Skip to content
TGIF*****Roll Call*****10/25/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
TGIF****MiMi in NC....it has been a very longggg stressful week-end. I am glad it is the end of the week. I woke up too darn early this morning...as my DH was working the late shift. He came in sometimes this early morning and I had left the TV on. He could NOT find the controller and had to cut on the light. Not a good thing for me. I woke up with him trying to find the controller. It got lost. (nothing new) But I do NOT like being woke up...no matter the reason.

I am indeed thankful that things are hopefully getting settled in again. (for a while anyway). I often wonder just why the universe has blessed me with so many *issues* to deal with. I know there must be a reason for this....and I often wonder IF I will ever know.

It is cold this morning....really cold. the low was 30* and the high will be 53* today. I know it could be worse. I think cold weather is a trigger for changes in my body. I think the link that was shared reports that temps are a biggie with us FMers. I think we all know that most of us can predict weather changes....whether we like it or not.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our community recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. You will find a lot of good info here and a lot of FM support from those of us who have been there done that. We know exactly what you are going through. The good thing is that there are all kinds of things that just might make a difference in how you feel....you just have to figure out what might work for you. Hang in there. Ask questions and share what *tools* you have used that has made a difference for you.

I would also like to remind the new members and those who have not used the *my community profile* to be sure and add this when you have time. Tell us more about you there. You can also read other users profile by clicking on their user id.

New members also should know that by clicking on *home* you can see the most recent and up to date posts. Anyone can also start a discussion. This site is a user friendly one but it does take time and effort to find your way around the community here. There are many other communities as well. (see and click on communities in the blue right above WEBMD Fibromyalgia Community in the green. Check out the other info here as well.

Vitamin D....as I normally include my *little tip* here....be sure and ask your doctor about checking your Vitamin D level which is really important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I hope everyone had a good night's rest and I do hope today will be a good day for us all, with lots of sunshine to enjoy. Stay warm and safe.

I am so very thankful this week for many blessings that I have received. Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers....as I know this has truly helped.

Have a great Friday...and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missshortyd responded:
Morning All
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!!!!

Linda

fibroinsd responded:
Good Morning.

I do have the day off as it is a non-student day..so did get to sleep in a bit..but my body's schedule now is to get up..so it wasn't much of a sleep in...

Mimi..so so happy that all the charges were dropped..I just wish this person had gotten a taste of his own medicine..with charges being brought against him for false claims..ugh..hopefully all will be good from here on..

so many little things to handle today..I had to get a new crown..well the process started yesterday..so my teeth are sore today..and I get the rest of the crown and a filling filled on Monday. There is a rush to do this as my insurance runs out at the end of the month. My DH hasn't worked for so long..and we have been on cobra..but they are cutting us off..hopefully today we can get signed up for something else..wish us luck..

and yesterday, I was coming up the hill (a rather steep one) to my house..and I thought my car was going to stop working..we just had to have a new fuel pump put in..as it quit working on me about two weeks ago..and now I am worried about driving it..hopefully it will be ok.

and sad news on my childrens level..I guess my DS (my middle child)..and his gf have officially broken up..I am very sad..now all three of my kids are single again..It is very sad..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

rudyandirmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
Cece, I am so sorry that your insurance will be running out soon I have my fingers crossed that you will be able to pick up insurance maybe through the new national health care insurance companies.

Your life always seem so busy. I wish that you could have a couple of days where you were worry free and you could do nothing more then rest,relax and recoup. I guess easier to say than reality.

snd Isn't it always the way just when you think that your children are happy and in a good relationship the floor falls out from under them I don't know why it is does the parents we seem to take their breakup much harder sometimes did they do because we love them so much.

I wish I could be of some help other than just to be able to listen and be here for you sending you gentle hugs dear friend, Linda

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Friday to all. I hope this finds all of you well and enjoying the day and Not dealing with Fibro issues for pain.

Not a lot to share today so will make this post short one. It's cold, very cold, low of 28 high of 52. Not a shorts, tank top or sandals weather. My summer is gone and now I guess I better just accept it and get on with the fall and winter months with no more complaints.

I have my PT appointments in a few minutes so I should get up and start looking into finding my keys in my purse and heading out the door.

Here's wishing each of you an enjoyable day and one that you do exactly the way you wanted to gentle hugs,
Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Thanks Linda...I spent four hours today on the computer trying to connect to Covered California...we thought we could get the plan for $373...and when we put in the information and tried to get it..they said the plan was $1200 per month..not exactly affordable..so now I am trying to figure out if we could get tax credits applied to it..and how that works..To say I am disappointed is to put it mildly. I have been very for this idea that people could get insurance at an affordable amount...We will see where this goes..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Friday to all,
I am so glad it is finally Friday! I had a busy work week. Luckily I got totally caught up about 10 minutes before quitting time. The dragon tried hard today to drag me away. Luckily I fought it and won! I decided since I was hurting so bad when I left work that Walmart could wait till tomorrow. I got take out at the local chinese resturant and went home and totally vegged out in my recyliner. After dinner I took a muscle relaxer pill and a hot shower. Now I am feeling great! It is amazing how we can make ourselves feel better. It has taken me 2 years to find out what helps. Luckily I had a lot of help from a lot of wonderful people on this website. I do not think I could have dealt with so much on my own. I feel so lucky to part of this family.
We are going to have a beautiful weekend. The highes will be 75 degrees and the lows in the 40's. I want to have a fire tomorrow night and make smores. My great nieces and nephews will love that. They love roasting the marshmallows and I love watching them.
Take care everyone and have a blessed weekend.
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.