Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday *****11/12/13 *****Can you believe this date?
dollbug posted:
Today is 11/12/13.....can you believe this? They say more people will get married today because of the date. Interesting, to say the least.

MiMi in NC where it is 42* but it feels much colder. They say that VERY COLD temps are on the way. Some places might get some snow. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I know that it seems a lot colder than what it is right now, perhaps due to the wind. Don't quite understand this though.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

So much going on around the world. Typhoon Devastation and a lot of deaths. So very sad. This is proof that things could indeed be a whole lot worse.

Welcome to the new members. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Learn all you can about what others have found that has made a difference for them. We also have to remember though that what works for one may or may not work for another. You have to figure out what *combination of tools* will help you cope better.

Vitamin D. Again I have to say that this is really important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Not a lot going on here.

Have a good day and try to stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday everyone. Just a quick post here. I hope each of you is doing well with your fibro issues.

It's cold here today, really feeling winter. I awoke to see some white on the porch rails and car roof tops.. must have been a few flakes that fell during the night. It's cloudy and won't get very warm. 40 something, down into the low 20's tonight and not very warm tomorrow either. But will get back into the 60's by the weekend.. I can deal with that.

Not dealing very well however with maybe having to go to a funeral service. Most second Tuesday's of each month BFF and I do lunch, but today, instead of lunch, she and I are supposed to attend a funeral service. One of the men who hired BFF many times over the years passed away and his service is today. She and I really don't want to go. As he really was a very gruff and rude man. Unkind to many and plan outright rude to me many times. I always sucked it up, never said a word back, smiled and just went on with the dinner services. but honestly I disliked him. BFF feels much the same way but people have asked if WE would be at the service. Why wonder about us attending.

Okay, gotta go and get ready to go.. BFF is picking me up in a few. UGH.. not looking forward to this.

Gentle hugs to all.. Linda R

katmandulou responded:
Happy Tuesday!@

Did anyone else have issues with page layout? When I got here I saw postings PLUS the the code that makes it look the was it does most of the time. HAHA

Cols and snowing lightly in southeastern Mass. Brrr! i flurries for awhile then stops. My fave radio station said it's the first snow, so they play "Let it Snow"! This year, it's by Lady Antebellum.

PT this morning was tough, they just can't get into the most painful spasm in my back, but he's finding others to poke at. Off to do Dad things, then to the eye doc. DH said we have a lot still in the health savings account, so I'll splurge on new glasses.

Gotta head out, I'll see Mom before the finance people. Have the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone, it is bitter cold here. I woke to 15and it warmed up to maybe 30. It was a good day to stay inside. I did have a good restful day. I went to have coffee, and later lunch with my brother. He is going through some rough times with his young wife. They are fine but I feel for the children. The two young ones are 4 and 10 months. It is a sad deal.
I made sure that I spent quality time with each of them.

It's back to work tomorrow, but I feel mildly restored, as good as I can feel for the next stint. I am very grateful for the day off.

11/12/13? Think of the added pressure not to forget the date since it is supposedly hard to forget. That may cause a pickle. The news made a note of the time 9:10...11/12/13. I think I was having a cup of coffee, not significant at all, Lol.

Linda, don't feel bad about a person who never did. I f he was not a good person don't feel remorseful. We get in life and death, what we deserve. There is no need to pretend we feel a loss for someone undeserving. Just my thoughts...

Lou, good luck with the PT. It always amazes me how things are tied together.

Tae care everyone, have a good night.

Cory

bette_kaffitz replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Linda,

Over the past 40 years, there have been many friends and acquaintances who have passed away. All too often, I have not been able to attend the funerals. If your back starts screaming within 5 minutes, you cannot join a long receiving line at a crowded funeral.

It has always been a serious decision whether to bring on all this pain or not.

Of course, on a good day, that is not a consideration.

You have limited resources. You--and only you--know how much stress attending this funeral could entail. Of course, if your friend went, you were apt to go in support for her.

Isn't it a shame that there were so many bad feelings about this man at this time? He brought it on himself, but he must have lived a narrow, mean life. How sad.

Just a thought. One of the saddest funerals I ever attended was for a 94 year old neighbor lady who had been bedridden for several years in the next farm up. My MIL and I had been helping her bathe each day until the end. No one there was crying. There was no one left who knew the little girl, the young wife, the widow who had been a vibrant member of the community. There was no one to muorn. How utterly sad.

At least to me.

Bette

Bette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.