Skip to content
Sunday *****10/27/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily...MiMi in NC...where it is supposed to be a nice day with temps in 60's...warmer than yesterday. DH and I went to our son's house and took a treadmill that my DH had picked up for him in the truck. We thought is was not going to be a lot in putting it together...turned out it took longer than we expected. It is a really nice one and I was thankful that this got done yesterday.

My DH pressure washed his house while we were there and did some yard work also. It looked good when he finished it. This year we had so much rain that there were places on the house which had started to grow mold. He lives in a house surrounded by woods. The pressure washing took care of it. He used vinegar to clean it. So we ended up getting back in late and still had to go back out to the grocery store. I was really tired by the time we got back home. I did not do much either. It does not take much though to wear me down.

Chili and salad today with cornbread and biscuits for lunch. The GS likes biscuits (red lobster brand) This is an easy fix. I put it in the crock pot.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently and to those who have been gone a while. Glad to have you back. I am sure that the new members will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort. So hang in here with us and learn all you can about what others have found that has made a difference in the way that they cope each and every day.

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Do your own research about this and learn all you can. The more we learn about things which might make a difference the better we can cope.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Sunday. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with lots of sunshine to enjoy.
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good Morning Fmily and Mimi,

OUCH is a good word for every morning you wake up. I think my wish for distraction from all this has taken control of me now.

I didn't sleep for 2 days (well maybe 3 hrs) and I didn't feel manic but crap...sitting in the recliner in the dark and awake....not good.

I slept last night and think I was noisy as my DH was out and gone to work long before 6am. (Probably thought...should I stick a sock in her mouth? Hmm)

I am not used to working 5 days a week and I still don't know how peole do it. When do you go to the dentist? Hoe do you get the boiler cleaned? No one should have to work 5 days......IT SHOULD BE A LAW. Ha!

All else is well, GC are great, Baby Emily has that baby acne...but she is so good and perfect so far in all other ways. Just in a good place for a sword weilding Nana who battles pain eachday.....and few know it!

I hope this Sunday is a good day for all. Get some sun on ya and do something, do something to distract your mind. Take your meds and get out in the world and see if it gives you some peace for a bit.

Carpe Diem: Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B...so good to see your post this morning. I wondered just how things were going with you since you are working 5 days now. I am sure it will take time for your body to get use to this. Not getting sleep though is not a good thing, as I am sure you know. I don't work and I have more days than I would like of not getting enough sleep. I don't even know anymore just *how much is enough*...I think this varies also from person to person. My DH can get 4-5 hours and be ok. He has always been like this though. And you know he is a cancer survivor. This has always bothered me as I do NOT think he gets enough rest. But then again, I have no idea how he feels and IF he should get more.

I am so glad to hear baby Emily is doing well. I can hardly wait until our baby arrives. I am so excited. I had hoped that they would get one of the 3 D pictures again, but that did not happen since she had to go monthly for the ultrasounds about the baby's kidney. I can only hope and pray that this baby is ok when it arrives. Thanksgiving is just around the corner now so it will not be long. I got the baby a *Thanksgiving and Christmas onesie*. I told her that if the baby did not arrive for Thanksgiving, then I would take it back. The baby will not be able to wear it next year, that's for sure. I might be able to get another size in it, if any are left.

Distract your mind....really? There are days when I have so much to *think* about that I would just like to think about *nothing*...is there such a thing? I have no idea. I know though that recently I have enough to *worry and think about*...Thank GOD that I am hoping that, for the most part, this is done with. I have had enough *court issues* for a lifetime. I hope I never have any more dates to worry about someone in my family having to go again.

OK...here is hoping that you will be able to rest and catch up on your sleep today...(can we ever do this though really?)

I hope things get better soon for you and that your body will be ok with it.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi

katmandulou responded:
HI ALL!

It's cold here in southeastern New England, and the leaves are turning to reds, yellows and golds, and falling as they do in autumn. This area saw peak color last week, and the local high school will be coming to rake next week. (What a neat fundraiser for them - we have 1/3 of an acre with two buildings, and they do a very nice job!)

Free time has been elusive, and I wend my way down this road with great fear. Dad was as organized as heck, but his filing system of piles of envelopes with notes written on each one is not making sense. Another call to the attorney and asking what to do next is on my to-do list tomorrow. I can't help but feel that I could have done more, but what? Changed his doctor sooner? Been more aggressive with the nursing home? Grilled him about what I should do after he's gone? Oh, the humanity.

Work is keeping me busy, and earning. We're planning a trip to Japan next month, and I can hardly wait to see my BIL and SIL. The kids are in college, so the only "little one" is my Dog-In-Law, Shelly the Sheltie. She loves her aunt and uncle, chasing us around, bringing us toys, asking for treats in both languages. I hope to have most everything done, and can relax and enjoy where we are, and not worry about what can go wrong.

Gotta go, the Sox are playing the Cards, and I have to be in my lucky seat, knitting my 2013 lucky sock. HAHA

Have the best week you can possible have,
Lou

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
Hello Lou...so glad to see your post. I do NOT think that you could have done any more than what you did. I think perhaps this is what we all go through though, thinking there should have, could have, would have been something we could have done to prevent what was going to happen anyway. I am sure that you did the best you could do. I do hope things get better for you though. I know that when my dad got sick even though I was power of attorney, no one wanted to provide the info that I needed to move forward. Privacy act comes into place, no matter what anyone says. Well, from this time until he passed...it was in such a mess by this time I did what I could and did not worry about the rest. The nursing home took most of the money that he had anyway.

I know you are excited about your trip to Japan. I am sure that you will enjoy this. I am sure you will enjoy seeing your family and perhaps doing some sight seeing as well. Sounds like a lot of fun for you. And what will the weather be like there?

So you are still knitting too. I am sure those who receive will enjoy having them.

Take care and I hope work continues to be good for you.

MiMi

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.