Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday ***11/5/2013 ***Election Day in NC.
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC and I am up again too darn early. I think my furbabies are still on the old time schedule. They want to go to bed an hour earlier than they should be but I have made them stay up the extra hour but they still woke up too early this morning.

It is going to be a nice few days this week with above normal temps. This suits me just fine. I like when it is not too cold and not too hot - just comfortable. The leaves are falling. I have to sweep now several times a day to keep them off the decks. I have no trees close to my house but lots of leaves to deal with anyway.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

DH has a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I need to go to the vitamin store to pick up my P5P and some dog bones as well. So I will be tagging along with him. I try to do things when we are having to go to the next town anyway. I live in a small town which is surrounded by several larger places. It is nice to be close to where I can shop without having to drive so far. Where I grew up was a really small place and we were not close to any thing. (I lived out in the sticks) It is funny just how we can get use to certain things.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find the right combination of *tools* which will help you cope better. It does take time and effort. So hang in there and learn all you can from what others have found that works. You should remember though that we are all different and what works for one may or may not work for another. Only you will know when you have found something which works for you.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is a good thing for us FMers. As with almost anything else, this is a process and it does take time to figure just how to do this. Figuring out when to slow down and not cross the line takes time and effort...but soon you will know.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

jillwimmersbloom responded:
It looks like my kids and your furbabies are on the same schedule. I literally begged my four year old to stay up until 9 last night. No luck which meant our morning started at 6.

My back feels like I managed to tie myself up in knots last night (if that doesnt make sense, I apoligize, please reread paragraph one for an explanation Im spending some time in my massage chair with my electric blanket hoping to work out some of the kinks.

Its suppose to be a high of 55 here today. Im enjoying what is left of the nice weather.

Thats about it right now. Hope everybody has a pain free day.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday one and all. I do hope that your day is going well and that you will not be dealing with fibro issues or pain. Not a lot to post about today. Just run of the mill stuff..

It's nice here today, cold last night, but at least no rain today or really cold temps. I think it's going to be near 70 and that's nice. DH used the lawn tractor Sunday to remove the leaves from the lawn and today you'd never it from the leaves 2 inches thick on the front and back yard. Am guessing DH will do the lawns again on Sunday but am sure it will be the last time we use the lawn tractor this year.

DH and I have the house ready for the cold to come. Vents closed, radiator heaters in place, the humidifier too. Am running it today so make sure it's good for the winter. The humidifier is my second best friend when the cold comes. The heating pad being #1.

All the plants are in and up stairs on the new rack DH put it for them. And to my surprise when I when up to water them today the ginger plant I brought from Hawaii in September is sprouting a long green stem. Yay that! I guess it likes it in the window. All the plants seems to be happy there and that's good. I hate to lose a singe one of them I have just two that worry me the new ginger one and the Passion fruit plants that my SIL brought me from Hawaii last November. Seeing them doing well does my heart good.

Speaking of my heart, the tests I had done last week on my heart came back perfect. No damage done when I lost so much of my body's water weight. Yay that. Waiting on the GYN pap results and am hoping nothing abnormal shows up. But even when it does having a pap done each year catches all things early and doctors know how to take care of it and one is back to normal in no time at all.

I'm making today a ME day after the DISH man show's up to repair the dish box up stairs. I have called DISH a dozen times and each time they tell me its not the box. Well today I want a new box period. Anyway when done I'm going to get a Medi and a Pedi, over due, than on to some light shopping. I had thought my BFF and I would have lunch but I haven't heard back from her yet. Maybe we still will.

Okay will end this here.. sending gentle hugs out to all. Wishing each of you a fibro issue and pain free day.
Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It is day 2 of 12 for me and so far all is ok. I had to work outside all day as the provider shut our power off for about 9 hours. It was cold this am but warmed up to 40 so it was not too bad of working weather. Day by day.

I have one more step to get my LTD signed up. I have to finish filling out my medical history and mail it to the provider. Upping my life insurance is in the cards soon as well.

I think I am catching a cold and am praying I shake it like usual . My youngest brought it home a few days ago and he is not having much fun. I am taking my vitamins picked up some EmergenC. it is a good immune booster I think.

I am very excited to get my recliner tomorrow. I miss having one for the last few years. I will be like a little kid on Christmas morning.

Mimi, I hope you get your rest tonight.

Jill, I hope your back feels better.

Linda R, 70 sure sounds good. It's good that you are so proactive about your heath. It is smart to be ahead of the game as much as we can.

Nancy, I hope you are doing well and not stuck in a flare.

To everyone, take care and sleep well.

Cory

nononsenselady responded:
I love reading all your comments. It is like reading that series of books about the Episcopalian (sp) priest in a small town and his wife who is an author of children's books. I can't think of the name of the author. I love those stories! Anyway I feel like I am part of a small town. Thank you for letting me share your stories.

I also have my good days and bad days. I have found my TENS a godsend. I don't now how it works for sure but it does work. I can't even take tylenol because it eats a hole in my stomach, so I am glad something works.

When I hear you guys are shopping or have travelled to Hawaii, I don't know how you do it. Just the thought hurts me and wears me out. Plus makes me very apprehensive. I work 3 days a week for my husband and my business but I always know I am 5 minutes from home if I just can't do it anymore.

Do you all have sympathetic doctors? I don't have them here. My daughter, who is in the medical field, told me not to tell doctors that I am there for fm, but that I am there for some other reason like back pain to get help. The doctors in our area don't believe in fm! I guess that is what you have to do. Very sad!

I didn't work today. Had a great day although with the usual pain and a headach but got a lot done. Moved all warm season clothes out and cold season clothes in. I prefer it the other way! We got some firewood too, which is always good. Ready for those cozy fires.

Nice talking to you all. Thanks again for your wonderful words!
Laurie

bette_kaffitz replied to nononsenselady's response:
Laurie,

You are talking from a bad place in your fibro. You know that you are doing much better thanks to the TENS unit. Other modalaties will come along and add to your relief.

You are overawed by people going to Hawaii. I am completely in awe of your being able to move your seasonal clothes. Although we have very little closet space in our house, I never do that shifting. I just cannot. And the idea of stacking firewood is just amazing. I use two hands to carry a gallon jug of milk.

If you have to name your pain low back, fine. Do what you have to do to get the best care possible. My worst pain is back pain in the lumbar area. Luckily, there are treatments that help at least a little. Nerve blocks work for some of us. Trigger point injections help some. Physical therapy might be a good bet for you--especially since you are otherwise in good shape.

Those of us with FM have to be smarter, thriftier, patienter, and constantly researching what we can do to feel as good as we can. No one else can do it for us.

I know I would not be doing anywhere near as well as I am without the support of the wonderful, caring people here in our FMily. Welcome to the clan.

Bette

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.