Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****11/7/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where I woke up again too darn early this morning. So I guess I am not adjusting to the new time yet. The furbabies beg each night to go to bed at 9 but I make them wait until 10, since this is the normal time for them to be put to bed. The last hour is hard on them though as they continue to *wonder* why they can not go to bed when they are ready. It is funny that I think animals are smarter than what we think they are.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Nice weather with lots of sunshine on the way for the week-end. My 3 flowers are doing well, so far. 2 of them still have blooms and they are so pretty still. I am sure soon though with the cold weather approaching they will change. They get the morning sun and they are sitting up off the ground. (this is our first experiment with doing this)

Can you believe that Thanksgiving will soon be here? I am counting the days now....looking forward to meeting our 4th GB. Wondering just when this baby will be arriving. I do hope before Thanksgiving. Time will tell as the days get closer.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well. This group is a good support group and are open to any questions (most, anyway) that you might have. (following WebMD guidelines)

Vitamin D. Again I want to remind anyone who has not gotten your Vitamin D level checked to speak to your doctor about this. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Here is hoping everyone has a good day. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Thursday Morning Mimi and all to follow..
I am working on my list of things to do before Thanksgiving; and to prepare for Christmas when I will have house guests staying here.
First thing I am doing is bringing in my houseplants--which I have a lot of them and they've all summered outside and gotten bigger--many need re-potting. I also need to give fresh paint to some plant stands. So I have finally figured out 'where' all the plants are going and it is a big space near the windows in my sunroom. Today I am painting some of my old 'vintage/antique' stands--which are very plain---50s or so styles. I'm using all these pretty fresh light colors on things.

So that is on my to-do list. I also have to straighten some things out to do with health--I missed some labwork (bad memory) and need to re-sched that and also I guess I need to have an ovary cyst checked out according to my spine mri. Lord I am so tired of going to doctors! Always something.

Been looking at the medical bills and I'm just really bothered that we have all these. But such is life. could be worse. My little grandson has croup and has two ER visits so far. His mommy is the one expecting baby #3. They live on the opposite side of the country from us. My son's family does not need anymore medical expenses either. His dear wife needs c-sections and I don't think they have had a chance yet to pay off baby #1 much less the next one. Insurance these days is even worse than it was before.

Well that's my grr moment. Grr! just hate the way this all costs so much. Gotta see the neuro Tuesday--and while I want to know what they have found out--I just don't want to pay again to find out. LOL

Well not much else to say. My best to you all!
Mary

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday to one and all. I hope your today will be wonderful and that you will not be dealing with fibro issues or pain.

It's going to be cool but sunny here and ditto the next 2 days. And cold at night. I always hate the cold months because of the fibro issues and pain but since finding out the issues I have been dealing with in the colder months are most likely connected to Peripheral Neuropathy it may not be as bad for me as I may be able to get a few more meds that will help with the symptoms.

You know my Rheumy wanted me to see a Neuro a year or so ago and since I heard so often, years back, " that it was all in my head " I flagged him off. I am kinda muffed that he didn't push that idea and that I didn't just go. Because I am having to back track to one now and do all the testing for PN. I was told that one can have both fibro and PN. Would have been nice, looking back, to have had things to help make the flares from both less painful and long. One can hope.

MiMi, DH and I are now in door gardeners since bringing in all the spring and summer plants. My Hawaiian tropical are doing nicely. The Ginger plant has a 4 inch stem and looks to be enjoying the window we've got it in. I don't like watering them indoors as DH likes to fully immerse the tropical to get the air bubbles out of the soil.. what a mess.. my bath tub looks terrible and I have to climb in and clean it. UGH, but to save the plants for next spring and summer I guess I'll do it.

Plans for today are first to get the gutters cleared and getting the lawn tracker out to mulch the leaves on the front and back lawns. Am hoping it won't take all day cause after that I hope we can get some errands done. for one I want to stop at this wonderful town Old Franklin up above up 20 miles to buy some handmade soap ( incredible scents ) and fresh whole leaf tea. It's a lovely few blocks of shops and out door cafes. A nice way to spend a few hours and I try to every few months.

Will close this here because I hear DH making sounds in the bedroom.. Best wishes to all.. Have a great day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

missist replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
LInda-- my mom had both fibro and P. neuropathy. she had a lot of other things too--but I think those 2 probably made all the rest worse. I don't think people understand that at all in general.peripheral neuro. doesn't sound like a real bad thing --but in fact it can cause pain just about everywhere, as can fibro. Some researchers believe that fibro actually is a polyneuropathy of some type. could be.
Mary

bette_kaffitz responded:
Hi All,

It spit rain most of the day here in W NY making it damp and chilly. It's snowing lightly now. Normally,I'd be moaning and groaning about how bad the fibro is.

But I'm not because the trial Radio Frequency Ablation was today! This morning--before the treatment--I had to use my hands to "push off" and stand. Those first few steps after standing were stiff and painful. Of course, it hurt my hands to do the pushing.

This evening, my back doesn't hurt. (The injection sites are still sore as usual.) I can stand up without my hands. Those first few steps are PAINLESS. The odd part is that while my shoulder blades still hurt, the pain in my hands is much better too.

Why would something done on L-3, 4, and 5 and the S.I. joint make my hands feel better. Talk about a placebo effect! Or is it? Anyway, I hope I can get the actual RFA soon. I'm hoping that, with my biggie of back pain under control, the shoulder-neck-arm-hand pain can be banished with trigger points.

Thanksgiving will be exciting here, too. Younger son will be home for 10 days. He has to be back at his psych group home on the 28th so he sleeps at the gh for 21 days in Dec. If he doesn't spend 21 nights there, they don't get paid! He surprised me by figuring out himself how to get the maximum of time home during the holiday season. This type of reasoning is new to him. I think those shock treatments in the summer of 2012 made a big difference.

Older son has to pick up his girlfriend and her daughter, come home, eat dinner, and be back at work by 7 p.m. tomorrow. This will.give hubbu and I a better chance to spend time with gf and possible new gd. They both seem to be keepers. Time will tell.

Have a good night's sleep, and wake up to a day with much less pain.

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was another long day at work outside, but I think I will be inside the rest of the shut down. The first three were crawling around on my knees, but today was better and more upright work.

Like last night, I came home and cleaned up and settled in. After sitting for a bit I got up and it was very painful to walk. Tonight I tried to avert it by taking 800mg of ibu with dinner. I feel the same as last night. This is going to be a long next 8 days. I am so greatful to have a comfey chair now. On the bright side I am on overtime the next two full days, and am scheduled for 68 hrs. next week. They are somewhat flexible for that mess though so I may be able to cut it back some.

I will have to read up on PN to see what you are talking about and to understand it. Knowledge is power as corny as it sounds.

I am fortunate to have the Holidays off most of the time now. We never have to travel far to see most of everyone, and it is nice. We might make it to my sisters this year too as we missed last years, for turkey day. I hope it works out. For Christmas we usually do a breakfast on the eve with her sister and family and then Christmas day we are at the DW grandmother's house, she is in her 80's now and we all pitch in, each bringing a dish to share.

We have highs in the 20's early next week with lows in the teens. That should kick me in gear to be ready for winter. I have a few seasonal things to take out and some to put away, then we are all set. Oh, and fix the snow blower asap! I should be able to have it ready in an afternoon.

I hope you all have a good night. Take care my good people.

Cory

bette_kaffitz replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory,

And I worry about an inch of snow so early in the year!

I couldn't imagine working a 68 hour week. When I was working in the organic lab, I had a 37 1/2 hr week. We moved into a brand new lab and had to box up a lot of items that would be dangerous to have carried down the hallways. I worked 3 extra hours for 1 week. I was 24. I was in great shape. Those extra 15 hours just about killed me. Another time, we were selling one of our drugs to a company in Puerto Rico. We had a whole lot of research to do up and document in a very short time. We all pitched in. (Our divisional director took us all out to the swankiest restaurant around for a 3 hour lunch when we were done.)

Our work was appreciated, and we knew it. I feel that this is not often the case at your workplace. What a shame. Good management makes it easy for workers to get the job done. Good management treasures a reliable workforce. And a good management/worker team makes for a good, growing company. It is a shame that your company is not like that.

You are a wonderful, strong person to be able to do this in spite of your fibro.

Bette

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.