Skip to content
Monday***Monday***Veterans Day ***11/11/2013 ***
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is a cool fall morning...but is supposed to be a nice day again for a couple of days...cold weather though is headed our way. They are still saying NC might get some snow but it will not be much. (perhaps none for my area).

Just in case I gave my GS a snow suit that I had found this year and some thermal underwear so he would be ready. He is really growing up. It is hard to believe how fast the time passes.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something soon that will help you cope better. As we all know there are no magic pills that will make all of the pain go away. (not yet anyway - but we can always hope) And I think we all know that what helps one person may or may not help another. Only you will know when you have found the *right combination of tools* that make a difference. So hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them cope. We are all different and what helps one may or may not help another.

Vitamin D. Again I want to remind anyone who has NOT gotten their Vitamin D level checked to be sure and speak to your doctor about this. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Today is Veterans Day. Please remember those who have served our country.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more...your body and your mind will certainly thank you for doing so.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday everyone. I hope that your weekend was a good one and that you were able to be out and enjoying the Fall weather and colors. The Fall season is always so nice as it welcomes in the Christmas season. And that today is fibro issue and pain free.

MiMi, it will be cold here as well. Tonight going down to the high 20's and tomorrow the bottom falls out. Day times high will be in the low 30's around here. And we too are being told some white flakes could fall near or around us. UGH, I was ready for the Christmas season but no so much the snow that could fall.

Nothing much to post about. I have two appointments around noon, my chiropractor and the neck traction. should be out around 2 hours and then back home to finish up house hold chores and then dinner. Today is beyond boring but such is life when the seasons change from being out of doors to being in doors. UGH and Sigh.

Okay, just checking in.. my best to all. Wishing each of you a wonderful today.
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

fibroinsd responded:
Happy Veterans Day...

No work for me today...thought I might be able to sleep in..but had to take DH and DD to the airport. They are headed to Oregon to help my MIL and her husband move into assisted living...just wishing I could get my parents in there too !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

lb707 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Long time no hear from me! LIFE been a little over whelming. In may rear ended few days before routine mammogram that had to be redone.

Next my Mom in the hospital, my biopsy, told Mom could never live alone and DX of hers2 rare aggressive cancer.

I was told I could not take care of Mom so now she is a semi assisted living sitation at part of a nursing home.

My prognosis is good for now but a fight ahead of me. Good thing my Ongologist takes fibro into every decision.

laurab

bette_kaffitz replied to lb707's response:
Laura,

Boy, what a bunch of whammies you have had in six short months. No wonder there was no time to spend here.

It is always hard to see someone you love hurting. You want so much to be able to take the pain away. You want to make them better. And that is what you have done your best to do for your mother. You found the best possible place for her to be for now. I know this was a hard thing to do, but it was exactly what a loving daughter had to do.

Thank heavens your own prognosis is good. We hear the faintest whisper of the "C" word and always think the worst. But that is not true for you. Hooray! How wonderful.

You are so lucky to have a caring oncologist who is helping you while avoiding stirring up fibro flares. Let's hope that you continue on this encouraging path.

Please try to make extra quiet, "me" time for yourself to destress. You need this. It will contribute to your recovery in subtle ways. A body always ramped up on stress cannot fight fibro or any other illness.

Many of us here will be praying for you, your mom, and both of your medical teams. I know I will.

Towards better days,

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. Well I did it, I survived the worst of it. I worked an easy 8 today and everyone was on the same page of recovery and getting back to normal. At the end of the day a coworker offered to work tomorrow so I get a day off before my last three 12's. I was very thankful. My DW gave me a much needed massage last night an that helped a little bit. My knees are waving the white flag and I am sore but surviving.

It looked like my last couple of posts vanished. I'm not sure where they are but I will keep posting. It's weird how with all of today's technology a simple post is hard to solidify.

We are pondering buying a family house. The DW grandparent's home is now empty. It is a small rambler but has three bedrooms to out 2, a full lot to our half, a garage and a full basement, and is 70-80 years newer than ours. All good things, including the possible buy of 50-65k. This is very cheap. In very good shape it would go for 100k. It does need a lot of tlc inside but has good bones. The executers would give us a deal if they can but there are 8 children. They all grew up in that little house and a few see $ signs. All proceeds would go to debt though. No matter the selling price. We will see.

So I wish you all well, tomorrow is my day of rest and rest I will. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
193 of 210 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.