Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday *****11/9/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is COLD....35* right now. I woke up early, too early, this morning as the furbabies decided they needed to get up and go out. We all were able to go back to sleep though. Thank goodness for this. It is cold here. I am hoping my plants will survive but I do not know.

The weather people are still predicting some *S* for next week. It just might be falling but not sticking. I guess cold enough in some places to fall but not cold enough to stick to the ground. Whatever, I am not ready for *S*. But of course, that does not matter either.

I went to pick up my vitamins yesterday since they had a *sale* and OMG....I am glad I went when I did. The large bottles of P5P were gone....so I ended up ordering one and bought a small bottle as I was getting low on it. I can NOT even imagine not taking it. The store honored the *sale price* which was good. I also got another bottle of Magnesium Malate as well. So I am now set for a while.

Also picked up some thermal wear for the GC. They will need them before winter is over with. The boys love to get out in the snow. So the thermal wear can be put on before the snowsuit.
I can remember when I was young and loved the snow as well. It is so pretty falling and we always made *snow cream*.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined us recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help improve the way you feel. Learn all you can about what others have learned that has made a difference for them. I am sure something will also help you as well. You just have to find the *right combination of tools*.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day and stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
Sorry I didn't get here yesterday...things haven't changed much...still hanging in there...Mimi..I am anxious to hear when the baby comes too!!! Oh, how I wish I could have grands !

Linda...read about the doc...grrrr....glad you got through it.

ah..not much to say...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

katmandulou responded:
Hi MiMi and Everybody!

It's cold here too, 44 now and usually low 40s overnight. I'm not ready for the cold weather. With Dad's fall, I don't feel like I had much of a summer.

In a couple of weeks we're going to Japan, visit with DH's brother and SIL. I hope to see a lot, relax a bit, and come home refreshed. I fear I'll go crazy thinking of everything that has to be done since he passed. I've already overdrawn two checking accounts, and forgot to send the check for the water bill.

The PT has worked a little bit, but I can't tell anymore what's FM pain and what's stress. My hair is falling out again (even tho' I'm still using the Rogaine), I'm not sleeping well, and I can't get my mind to just shut up. I fear I'm gonna lost it in public, so I'm looking into professional help. DH says the mental health insurance coverage is good, but I've lost the email.

I don't even want to know what's next.

Keep taking your meds and supplements, and I wish you all the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I hope you are all doing well. I'm hanging in there. My body is a total mess, but staying somewhat positive with the thoughts of big check on payday. I think I will be hurting pretty bad for a while. I do have 10hrs tomorrow or more, 8 on Monday, then 12's for 4 days, followed by a 4 day weekend after that. My right foot and right middle finger are partly numb. What isn't tingling hurts badly right now, even at rest. Blahh. I crawled on my hands and knees all day today but I had a better job than a lot of us had. I try to see the good if at all possible. Sometimes I have to look real deep.

To Bette's comment the other day:
It is a struggle for me daily to deal with doing less and feeling less of a man. It is a big factor in my ongoing depression. My family counts on me and that keeps me going. It's time to prepare for any unexpected life changes. Live simple and within our means just in case. Day by day as I say, If I look too far ahead it just amplifies the negatives. As for faith, I fall asleep in church, have no specific organized religion, but I hold strong to my values and believe you get what you give, never underestimating karma or the value of hard work. Nothing is free in life. My little men know these things well. When I need to pray I do.

Mimi,
I still have not tried P5P. I need to do my own trial. My back has hurt at some level every day for several years. It's a good idea to try simple solutions, I am all for that, and appreciate you always sharing your findings.

Cece, take care, I'm glad your hanging in there and I hope your feeling okay.

Lou, I hope you can get your head to relax so you can. I think many of us have moments like those but if they don't pass quickly make sure you get help right away.

Nancy, I hope you are doing better.

Nancy, sorry about your Dr. experience. Some people are so insensitive.

Aside form my usual struggles things are going good at home. The DW understands when I hurt bad because she can see it. She has been great during this long work stretch. I am grateful for that.

To all, take care and have a good night.

Cory

bette_kaffitz responded:
It's far from still being Saturday, and I'm still awake. Somewhere around 4 a.m., I usually do doze off for a few hours.

It's amazing to imagine that I actually had the patience to deal with little kids when I was undiagnosed and untreated all those years ago. Having our son's GF and her DD visiting most weekends is both a joy and a trial. Those energy-packed antics are quite a change from our usual, quiet, somewhat orderly life.

A six year old is amazing. She walks around with her flop-eared stuffed rabbit under one arm and an occasional thumb in her mouth. She's in love with our lab, Yukon. She is a sweet, wonderful child who has come into our lives.

Her mother is divorced from a relationship that I am beginning to think was abusive. She's much too quiet. It's like she's walking on eggs. I hope she can learn to relax with us and feel more at home. And I truly hope that this young woman has not had the experiences I am afraid she DID have.

"Dating" for our 42 year old son bears no resemblance to what I remember happening. But this is the way things are in our time. My mother (and hers before that) would say things like, "Remember, keep both feet on the floor at all times." I really feel that that was silly. And in many ways it was more "wrong" than the way today's couples live together before marriage. Go figure.

Enough of Philosophy by Bette. Hope you are all sound asleep, and will get a smile out of the ramblings of one very tired old lady.

Bette

P.S. The right side (with the trial radio frequency ablation on Thursday) is still far less painful than the left. Hooray!

booch007 replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Good morning,

I too didn't make Saturday's post but am putting Sunday on Saturday (2 for 1)!!lol

Bette....did you have the ablation?? Is that what you wrote here?? I'll see if I can find the post you wrote.

Silly things get me here...anyone notice it says 2 weeks ago on Cece's post? Now how can that be? Or is just my computer that has that written. (I do have my glasses on)
Silly thing........

Mimi I am heading out for Vitamins also I am out of my Magnesium and there IS a difference in me without it. So right after becoming human this morning I go.

I had a productive day yesterday and went out to look for the favors for the Christening of Emily. God bless a smart phone. I Shot all the choices off to my DIL and we settled on something.
She was looking for angels........an angel ornament for the Christmas tree for all. Good thought right? Not easy to find as I thought. Even in the religious mega store next to our deli..

Amazing when you NEED to find something. I have to go there for respect (she did all the other GC) so I will wait for her to find somehting on Monday to fit our idea.

I ran out of gas last night. Funny how you can feel that it is DONE, you can't go anymore. I am chaging though and this is good I guess. The neck and headaches are much less in the forefront, it is the upper back muscles now that are speaking out most if not all the time. I am hoping this moving of symptoms might be that in 5 years it will be down to the waist and then GONE........

Oh ......here is that denial devil that sits on the left shoulder....(your going to be fine, you'll get over this...you can beat it..)

On the right shoulder...(comon sense....Doc says it is forever...make a plan get some tools.....)

Crap, this is going to be me forever.....tossing between the two devils I have on my shoulders. The dragon in back of me and the jobs I need to do in front of me. L I F E ....

Well, a slower day today and looking to get outside in the sun and continue to chip away at closing the yard for winter. It takes forever as I have so many **things**. Fountains need wrapping and one removed and FIG tree is wrapped and blanketed (like a baby). Umbrella is still on the pool deck....it goes on....so hoping today is the day to be DONE.

Hugs out to all who fight this everyday, we are a strong group of people. If the general public only knew what this feels like everyday. WHEW...things would change quick!!

Hugs, Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B...sorry you are dealing with so much. Yes, I think we all have the wrath of the dragon with us and it rears it's ugly head at times when we do NOT need to deal with it the most. Happens every time.

I was thinking...angels? Have you checked at Hallmark store? You just might find what you want there. They have all sorts of Christmas things. I know that I love to shop there...(mostly after the holidays though for the sales) Things are a bit too expensive normally.

I can tell when I miss my vitamins and supplements as well. Not a good thing for me to do often. I have learned my lesson.

I hope you feel better soon.

Take care and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello cece...good to see your post...Nana B noticed your post said it was posted 2 weeks ago. OMG...I had to go back to see for myself and sure enough it is. OK...I guess *modern technology is NOT always a good thing*...or so it seems.

Anyway, I just wanted to add this comment as I think we all know that it this is not possible. What caused it is anyone's GUESS.

Take care.

MiMi

mnjeepguy replied to dollbug's response:
My second comment to Nancy must have been a cloudy moment. It was for Linda R.

fibroinsd responded:
Well...I always knew I was a little behind the times...but that is too funny !!! Two weeks ago??? yup..mine says that too..?? weird..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello cece....and some people feel like they can *TRUST* the modern day technology....I guess this probably opens up a lot of questions to lot of things, don't it? I am still trying to figure out just how your post got here with the 2 weeks ago....perhaps it was just a fluke?

I know that several years ago....we accidently found out that my DH's SS # had been purged. I was told that it was indicated he died and all of his information was taken off the system. (this was during the time he had cancer). OK....so his SS # was purged and when he returned to work the company continued to with hold his taxes. So exactly *where did his money go*? It had been several *years* since this happened. Well, believe it or not....it took some woman (GOD BLESS HER) many years before she figured this out and she called me right before she was getting ready to retire and told me she thought she had *fixed the problem*. She said the only thing which *saved* him was the fact that he has worked for only one company for most of his life. I am still wondering though IF indeed it has all been fixed. As he gets closer each year to retirement, I guess we will know when he does....or we will have a HUGE problem of trying to *explain what happened*. It seems like there are *mistakes* being made but then it is actually *LEFT UP TO THE PERSON* to get the mistake corrected. REALLY??????? Yes. We were lucky that we accidently discovered the mistake.

I am still not quite sure exactly how it happened and just how it did not send up a *RED FLAG* when he starting working again. To me, this shouts volumes of just how the system works/or not. I often also wonder about how anything is actually *balanced*.

You are right....there are many weird things which happen. And sometimes, there are no answers for them either.

Take care and I hope you enjoy your day off.

MiMi

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.