Skip to content
Hi all... Just a quick note to catch up again...
dakotaspirit1957 posted:
Hope all are doing fine... Been missing you.... Got my cast off and my broken arm is swollen and sore all the time now... FM is going nuts... Caught a cold... Parkinsons is upset and it is hard to type so I haven't been using my computer or writing much... Really slowing down the holiday cards.... lol...

It is my brother's 65 birthday today... I will call my mom again tonight to see how she is doing... He is the one who died recently.... She was having a rough time this morning... Trying to stay busy...

My daughter and I spent the day together... It was a nice day of talk and laughter... And a few tears... I am having a rough time already with the holidays... But I think and hope it is just me missing my psych meds... I hopefully will be back on them after the appointment I have on the 25th...

finally found out my medical insurance is straightened out... So I have a pc dr... Who doesn't treat FM but will send me to a reumy... They ussually give up on treating me but what the heck... He also doen't treat chronic pain... So he will refur me to pain management.... Hope he will treat something lol... Or not be too offended to organize drs... lol..

I am so lonely for my husband who died 2 years ago on Dec. 26th.... I fear the holidays... But I keep trying to remember he was so ill and in so very much pain... He is in a much better place... And a Christmas angel now... He was just so dear to me... And I keep dreaming of him... It just feels like my heart is breaking again...

My dog, Angel, got hit by a car a couple of days ago... Thank God she only got a couple of cuts above her eyes and wasn't hurt seriously... The driver weaved into the ditch and hit her with her with her bumper... She took a bad tumble and we were worried about her for she is a month pregnant... But she seems ok.. Had some premature labor but it went away... Is back to her loving and cuddly self again... I was so upset... The lady didn't even stop until she was on her way back home... To much in a hurry to stop... She was lucky it wasn't one of the kids she didn't hit they were right close buy helping my daughter load the truck... She almost hit the truck...

Well... I guess I will run... Took a while to write this and I told my daughter I would watch the kids at her house and finish supper for her so it would be ready when she got home from picking up her husband from work... I am just boiling potatoes.... Easy job... lol...

You all take care and those in the cold try to stay warm... Those in the heat of AZ... I am ot missing it there lol... I don't mind the cold nights... It hasn't been any colder then 55 during the days here yet.. I can deal with that...

Love... Jan/Dakota

bette_kaffitz responded:
Jan,

It never seems to let up, does it? It seems as if this holiday season will be filled with too darn many bad thoughts. That is far from good. How can you start building new, good memories? YOU are alive. Your life is ongoing. It should bring you some joy every day.

Your dear dog seems to be recovering well from that horrible experience. Be thankful. Be thankful that it was NOT a child that was hurt that day.

I know that this sounds so easy and carefree. It's not. I know all too well how easy it is to become depressed and how very, very easy it is to stay in that depression. Hopefully, when you get back on your psych meds, it will be a little easier for you.

Is there some way you can get a little counselling to help with that process? Right now you need a little extra help. Ask for it.

Your arm has caused you an extra amount of pain. It has probably limited your ability to get around and do the things you would most like to do. It is just one more way to drag you down. Of course, you and your fibro are suffering. Who wouldn't.

But, this should not be a long term situation. As soon as you can get the meds and other help you need, I hope you find some ways to make your whole life a bit brighter each day. No, I am NOT blaming you for this blue funk you are in. I am just urging you to do all the things you can to get out of it.

A very wise friend helped me out of a very bad time. She asked if I keep a journal. (Not really.) Then she asked me to try--just for a few weeks--to take a few minutes out each night at bedtime and write down the things I was thankful for. My entries ran from sunshine to my children and from reading to walks in the woods. In days--not weeks--I was looking at my life differently. I was more aware of the good things and less focused on the bad.

Try this for 1 week. I hope it makes a difference. You need joy in your life. We all do.

Bette

dakotaspirit1957 replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
I just made it bake to read and found this... Thanks Bette.... I needed your words of wisdom... I sometimes forget how handy my journal is... especially when putting it to a positive effect...

I am doing better today... Been staying out of seclusion... lol... Spending more time with my daughter... So I am out of my house and at hers more and not alone a much... Does wonders for my mood swings... and depression....

My Dog is doing well... She is due to have puppies in about 2 weeks.. I can't wait...

Well... my hands don't let me type long... I need to rest... You all take care ad thanks again...

Love... Jan/Dakota

dollbug replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Hello Jan. I am glad that you are doing better. It is good when you have someone to talk to and be around, especially family who hopefully understands what you are going through. My children and grands are my lifelines.

Sometimes the holidays gets kind of hectic and we, FMers, sometimes *forgot our limits* and what we can and can NOT do. I am going to try to remember this myself.

Hopefully I will NOT have any big *stressors* to deal with...but actually I never know. It seems to be one thing or yet another. I think I am now just waiting for my GB to arrive. I was hoping it would be this week-end since there was a *FULL MOON*...but it did not happen. So again I just wait. I continue to hope and pray that the baby arrives and both will be fine.

I am sure you will have a good holiday, with lots of family to surround you. This is what life is all about.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

bette_kaffitz replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
Jan,

One thing that has helped me during this season is to bring the "Christ" back and remove the "X" from Christmas. We are not a very religious family, but we are grounded in a deepseated faith.

Christmas is not about a tree, or a super clean house, or a bunch of decorations. I doubt that the stable in Bethlehem was any cleaner than the average barn. There were no decorations. Any trees were probably palms.

Sing along with the carols, whether you are in church or at home listening to the radio. While you work around the house (on the good days only), plan some ways to spend this time with your family.

Your puppies will be another joy around the first of December. How sweet. By Christmas they will be staggering around your house and starting to explore. New life is a constant reminder of just how wonderful this world can be. And about that time you will be starting to think about good homes for each pup to find in January.

It seems your next few weeks will be FULL of the joy of life. Lucky you.

Bette

bette_kaffitz replied to dollbug's response:
MiMi,

You know perfectly well that that dear child will begin to arrive just as the family is siting down to Thanksgiving dinner.

And everyone who has gathered to celebrate the holiday with you will hopefully be around to greet this new member of the family when she comes home on Friday (or Saturday depending on how long the little angel takes to arrive).

Whenever this happy day is, please be sure to let us know about baby and mother as soon as you come down off the clouds.

Bette

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Dear Jan,
I feel your lost. I lost my younger brother during the holidays last year. He collapsed last Christmas Eve and died January 23rd. I was lucky to get to talk with him before he died. He was just 48 years old when he died. I am hoping to go back down to spend Christmas with our mom. My sister and other brother are going to try to go with me. We are going to try to have a fun filled day for our mom. I know my younger brother would want us to have fun and keep mom busy. I like what you said about a Christmas Angel. I will think of my brother that way. I know it will bring comfort to me. I am so sorry you have lost so much. I can tell you are a strong woman. I am glad your have your daughter so close. I am jealous of you having puppies coming soon. You will have to be sure to tell us when they come and what they look like! I love dogs. I have three. They feel my life and heart with so much happiness and love. I hope your little ones will do the same for you.
Take care and remember you are in my prayers. I hope you arm heals quickly.
Soft hugs,
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

kasie75 responded:
HI Jan, nice to meet you. So sorry about your little dog, but I am so glad she is ok. My little Chihuahua's are my babies, I like them more than my kids ( they never talk back and they love me all the time) LOL.
Sorry to hear you are feeling so badly. Just wanted to let you know that I know how you feel about loss around the holidays. My father at the young age of 64 committed suicide on Dec. 20, 2009. Five days before Christmas, its heard to be cheerful and put on a happy face for my children. It does seem to get a little better as each year passes. My father was also in a lot of pain for most of his life. So I know how you feel, you are not alone. We just have to remember the good times and be blessed by the family that are with us.
Take care and I wish you happiness during the holidays!
Kasie

dakotaspirit1957 replied to kasie75's response:
Thank you Kasie... It is nice to hear from you and meet you also... Yes it is hard sometimes but I know in time I will find peace... The peace my husband would want me to have... He was a very ill man for a long time and is happy now... I am sure he would not want me to dwell on the pain I feel thinking of his loss... He would want me to celebrate what we shared and what he has now... no pain and his whole body and health back...

I am sure it is hard to think of your father also... And I am sure he would want the same things for you for he would only want your happiness...

Have wonderful holidays... Take care... Keep smiling.. I plan to... Love... Jan/Dakota

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
198 of 215 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.