Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday *****10/29/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily...MiMi in NC...and it has been a bit warmer than normal...(70* plus expected today) after the cold spell that we had it is nice weather. I only wish that we could have more weather like this. Rain is on the way again though. Halloween night is supposed to bring showers. I hope it will wait until all of the little ones can get back home safe.

Children love Halloween...dressing up and having fun. There are always *things* which happen though, no matter just how safe people try to be. I am not a fan of Halloween at all. Times have certainly changed over the years. I can remember when I was young and how we always went out and did not think anything of being out and about. That is not the case now. Here is hoping everyone will be safe though.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all as well...with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort though. So hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that has made a difference for them. We are all different and what works for one may or may not work for another. You have to figure out the just right combination of tools that works for you.

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor to check this as it is important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Have a great day. Enjoy the sunshine if you can...as we all know...your body will thank you.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi...

Here again! Another day off. Got quite a bit done yesterday in my nightgown. Whay is that? If you change to clothes the momentum disappears.....LOL. Funny how things are.

Tonight I have my SIL's and DIL:GC coming for dinner and good heart to heart talk over the holiday season and who is doing what in the holidays. I got a call last night and I was asked to keep the holiday as it is magic at our house. Always a memory as the children get older.......(problem is I am getting older). I took off the week after Thanksgiving to get the job done..instead of 4 days which is what I normally did.

If I plan I think I can pull it off. Supervision if done at the desk doesn't take much energy. LOL I just have to pace. (your favorite word).

9 days to accomplish the magic I think can be done and the meal can be done at the deli for the hard stuff......we'll see. The conversation is tonight.

You know guys I think I am really not in that great a place I am just USED to be in this place. What do you think??

Can you get used to being in pain and that you can push it to the back of brain to keep the day moving forward.......???

I have to do my recertification of ACLS (advanced life support) this weekend coming. I did the BLS part, 2 days ago (it is all on the computer) then I go for the live at a center. My whole career was ACLS skill so I really don't get too crazy it is just what we do with our paients isn't always what the papers tell you so I can get caught in a wrong answer.) Have to be awake and careful. I also don't do the CPR portion. They know this. If it was a real situatuion and it had to be me I would do it, but not in play or kidding around. That is a neck trigger for sure.

I run the mock codes for the staff with interesting rhythms I find and then ask what med...what equiptment...it keeps them sharp. And sharp is what I want.

So, another day off. Going to the eye doctor FINALLY to see if I need glasses...with all the retinal issues and reading glass issues, I haven't been wearing the distance ones as they are wrong. So we will SEE* LOL.

I will look around the yard to see what is left to close up for winter, but not to be done today with dinner guests tonight.
P A C E right Mimi? LOL. If I can only get that better for myself.

I think the Savella makes me feel like I can tote that line and lift that barge, and I over do so many times.

OK, fmily. My hopes for you is a beauty of a day. Sun out and low pain state. They do happen....nothing better than a low pain day .

Hugs to all, Nancy B

fibroinsd responded:
Just a quick hello...I am reading and so glad to see Nancy B here..how you do all that is beyond me..but bless you for it..

I have had one long day..pretty down...and feeling pretty well unappreciated at work..and not too excited about dealing with home stuff...

Well...this too shall pass..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. It is chilly here today. I saw frost outside before I went to bed at 10pm. It's 37 now and I am greatful that I found one pair of Smartwool socks from last year that survived. I usually wear them out by spring.

Today was another decent day. Work was work, but nothing too bad. We are planning for a shut down week next week. On Tuesday we have to work outside all day because we will not have power for 12 hours. They are predicting 44 for the high, not to bad to work in.

I am hoping that upping my gabapentin helps. It has been a couple weeks and it seems only slightly better. It is hard to judge as my levels go up this time of year anyhow. The last two days have been better until I get home. At least I get through the work day. Day by day.

Nancy, I did like my Savella. The pros outweighed the cons. I will be pushing for that if Gabapentin does not get me by. The cost was the shocker for me. My insurance does not like name brands. With no generic of it they won't cover unless I try everything else that offers a generic first, and then only partially.

Mimi, I remember being able to put a pumpkin on the porch as a kid, probably getting taken Halloween night. Now we don't even carve them because they get taken right away. Kind of a bummer for the kids.

Nancy, I think sometimes we can push through it if the task is enough to distract. I recently had a pain free stint on steroids for my ear. It showed me where I am for sure. We do get used to it I think.

I hope you are all having a great day! Take care everyone.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
hi all, cooler here but not cold really. I have a little heat on, a little AC sometimes and sometimes neither. I found that I do enjoy my hot tub on cold mornings--even if I have to go out on the porch to get in--the heat in the water keeps me from feeling cold at all.

Got some test results today. my lumbar spine has a bulging disc and arthritis, some muscles are sore, all that is not enough to really account for pain--so physical therapy for me. I also got my gabapentin upped to 3x a day. A little side matter on my mri some cysts and fibroids-- need to get a pelvic ultrasound to check things better.

My brain stuff--I do not yet have results except that the nurse has assured me that no news is good news--as in nothing life threatening. So that's good. She says the neurologist orders so many tests she prefers to talk to patients at thier follow up appointments about all the results. Unfortunately I forgot to make a follow up apt. so now I won't be seeing her til nov. 12. The nurse said she would leave a note and see if I could find out anything a little earlier.

Tomorrow I take the grand kids to the library story time. I need to put the guest room in better order so they can nap here afterward. My son-in-law works 3rd shift and goes to school 2nd and keeps the 2 little ones 1st shift while daughter works. So I do want to help a little with the little ones. I don't help near as much as I wish I did though.

Well that's about all, I need read more what folks are saying, so I can comment.
Mary

jillwimmersbloom replied to missist's response:
Cory,

The pharmaceutical company that makes Savella offers a patient assistance program. I applied when I didnt have prescription coverage and was able to get three months for free. My doctor also increased the dose for the program (was taking 50mg, he wrote it out for 100mg with instructions to take 1/2 twice a day), so it worked out to six months. I "believe" its Forest Pharmaceuticals that makes it but I found it doing a google search for patient assistance and savella

mnjeepguy replied to jillwimmersbloom's response:
Thanks Jill, I will look into it. It has been a long 4 years trying everything else.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.