Skip to content
Saturday ****11/2/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is a cool morning 49* but I think it is going to be a nice week-end. They did say a cold front is headed though for a couple of mornings where it will get down to freezing again. I am going to have to do something with my plants again.

Christmas is *in the air*. I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving will be here in less than a month now...with Christmas right behind it. I shopped this week for PJs and underwear for the GC. OMG...both were expensive (and on sale at that) ...I try to make sure that the GC have things that they truly need. Children grow up so fast and they go through a lot of clothes growing up.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope that today will be a good day for each of us...with little to no pain.

I have noticed that our site here has been really slow recently. I hope this means that people are feeling better and are out and about enjoying other things.

Welcome to any new members who have joined our support group though. I am sure you will find some good info here on *tools* which might help you cope better. It does take time and effort though as we are all different...you should remember that what helps one may or may not work for you. It normally takes a combination of *tools* which usually works to make a difference in the way you feel.

There are some things that we figure out by accident that it has made a difference in our pain level. I know that in he beginning when I first got sick I thought that if I just *rested* that eventually I would get my energy level back up to where it had been. After a lot of time though I have come to find out that this is not the case...that I will always have to be careful of things that I would like to do and know that pacing is the only way that I can cope better. I have tried different kinds of supplements along the way that I have read might help but I have not found any of them to work for me.

Dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...is a challenge to me. It continues to be one each and every day. I never know from one day to the next how I will feel...no matter what I do or don't do.

Vitamin D is my favorite tip though...as I think this was the ONE which truly made a difference in my pain level. So I continue to include reminding people of just how important Vitamin D is.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body and your mind will thank you for doing so.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning Mimi and all who follow. It is a brisk morning but should be a good day to get out and move a bit. I have been feeling the wrath more than normal but getting by. I have a rough November ahead. I have to work a heavy schedule of 60 hr. weeks. I am hoping the work load is not too heavy.

I was able to finally schedule an appointment with my massage therapist. I have not had one since June. She is booked out about a month. I do vey well if I get one every month or so, we have just not had the extra money. I hope I can keep going through the winter. I have had mild sciatic pain for a very long time.

The DW is calmer now and has had a week to relax before going back to work. Things are going much better for her. She did sign up for phlebotomy next fall. This is drawing blood for a lab and work is easy to find. It is only a 4 month course. She also has time to make sure she wants to do it before hand.

My department supervisor plans to retire in three years. I would be a strong candidate for his position. I am planning to go for it. It is the department I have worked in the last 20 years. As an operator, and now as a mechanic. It is an attainable goal that would get me off the floor. He is also rooting for me to replace him. This would be a salary position. There would still be plenty of walking to keep me limber, not just a desk job.

Open enrolment is here for our insurance. I have never opted for long term disability before, but I will now. My biggest fear is that something will give out or take over and render me useless in my job. We have 6 months through the employer, and this would kick in after that. I have to read up on it today.

I am way behind on how you are all doing and have to catch up. I hope you are doing well.

Mimi, I am excited for your new GC. I had my 2 month old GN here on Halloween. The DW took the oldest out around the neighborhood while I stayed here with little Allison. I remember holder her mom at that age. It doesn't seem like it was 20 years ago, time sure does fly!

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Take care everyone.

Cory

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all.... Sorry it has been so long.... I have been trying to fight the ills of a major FM flair and depression... But without meds I am actually not doing that bad of a job.... I don't do much but rest and exercise.... But I am managing to get by....

I was suppose to have a psych appointment yesterday but due to paperwork taking too long I couldn't talk to anyone and had to reschedule the 2 hour discussion meeting for Monday.... At least I don't have to wait long....

I have a cold coming on... Hopefully it won't turn into pneumonia again... I am working on it not becoming it....

It is lovely here in NM... I am enjoying being with my daughter and her family.... I am missing my boys and their family... But life changes.... Sometimes a lot.... And we have to change with it and move on...

I am still having trouble finding a dr.... But I have faith things will work out... I got a list from the counseling center... I will call some of them Monday....

Well.... That's all the news.... Take care all.... Love.... Jan/Dakota

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday, the first of November, to one and all. I do hope you are enjoying your day and are able to be out and about enjoying the weather.

It's a very nice day here in middle TN. Like MiMi, who's in nearby NC, we are expecting a cold front that will drop out nightly temps into the low 30's. Burr. Time for coats, UGS and scarfs.

Yes MiMi it's getting so close to the holiday season. I know you have double reasons to want the days and weeks to rush by. And I am so happy for you and your family waiting for the new little one to arrive.

The leaves are telling me it's Fall for sure.. so many colorful leaves.. dark reds, burgundies and the loveliest oranges. Just beautiful. The storm of the other night didn't take many leaves off the tress but a breezy day today is. I know by the time Thanksgiving comes we will have bare tress and :'(brown lawns.

Jan, good to see your post.. I do hope you do not get sick.
Hi Cory, always wishing you the best.

Nothing much to post about so will just say Hello to all to all and wish them a wonderful weekend.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

missist replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Good Afternoon everyone.
I am having a pretty busy day, got a lull. Mimi-- pjs and undies sounds like a great gift! I just got SC grands each a pair of shoes and half a dozen pairs of socks, and some undies for the young potty trained gal.

Speaking of grands--I have 3y/o gd 7 1 y/o gs here for the weekend. Hubby is home too--but he is leaving for Germany for 2 weeks this evening. So we are all going to Charlotte to drop him off, me and grands.

I also have 2 grand dogs here--which is getting a bit too much. one is in heat, and I have an intact male chihuahua who is litterly crying. the other grand dog--has learned how to jump over my fence! She comes up on the deck so I open the door and she runs to the other door and back into the yard.

Its crazy here!

Speaking of crazy--Hubby decided to give up the house he's been renting in NC and move into something cheaper and come home more often. So.. he is moving out just before Christmas. Which means the week of the Holiday I need to be up there cleaning it out, then come here for the holiday. I'm tired out already just thinking of it.

The grand kids have been busy all morning and one is watching cartoons now while the other one finishes his nap.

Hubby is hiding in the hot tub. I don't blame him--he needs to fly tonight and I'm sure he's wanting to relax.

A lot of things seem to be happening at the same time lately.
a bit too much.
I'm going to try to get my house all clean and decorated before Thanksgiving--if I can do that-- I can go up to NC after Thanksgiving and maybe get that place cleaned and packed up early so I can rest a little bit? maybe before Christmas? I don't know. I'm not really sure I can do any of this well.

Its good to be busy I guess, but I would not mind a little peace soon. I know the kids will be home for thier kids by evening tomorrow-- hope I don't lose the one dog and the other doesn't end up preggers. The grand kids are a handful as is without also having dogs. I didn't think it would be so busy--last time they were here they just played outside most of the time and nobody escaped or was in heat.
Didn't expect that.

Well gotta go, there she is out on my porch again. silly dog.

My best to you all! Mary

fibroinsd responded:
Yes...it does seem quiet around here..

for me...just busy...so much to do...and so little energy..

Good to see you Jan..even for a "quickie"...

Cory..do hope you can get that Long Term Insurance..I have never understood the whole thing, but with my mom and dad, I am wishing they had it..think it would help..

Linda..glad you are doing ok...and hopefully enjoying the nice weather..

Mary...hope the change is good for your DH...hope he can find something in your neck of the woods one of these days..

Not much to report here...I think DH and I are going to try and take some sandwiches down to the beach to enjoy the last day of daylight savings time..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

booch007 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Good morning , Coming in on Saturday for Sunday....

Man I am in trouble and in a flare of flares. I have to figure out a path for this new position. Anything new has a learning curve.

Let me say that again:Anything NEW has a learning curve!

Crap......I am just being pulled in so many directions. Yesterday was the recertification of CPR and Advanced life support. I am always team leader and don't do CPR...but if I had to for a person I would....just not challenging my body for a toy doll.

I did the airway part.......and it still put me over the top! Then I ran home and used heatpak and rested maybe 30minutes and got in the car to the GC. That was until 1am this morning..(before change) This a.m. I am beat....still haven't even done any weekend chores that need doing. I am looking to hold off for next week...........

If DH needs underwear I will buy new ones!! LOL

I am having trouble sleeping, using the recliner and hot pak at night and Benadryl 25mg to help but not doing so well for uneasy muscles.....sore all over. Really think I am in a flare and a well deserved one.

Shots are Monday at 8:45......I will be there with wings on to se if it will help. THEN I NEED TO REST AFTER. So hard when you are paged left and right for so much.....but i will make a BIG effort to end that and explain to management THIS MUST BE DONE. I am falling apart before my eyes!

I am not doing Christmas EVE (so big) I will do Christmas Day with my boys and their families. So some effort to put out there. I do have to put the tree up and decorate a bit.

As I sit here I can't even think of raising my arms to do anything....... We'll see how it goes.....

Hugs to all. I am going back to the recliner and hot pak.
Meds made no difference...so now I circle around in the toolbox of tricks to try and fix this better. A shower later after a nap, repeat my meds...walk outside and look at things (distract) just anyhthing, Then maybe just a vegetable on the couch for the whole day is what my body is asking for.

We'll see. I'll let you know the mix that ended up helping.

OK, The girl with the boxing gloves on....Well all of you should be having a good day as I have the dragon is here at my house biting ME. I will keep him entertained for the day. So enjoy yours. BUT I am pushing him out in the morning. ENOUGH!

Nancy B

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.