Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF*****11/8/2013*****Roll Call
dollbug posted:
TGIF ****can you believe it is Friday again? OMG...it seems like the days are again going by rather quickly. MiMi in NC and I have not been up for some time. Waking up at 3 in the morning is NOT a good thing for me. Why? I have no idea. I am sure there must be a reason for this but I do not know. Things are so much better now since there are NO COURT DAYS scheduled for anyone. This is actually the first time in over 3 years. Thank GOD for this.

Perhaps I am just *excited about the new GC*. I am really looking forward to meeting this little angel that we are going to be blessed with soon. I keep wondering what this baby will look like and what my GS will do when the baby arrives. I am sure he will be a handful for my son and DIL in the beginning. I think he is also getting excited about the arrival, as he keeps asking if today is the day when the baby will get here.

NC is suppose to have some nice weather with a *cold* front on its way. They are saying we might also get some *S* next week. I am not sure that I am ready for this. But I guess it does not matter one way or another IF I am.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we will all have a good day today, with little to no pain.

Welcome to any new members who have joined our support group or perhaps you are just *lurking*. I am sure that you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Be sure and read the info here under *tips* and *resources* and review the *member toolbox* as well. There you will find some good *tools* to try that perhaps you have not thought of trying.

Vitamin D. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. This is important to a lot of people these days and it just might make a difference in your pain level as well. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Do your own research about just how important Vitamin D can be. I know that I find new info almost every month about what the medical researchers have found out.

That's all folks. Have a good Friday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. You mind and your body will surely thank you for doing this.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good TGIF everyone. I hope this post finds each of you feeling well and that you are having a great day. Fibro doesn't always allow us to enjoy pain free days but I hope your today is one of those.

It's cold and was foggy here this a.m. The Sun is out now but it will be cool @ 58. Had a good yesterday with DH. He got the leaves off our lawn yesterday and for a small amount of time it looked like summer again, the lawns are still green, but then the wind picked up and more leaves fell back on the lawn and it had that Fall look again.

Speaking Fall, DH and I opened and used the fire place upstairs last night for the first time, as DH and I have moved upstairs for the next few months. I put on the humidifier too to help with the dry air up there. I also have had to put the winter comforter on the beds. I do hate making the transition from being warm and trying to keep cool, to trying to keep warm.

As for me and my fibro it's getting better with the addition of two more pills a day of Gabapentin and 2 Advil. So I'm feeling somewhat better, which is good. I hope tho when the tests are done in December for the Neuropathy that I get a better Idea of where this Peripheral Neuropathy is, what more I can expect from it and it's flares and what else I can do to ease this flare or the next ones and also that I get to a Podiatrist so my feet will be better too.

You know sometimes well meaning people can say insensitive things. When doing my medical History at my GYN exam I mentioned the NP and my foot pain to my GYN doctor, she's new to me. She assumed I was Diabetic tho there was no such thing on my History. She said in a stern voice that I need to watch my weight, ( I weigh 129 and am 5'2 ), my diet, never go bare footed and take my insulin as directed. I thanked her for her input and then said in a very kind nice voice back to her that I didn't have Diabetes. She looked surprised, looked back at my History and then said she was sorry, but she just assumed .. Well I said in a very kind voice, " You shouldn't have. " Grrrr. I have enough to deal with wrapping my head around this new medical DX.
I think I am having as much trouble, if not more, with this new DX than I had when I was told I had fibro back in the day,

My today is a repeat of Wed. DISH is coming back to repair what their guy did wrong Wed. GURR. I have to wait until he gets done here then head out to get my neck put into traction. Which is working for me. It's working so well that I no longer have a fear of migraines hitting out of the blue. I was also told back in October to drink at least, if not more, 48 oz.'s of water a day to insure that my brain had what it needs. So far I am doing that and all is well. TGFT.

MiMi, I am so glad to see you sooo happy. It's been long over due for you and your family. I'm just over the moon happy to see your life back to normal and that a new little one will add to your happiness.

Cory, Nancy, Lou, Mary hello. I hope that each of you are doing well. Nancy I know you have a new GB to fuss over.. and I hope your adjusting to the new work schedule.
Cory, hope all is well with you and that your doing well with work and I hope the hours are not do draining.

Okay, off line here as the DISH guy is due here soon.
Gentle hugs to all.. Linda R

dollbug replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hello Linda....I woke up this early morning too darn early....around 3 am so I ended up getting back to sleep for a while. (thank GOD I don't work, as I could NOT function like this) ....anyway when I got up the 2nd time I went out to let the dog out and OMG....there were leaves all over the back deck and the side one as well. I have NO trees in my yard. You would never know this though. I think I get more leaves from both neighbors' trees than they get. DH will NOT do anything about them either until they all fall from the tree. To him, it is a waste of time. (I can actually see his point, after I sweep them off the decks today)....this did NOT help my body at all. But I know that I will keep Harley tonight and she runs outside a lot. It is one thing for her to play on the ground but another for her to try to walk on the deck (full of leaves).

Anyway I noticed that there are still LOTS of leaves left. So perhaps soon they will all fall and then be swept to the curve, where they come by and suck them up in the truck.

It is quite interesting what doctors *assume* sometimes, isn't it. I guess I am surprised that a woman doctor would just assume things about patients. I thought this was just the men who did such as this. But I will also tell you what I was told when my dad was in the hospital. That IF people get old enough, the majority of them end of being diabetic. I know that they were certain that my dad was diabetic and when I questioned them about these *findings* I explained to them he never had blood sugar problems. So they re did the tests and sure enough, he did NOT have it. (Of course he was in his 80's as well).

I do hope that you find out what is going on with you with the PN. I also hope that you can find something that will improve this as well.

Take care and have a good week-end.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
TGIG.. I am running behind in my mind--still think its thursday, but yesterday I had it wrong too. Oh well. Linda- My mom did not have diabetes either and did have neuropathy & fibro. She was overweight much of her life but she lost it all a couple times and the neuropathy actuallly was worse as she lost weight--so I think it was just progressive.

Anyhoo-- I'm still working on my house--clean/decorate--moved in a year ago and really do not even have a picture on the wall. So I was thinking I need to try to improve that situation before I put up christmas decor. Also working on my plants-- the ones I brought in yesterday look lovely. They have all had haircuts, new pots for many or some extra soil/compost.. They've been washed and watered and now they are gracing my sunroom and just make me happy. I have a few more to do before I'm done so that's today.

I'm also painting things like plant stands and baskets that I need. I've been collecting those 'mistint' paint samples you get for 50c at Lowes or Home Depot. I have a nice collection--also have some gallons I got for $5 that I use sometimes. I really enjoy making use of them.

As for how am I? Well OK. I've been on a higher dose of gabapentin for a week or so--and that's really made a difference in my hands--so that is great. Still having trouble with hip/pelvic area esp. on right side. the muscles of the gluteous minimus have something--I forget what but it showed up on mri. I'm trying to decide if I really want to drive an hour for PT again as that is what he Spine Dr. advised. I think a good massage therapist who knows how to find trigger points would probably work better. Also I'm still doing stretches in the hot tub and trying to walk my dogs more. I think really I just don't have confidence in PT --I've been to the same place before and it really was not as helpful as it was expensive and a hassle.

Seems to me that although I do have some meds that really help pain--I need to find some more 'self-directed' techniques for problems that doctors don't seem to be able to fix.

Well that's all for me. My best to all of you. Mimi- hope that grand baby comes soon and is all healthy. Nancy-- I know you are enjoying yours! Jan--if you read, thinking of you--and you are always in my prayers.

Cory--I just am thinking how hard it must be to have this as a man-- you want your family to be able to rely on you. Its good you are being proactive with insurance and such. Very responsible. In the long run though-- you need pray and trust God with it--as do we all-and rest in Him-- I remember my dad when he got sick--he was very worried about my youngest brother who was still young. He taught him to paint before he died--and that has been a good business for him.
Just thought I'd mention that as it was on my mind. I think my dad's prayers & little bit of direction are what got my youngest brother on a good path for his life.
Mary

bette_kaffitz replied to missist's response:
Mary,

I envy you your plant-filled life. Through a l-o-n-g period of trial and error, I finally figured out that I get seriously congested as soon as there is a plant in the house. Ditto for live Christmas trees. They bring so much ambiance to your home, and I truly miss that, but my nose, sinuses, and lungs do not.

MiMi,

I know you are just counting the days for that precious little one to bring your family more joy. And joy can be the world's best placebo.

Sometimes it is hard for us to break out of the shell of pain, pain awareness, and pain avoidance. Meds can only do so much. Attitude helps with the rest.

Linda,

So much for the personal touch. Let's be kind and say the OB/GYN was focused in on one of her patients who wasn't doing well. That doesn't mean what she did was right. You were there for her professional help. What you got was a distracted doctor. Not so nice. This is especially true because of the intimate nature of your exam and the talk you should have been sharing. Is there a different doc you might feel more connected with?

Glad that much of your pain has lessened with a little more medication. Isn't it great that a tiny change like that can make such a big difference. Makes you wonder if some of the meds we try are just not the right dosage to work. Too much and you get more side effects. Too little and there's no relief.
Let's hope that the right side feels better soon too.

To All,

The radio frequency ablation trial is still kicked in. I made a pot of spaghetti sauce and meatballs this morning to simmer all day. Usually, the low back starts screaming in about 5 minutes. The treated right side was just starting to act up in a whole hour on my feet. The untreated left side was slower to register pain but no where near as good as the left.

Even my hands are better today. And it is a major blessing to be able to get on and off the toilet without pain and without my hands on the wall, the seat, or anything else steadying. I am
definitely going for the real deal now that the trial has helped so much.

We had snow on and off since around 4 yesterday and woke up to an inch or so on the ground. Pretty, but brrrr.

Bette

missist replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Bette-- you wouldn't envy me my plant filled life if you had seen me just now picking one up off the dirt covered carpet-- I also have a dog filled life and one of them knocked it over. Another friend just told me about mold in plants--I never even thought of it. When I was first dx'd with fibro I had a bad sinus infection that was part of the kick off--and I was sent to an allergist he said he'd never seen results like mine. I reacted just Slightly to EVERY mold and most other household environmental things and many pollens. so I have been taking some kind of allergy med for over 20 yrs. Suddenly was able to stop taking those a couple weeks ago and nothing has gone wrong so far. Hope that they have faded out. The last several times I tried to stop taking cetrizine I was head to toe itchy and had vertigo. This time nothing happened. wow.
Mary

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.