Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Happy Halloween****Thursday 10/31/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Happy Halloween to everyone. MiMi in NC and the rain is on its way...suppose to start tonight as the children hopefully after trick or treating. I hope this is the case anyway. They are saying it is going to turn cold and windy as well. I have struggled with my 3 plants which still have lots of blooms on them. They are big plants and I hope that I can keep them but I guess we will have to wait and see IF they survive.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a really good day for us all, with little or no pain.

Getting enough sleep has been a problem for me recently. I am not quite sure just what is going on or why this is happening. I am excited about the new GB arriving. Perhaps this is a reason. I have no idea. I did sleep better last night but I was also really tired from the past couple of nights. I do not think I ever actually *catch up* with lost sleep though, which is NOT a good thing for my mind or my body.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group. I am sure that each of you will find some good *tools* that just might make a difference in how you feel each day. It does take time and effort for this to happen though....so hang in here with us. Ask questions and share what you have found that has made a difference for you.

Vitamin D....be sure and remember to get your Vitamin D level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a safe Halloween today. Watch out for all of the little ghosts and goblins tonight.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
HAPPY HALLOWEEN ONE AND ALL. I hope your day is going well and that you will not be dealing with fibro issues or pain. A quick post here as there really isn't much to share today.

It's raining here now, it started late last night. I am afraid the little ones here will not be out tonight. A mean trick from Mother Nature. It will be at thunder storm stage by mid afternoon so way to wet and stormy for the little ones to go from house to house. My DD said she's taking out the little ones weather or not. I think she may have to re think that. We weren't planning to be here, we usually aren't. Dinner out and then home to watch TV. DH used to decorate the house so well and now there is no sign were into the season. Kinda sad, but with time and not little ones here, all things change.

I spent my yesterday in one doctor's after another. UGH. Will never try to get doctors seen and done in one day. Just boring as all get out waiting to be seen. One doctor kept me waiting 1 hour, another 1 hour in the waiting room and 20 minutes in the room. I got so behind I missed my PT appointment. I was NOT happy yesterday.

Have one appointment today, for a ultra sound of my heart, just to make sure I suffered no damage from my illness and dehydration in September. My doctor thinks not, but I was over due for an ultra sound anyway so why not. I hope I don't have a repeat of yesterday's long wait. And I am not gonna like the fact I have to go out when the storms are supposed to be getting wild.

DH is home today so will find indoor things to do to keep him busy. If I don't find things I need done he starts to rearrange my cupboards. JK.

Okay wishing each of you a happy and safe Halloween.
Gentle Hugs, Linda R

bette_kaffitz replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Linda,

One day, when I had asked for an appointment with my neuro during a flare, I was his first patient of the day. By the time he saw the change from a good day to a full flare, he had arranged blood tests before and after lunch, a CT of my thymus, an MRI of my brain with and without contrast and several different times' worth of urine tests. And, oh yes, he wanted me to come back to be the last patient of that day, too. Then I had to drive 100 miles home--through rush hour city traffic for the first 10 or so. Country girl that I am, I was crying before I got out of the city.

Luckily, all but the MRI were at the same large hospital where I saw the doc, but it was still one exhausting day. I really needed those Fentanyl patches he prescribed for me.

You probably really needed your PT by the time you were done for the day yesterday. Were you able to have some high quality quiet time when you got home?

Dinner out on Halloween sounds like a great idea. Hubby had to cut some corn for his cows and said he'd be home for a 6:30 dinner. Of course, he came in at 7. Didn't complain once about the overdone chicken. (Mine was perfect at 6:30.)

Hope the CT showed no damage. That would be perfect.

Bette

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
189 of 206 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.