Skip to content
Hump Day ****yes, it is. 10/30/2013****Happy Halloween*
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily...MiMi in NC where I woke up too darn early again this morning. Actually I have now been up over an hour and it is only shortly after 5 am. I woke up with leg cramps...not a good thing for the mind or the body.

Rain is on the way so perhaps this has something to do with why I woke up early. Actually the rain is support to get here tomorrow. I hope it will wait until the children get back in from trick or treating though. They are all excited about Halloween...which is not one of my favorite times of the year.

Here is hoping the rest of you are sleeping...I hope today will be a good day for us all...with little to no pain. I think this is what each of us hope every day...to have a day free from pain.

Yesterday I pushed myself to the limit...or crossed the line. OMG...perhaps this is why I am up so early. I had some errands to do and ended up doing more than I had planned to do. Then last night I went over to my DD house to cut the dogs' nails. They were past due on this. DH had to take one of them for a walk as well. He decided to pass on taking the little one since last time she wiggled her way out of the leash and ran off. She is black and it was really dark outside so he did not want to have to try to find her in the dark.

Welcome to the new members. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better with dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It does take time and effort to find the right combination of tools which will work for you. So hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them cope better. Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and also the *member toolbox* which has some good *tools* that perhaps might help you cope better. Coping is a way of life for FMers and we have to figure out just how to manage each and every day. It is not an easy thing to do.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is important. Learning how to say no is also a good thing. I have learned how to *pick and choose* what is important and needs attention first. Some things just have to wait or perhaps don't get done at all. I can no longer do the things like I use to do. Keeping up with daily things is hard to do these days. This is the way of life now whether I like it or not.

Vitamin D. Be sure and talk to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. This is important and should be a yearly thing to do. Low Vitamin D can cause some people additional pain and it can also affect other illness as well.

Get ready for Halloween...as the ghosts and goblins come out.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

jillwimmersbloom responded:
Good morning from PA,

First I would like to thank everybody for the support on Monday. I spoke to the nurse at the Gynos office and Im expecting a return phone call to see it if they can do it in an outpatient OR (keeping fingers crossed since valium doesnt really do much for me)

We have been having some warmer weather which has been nice. I love being able to open the windows during the day and let the fresh air come in.

I had a doctors appointment yesterday for TPI. It went well, I was switched to zanaflex from roboxin (i seem to grow tolerant of my muscle relaxers after six months, its very frustrating). My doctor also recommended an EMT, but I requested a round of PT instead to see if that helps (wouldnt it be nice if you could be knocked out and had all invasive procedures done at once.)

Well thats about it for me. My DD is being unusually cranky this morning, better make sure she doesnt miss the bus.

Jill

booch007 replied to jillwimmersbloom's response:
Good morning,

Last day off.......Jill glad to read you in a better frame of mind. Sometimes we just need time to digest it all and then make a plan. Sounds like you have a plan. Here is hoping that insurance allows an out patient procedure for this. (They seem to run the world now).

Cece, You are so busy with Mom and Dad and you say how do I do what I do? Crazy you are, to get up early and go to one place and keep my arms in and (well I walk alot in the office) But it is much more active at home and caring for parents....you are doing more!

Cory, Love to see you drop bye. I think about how hard this is for the "man of the house". The emotional pressure and the physical takes a toll. I know you have a good wife. (we all need good spouses to support us.)
Sorry about the savella cost: wish I could give you my spares* I use so little of it. I think most of us push through this mess but what I am finding now is that it is pushing back.
This is where the perspective comes in......I have to work on my perspective. I have to work on asking the staff to help with things. No be such a doer.

Well, thermo here says 36* so I'm right there with ya Cory. I had the grandchildren over yesterday and turned the heat up to 70* as they were playing dress up in the costume trunk I made for them.......little guys in their undies. Couldn't keep the house at 66* that I normally do. We had so much fun and Madelyn wanted to see me cooking. UP Nana...UP. (Well that killed me)

Didn't think to get a chair by the counter to watch.....I held her and cooked with the other hand. C R A P. Had 9 for dinner and was in brutal pain after. Medicated during the dinner with the Soma and tramadol...but little help. Heat and night meds the minute they left.

I cannot do Christmas Eve....this year I am going small.....
things change and in the last lap of my race here with work..I am going small. My body spoke to me last night. (There was even a little moan with each breath I took as the chest muscles in the back were hurting so bad when I expanded them.) Bad....

But today a new day and I feel like my usual 90 y/o and am waiting for meds to release me. I planned a massage for today and I was asked to go to the Holloween party for Olivia at school.....I will never have that again, so I GO....as I will be working alot during things in the future. (still trying to carve out that life)

You know I share this all, some may think mundane or who cares stuff for the ones not moving out...not seeing how someone makes deals with their body to get a life done. That it is a balance of try and rest, medicate and move. Heat and rest......a game you have to learn for yourself. All the time knowing in your head is a big tool for the using. I have to get my mind off so much of it. I couldn't get past the pain last night but this a.m. I can move forward.

In a flare I am planted and I give it two days of careful rest and movement, showers, heat, medication and planning a joyous thing to aim for. It helps me climb out of the hole we get in.

Mimi, I am sorry you got up so early I too wa up at 5:20 as that is my clock...but I got back in bed and found a soft spot to be still and off I went to sleep again. Hoep oyu get a nap to recharge. Blessings to you, youare always the steadfast one to start the day here for the people. A gem. Hugs from me

Nancy B

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good "HUMP" day to all. Just a quick jump in here so I can say Hi. I do hope that all is well where you are and that you will all be able to enjoy your day.

It's a beautiful day here. Sunshine and near 80 right now but rain due in by this evening r overnight and OMG bad storms by tomorrow. I brought out our lanterns and am going to check the shelter to make sure it's got a working radio. I do hate these storms but have been more than lucky this year as they have been few and far between.

As for Trick or Treaters not looking like it's gonna happen for them tomorrow night. Knew being a school night they'd be coming early afternoon, but rain and thunderstorms going to be at their worst and the main event for tomorrow afternoon and evening. Poor little people.

We had the most unusual thing happen yesterday, well since Sunday, but not where we live. Lady bugs were swarming by the hundreds. They were everywhere! I had dr appointments and had to dodge them walking in from the parking lots. And the weird part was swarming with them were large water bugs or beetles. As I waited to be seen by the doctor I looked out the windows and they were covering the walls on the 4TH floor. Amazing. But this a.m. TG I see only a few stragglers. My neighbor said they were about 10 miles up the road on Sunday so I guess by Tuesday they got to us. Their heading east and I have no clue as to why their swarming or where their going,

Okay will close this here.. have three appointments today. Neurologist, GNY and PT. all back to back. UGH. Wasn't meant to be this way, but the dr at my GYN had a baby to deliver, I got put into a cancelation spot for the Neurologist and my PT had a baby Sunday so they moved me to an hour later today from what it was. Again, UGH

Have a great day one and all.
Gentle hugs, Linda

bette_kaffitz replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Good Afternoon,

Beautiful, sunny, cool day win W NY. Hard to believe that it is going to rain tonight and probably again Thursday afternoon and evening. A shame for the trick or treaters.

Older son is going to take his girlfriend's 6 year old daughter out to do her trick or treating. He's 42 and has never really gone t or t ing. (We live 1 1/2 miles in on a 3 mile road. When the boys were little, there were 3 houses on the road with year round residents. We had a kids' party the Saturday before and did the old bob for apples, pin the witch on her broom, decorate pumpkins from the garden, and eat cupcakes and apple cider.) It will be interesting to see his reaction to what he missed all those years ago.

I've been mostly in bed the past few days. (I know this is supposed to be a no-no, but EVERYTHING hurts!) I went to climb in my tub--my nice, warm, lavender-scented tub of water--Saturday night, and realized there was no way I could ease myself down into that bliss. Getting out would be even worse. Hubby was already asleep. So I took a shower. No where near the relief of sitting in the tub. Wish we could afford those walk in tubs--or even had lots of grab bars in our present tub. Hubby says there's no way to just add them to our old farmhouse. It would mean tearing out the wall and putting studs in for the bars to be anchored to. He's not up to that. Neither are our finances. I guess it's showers until the back, hips, and knees stop playing games and start doing their jobs. (Of course, if they did their jobs, I wouldn't need to soak in the tub quite as much.)

Hubby just told me to fill out his quarterly fuel use report for NYS. Nice. I have none of the info needed to do this. Not his I.D. number, how many gallons of fuel his dump truck used for the WHOLE 47 MILES he drove it last quarter. We'll do it when he comes in tonight.

And so it goes. In the peaceful countryside!!!!!

Bette

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.