Skip to content
Hump Day *****11/13/2013*****COLD in NC.
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily, MiMi in NC and it is COLD. Low 20's and there are some places with light snow. It is going to climb to the mid 40's though. This is just a COLD SPELL. The week-end will be back to the 60's... OMG. I am NOT ready for the cold weather. I am sure some places got more snow and that it is much colder as well.

I have been cold for a couple of days now. I have been wearing my cuddl duds over my regular clothes and still feel cold. I think that perhaps we are just more sensitive to cold and especially damp weather.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all...with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort to find the right combination of *tools* that just might make a difference in your pain level. For the most part I do not think we, FMers, are ever actually *painfree*...but there are some things which offer a bit of relief for us. We, FMers, must keep on keeping on, until we find what works for us.

Vitamin D. Again I am reminding anyone who has NOT gotten their Vitamin D level to be sure and speak to your doctor about this. It is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. The best thing about this is that it is really a very cheap fix.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this COLD day in NC. I am looking forward to the week-end which will bring my GD and warmer weather as well.

Have a good Wednesday and stay warm, if you can.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good BRRRY Wed. Morning Mimi and all.
We had some snow last night-- which is incredible for South Carolina in November. Brr. My chihuahua is on--'no I won't go outside' mode--but luckily he is small enough that I can pick him up and set him outside. LOL. I have all the bedroom doors closed so he can't sneak off to use them.

There's no snow on ground this morning but there is ice on my dock and there was alot of creaking and banging out on the dock last night as the wind whipped the water up. The boat kept slamming into the dock and I kept peaking out make sure no damage was done--not that I could do a thing about that, it would have been a bad idea to go out on our floating dock in that situation. It all looks OK this morning.

I have the heat on and Paco is lying next to his favorite thing - my space heater here in the sun room. I use it til the sun warms the room up then it goes off for the day.

So I started Lamictal this morning for epilepsy. Got that diagnosed by the neuro. yesterday. I'm really not upset by it--after almost 30 years with fibro you can actually feel giddy to have something that shows up on a test-- that people won't question you over or be stupidly rude about. Also there is hope that 'some' of my fibro symptoms will be helped by this med eventually. I have to work up to the right dose for me, and continue to see the neuro. I am allowed to drive since I don't lose consciousness when I have seizures although I'm told that can change. Hope not.

I am so behind on all the thing I wanted to do before Hubby got home from Germany, he will be home Friday and I have to get this place back in some kind of order. I think I started 5 different projects and have not finished one. This is probably part of my problem lately--my brain is so disorganized and forgetful--that I am told will be helped by this med. yay!

So today I am taking the grandkid to story time at the library; next week is the last day for that before the holidays. That's good cuz I may not be home.

So glad my plants are all dragged in before this happened--this coldness. We were supposed to hit 25 about midnite I was in bed so no idea--but it sure felt like that would happen.

HOpe you all have a great day, with minimal fibro problems.
Mary

bette_kaffitz responded:
Wow! Today was the day for my mammogram and bone density studies. Some glitz happened, and the hospital had me scheduled for a DIAGNOSTIC mammo instead of a routine one.
Wouldn't have made a difference except that the radiologist was stuck 70 miles away and couldn't make it on the icy roads. (It was still 13 degrees out when I left home at 9 a.m.) Since all I needed was the routine testing, we got both done.

Everything was fine until the bone density tech said that the last test would be with my toes pointed in. I don't know what exactly happened, but the right hip/leg is still extremely painful. And that's the side that had been so much better after the trial radio frequency ablation.

Dragged myself from hospital to the grocery store and bought some essentials. By the time I got home, I couldn't have brought those things into the house for anything. DH to the rescue! I'd be lost without my big, strong guy.

Been chilling and trying to get hip/leg to feel more like normal. This is how the left one felt when I needed the replacement and then the revision. Not a happy thought.

JUST SAW AN AD ON DR. OZ. THERE IS A CLINICAL TRIAL SOME OF YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN. CHECK IT OUT AT:

www.fmtrial.com

They don't want me. Maybe I'm too old. Maybe I'm already on the wrong medicine. Whatever.

Hope you all had better days than mine.

Bette

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon....so very tired...trying to catch up on things...

My cousin was in town yesterday and took me and my mom and dad out to dinner..it was so nice...but exhausting..as usual...but things went well...She said my mom is about the same as her mom..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.