Skip to content
I did it!!! Stepping out on faith...
sparkyar posted:
hello all!!!
Well I did it, I resigned from my job effective on the 24th.. I had already cut back my hours to part time but that seemed to be to much at times... My doctor recommended six months ago to cut back but I kept on, and really screwed up myself.. I work three days it takes two days of sleeping and resting in bed just to get enough energy to get out of bed.. It was a horrible cycle for me..
I am checking in to disability I am only 45 but I have to try it.. There is absolutely no way I can work full time.. The funny part is I think this is where God wants me to be, it seems like it is all turning my way... Instead of a struggle all the time. My new job is to be a house wife our youngest graduated in May.. She and my son in law are excited over the baby coming in February.. My first grand baby to spoil.. I am sad over not working and missing my residents.. but I know it was time.. Now I can volunteer my time and do fun stuff.. Praying all will turn out, even if it doesn't I have God on my side to help me through...

fibroinsd responded:
Congrats on the resignation..do hope it all works out for you..and congrats on the upcoming becoming a grandma..I hear it is a great thing !
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

bette_kaffitz responded:
Sparkyar,

That was quite a decision you made. I hope it is one that brings you a little more rest, a lot less pain, and a chance to get a lot more fun into your life.

It seems that without a job, it's harder to know what day of the week it is. It takes longer to get myself ready in the morning (breakfast, teeth, shower, clothes). And the house isn't really any cleaner.

But, oh, what joy to be able to roll over and have a few more minutes in bed--especially on those nights that it takes several hours to get to sleep.

So enjoy the coming holidays, prepare for that dear, precious grandchild, and kick back a little bit.

And tell your fibro to go to blazes--or at least someplace else.

Bette

ajnsmom responded:
Hi, I pray that your disability claim will be approved. I'm only 48, will turn 49 in February, and I applied for SSDI and it's now under reconsideration after the first denial. So we shall see. I sold my mobile home and moved in with my son, so I depend on him quite a bit. Let us know how it goes. And it is so nice being home to spend time with my grandbaby. She turns 3 in January. I'm happy for you, that you are soon becoming a grandma.

Linda S. (Jax, FL)

allybigcat replied to ajnsmom's response:
Hope both of you will win your ssdi award. I was lucky..very lucky. I was 4 months short of 52 when I'd applied. I was accepted first round...never had to appeal. Whew!

I was told by 2 paralegals who'd given me much invaluable advice that there are 3 age milestones that SS has for ssdi. 50, 55, and 60. Lol, age is on one's side when applying.

However, there are many much younger people who are very disabled. It's sad that many times they're denied.

dollbug replied to allybigcat's response:
Hello...you are so right...it is a shame when a person is no longer able to make a living due to being disabled but have worked their entire life and are entitled to the benefit of drawing their disability. I am assuming, like anything else, there are people who abuse the system and the system is forced to punish lots of people for what a few people do.

I then also wonder WHY anyone would think that being approved for the SSD and getting a benefit much less than what they could make at a job would be something that people truly want to do. Most people had rather work and make more money than to depend upon what they would draw otherwise. The *system* is so very BROKEN. I would hope that *common sense* could be/would be/should be used...but I do NOT think, for a minute that it is.

Perhaps if these people could walk in our footsteps for a few days, then they just might understand what those who can not work go through each and every day.

I worked starting at 14 years old when I had a part time job. I have worked most of my life except for what my children were born and I stayed at home until they started to school.

Personally, I think the system has too much *control* of the situation. This should be the decision of our doctors, who know the most about our health and what we can or can not do. But then I know that there are people who NEVER even go to the doctors about their health issues.

The majority of people get denied the first time and sometimes even the 2nd time. People should NEVER GIVE UP though...especially if you have worked long enough to have enough credits which makes you entitled to the benefits. (I think it is 40). Most people work their entire life and never use the SSD but just retire.

We, FMers, must remember that we must keep on keeping on until we succeed in what we are trying to do...no matter what it is.

Good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
193 of 210 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.