare did not ramp itself up. As soon as the show was over, I set the timer to record every episode. (You didn't think I would VOLUNTARILY get up at 5:30 for the joy of exercise, did you?!!)

If your local PBS does not air this show, you can buy CD's at Amizon.com. One of the choices is a special program just for fibro!
But really, catch one show, do what you can, see how it works for you.

We all know that the "experts" tell us to exercise, and that this will make the fibro vanish. Well, I do not believe in "abracadabra," but I do believe almost all of us can manage THESE exercises. And, who knows, maybe there is a little magic in the world after all.

Signing off now at---ugh!--6:26 a.m.

Bette

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
198 of 215 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.