Skip to content
Monday, Monday*****10/28/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is going to be a better day today, with lots of sunshine and higher temps. I woke up too darn early this morning...again I have no idea why. I am still also having issues with my neck. It is not like it was but it is not where it needs to be either. It is always one thing or something else.

My DIL was talking yesterday and said she thought for sure that she was going into labor Thursday night. She ended up calling the nurse line about what was going on with her. She passed a kidney stone. She did not even know she had one. OMG....I can not even imagine being pregnant and dealing with passing a kidney stone as well. I did this years ago....and the pain I had was actually worse than labor. She is going to talk to the doctor to see if they can find out if she has any more to deal with. Her due date now is getting close. (Nov 24) .

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well.

Vitamin D....important. Talk to your doctor about having your level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's all folks. Enjoy your Monday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body and your mind will thank you.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

jillwimmersbloom responded:
Hello from Pennsylvania,

Today has been a really awful day for me and I could really use some prayers and positive thoughts. I got a phone call from my FP today. The pap test I had last Friday showed abnormal cell growth and I also tested positive for high risk HPV. They want me to see a gynocologist right away for a biopsy.

I did some research on google and I am terrified to the point where I do not want to get the biopsy done unless I can at least get IV sedation which is not offered for this type of procedure. I have such medical phobia that the first time I received TP injections, my doctor wrote me a script for 1mg Ativan and I still had full blown panic attacks (he asked my fiance why i didnt take the Ativan and was surprised when he told him I did) Needless to say this is going to be a million times worse and I honestly dont think i can mentally go through it.

I know I need to get off google and do something else but I just cant stop crying right now.

dollbug replied to jillwimmersbloom's response:
Hello Jill....thoughts and prayers are with you....I am sad that you are so upset about this. But I also think that you need to see your GYN asap. Try not to jump to conclusions until you know more of what is going on. And then please continue to have a *positive attitude* on whatever is going on with you. I say this because my DH is a cancer survivor and it has been 20 years for him. The doctors gave him no chance to survive. He had Burkitt's Lymphoma and his right kidney was completely engulfed by a tumor. He lost 95 lbs and was in the hospital 106 days off and on during his chemo treatment and then had radiation as well. The doctors said he would never get well enough to go back to work. He lost less than 2 years being out. He was a *case study* and his doctor said he is a miracle walking. He told him that he won the lottery...one in a million...(not exactly what most people would wish for though).

I hope you will try to get some rest and then move forward with whatever your doctor thinks is best.

Know that we are here to support you. This is a good place for support. (trust me, I have been blessed so many times, with these people who send thoughts and prayers).

Take care and please update when you know more.

May GOD provide you with comfort and strength as you face this journey.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist replied to dollbug's response:
Jill..
Sorry about your news. I had a pos. pap once and it turned out fine. However-- if I were you I would call my drs nurse and just tell her what you told us--and ask if you can maybe get a little valium or something to calm your nerves before the biopsy--I don't think it will be as painful as some biopsies are--but you can sure ask about that and remind them of your history.

Will pray for you! God Bless,
Mary

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening.

Monday is upon us once we are blessed with it's reoccurrence every week! I feel so lucky. Today I woke with a negative attitude due to an unusual lack of sleep. When I finally nodded off at midnight sirens were blaring for what seemed forever. I am sure it's presence was far more important than my sleep, but it was still unfortunate. I got to work and I was less than positive and it was enhanced by the morning's activities.

Thankfully there was a shift in the afternoon and things got a lot better. We took advantage of the last half hour of sun and went to the chilly beach to pick agates. I didn't find any real keepers but it was a nice outing. After dinner and the sunset, the temp dropped very fast and I was freezing cold for about 2 hours. My house is 70 and I had my hoodie up over my head and my slippers on . I still do. I wish I took the cold like I used to.. It's time to load up on Smartwool socks. They are very warm and comfortable, just expensive. Worth every cent!

Jill, remember that this is all to take care of you, not to harm you. You don't want to put of anything they show concern for. If it is serious time is everything. As Mary said, share the same voice you did here with them. I am sure they can help you somehow.

I hope you all have a good night. Take care everyone.

Cory

Anon_2912 replied to jillwimmersbloom's response:
The biopsy really is not bad..Not anymore different feeling than a pap smear. You will have the cramping and slight bleeding afterwards.

I had it done and nothing was given to me. You will be fine.

missist replied to Anon_2912's response:
Still Jill-- if you are apprehensive there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting a small dose of valium to get through it.

Just found out today that my lower spine/pelvic area MRI uncovered lots of stuff in my female areas too. so even more tests coming. ugh.
Mary

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.