Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lyrica
fibrokathy posted:
After taking Lyrica for a few months, my experience has been promising. I am up to 300 mg.per day and it knocks the pain level down a little bit. My thinking is clearer because the pain level is down. This is my second trial with Lyrica. I have not had any major side effects. I may ask my doctor if I can go up to 450 mg. to determine if the higher dosage offers me even more pain relief. I still have tender spots, but the Lyrica just knocks the pain down a notch.

I am wondering what others have experienced with Lyrica and if has been worthwhile for you.

bette_kaffitz responded:
Kathy,

Gosh, it's great that the Lyrica is helping you the way Phizer says it should. My husband is on it and says it helps him, too. Unfortunately, Lyrica is on the long list of meds I cannot use because it prevents me from starting my urine flow. Those trips to the ER to get catheterized are no fun at all.

If your doctor does not feel comfortable upping the dose to increase your coverage, you may find that she/he is more responsive toward adding a small dose of another medication. That would keep your dosage of Lyrica within what the doc considers safe for you and still give you better pain relief. Many of us are on multiple drugs for this reason.

Then there are those of us like Kathy who cannot use any meds. Just consider yourself lucky that you are able to tolerate one of the drugs that was actually designed for fibro, and that it is helping you.

There are many ways to fight this dragon. The challenging part is finding a way that helps you and where your fibro is NOW. As you probably know, this disease is always full of surprises. Just when one aspect is tamed, another one pops up. I guess that's what makes us such resourceful people. We have to be.

Please let us know what happens with you and your Lyrica. We all need to know all these puzzle pieces in order to help each other.

Towards better days,

Bette

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.