Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday ****11/16/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC...where it is now 50*...headed though for 60*s...(BIG CHANGE-thank GOD) It is expected to rain a little though off and on all week-end. I had hoped for a nice dry and warm week-end...but then I have to remember that this is November. Can't expect *miracles* all the time, now can we? I did noticed last night that the moon was almost full...so I guess it will be either tonight or tomorrow night. I spoke to my DIL yesterday and I think she is ready to have this baby and get home. She hopes she will be home for Thanksgiving...so I hope that the baby arrives before or after...not that this matters to the baby. I am sure the baby will arrived when it is time.

So much going on around the country, actually around the world...I can only hope that things do improve.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort...there is nothing that works for everyone that I am aware of. We are all different and what works for one may or may not work for you. It does take about 6-8 weeks of whatever you decide to try...so hang in there and try to have hope that soon you will find what works for you.

Vitamin D...again I want to continue to spread the word about just how important Vitamin D is to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Ask your doctor to check it the next time you have to go. You might be quite surprised at the results. I will say this though that it took me a long time (over a year) before I was able to get my level back up to within the normal level. We all should continue to have the doctor to monitor this at least once every year.

Do your own research on Vitamin D to see just how important it might be.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good one for us all. Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine if you have it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more. (something that just might improve the way you feel)

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good morning Mimi and all,

Tired this a.m. I went to my first Bar Mitzvah last night....I NEVER do somethng after work on a Friday. I have learned it is a trigger. Well, I was asked so many times and got a driver there....so I went. I am glad I did, it was a wonderful ceremony and party. BUT I blew it. I changed bags and didn't put my meds in there*** OMG what was I thinking. And I ran out of gas and sat...couldn't even walk to the bathroom well. My legs were so upset.

Then driving home I right away took my pills in the car, but the muscle began..one by one tightening and bothering me. I leaned into the head rest to help unload the neck, but I wished for a hot pak on it. If I had heated seats it may have helped...

Today I must be careful and wait to see the left overs of crossing that line. You see we talk about fear to step out of the box and what will happen....Paying for crossing the line....

I am not too bad as I sit here so it might be a turn around day before I know. Glad I was present for something important like that for my friend. I brought the dinner home as IT WAS TOO MUCH amazing food. They went ALL OUT...

Wish I hadn't sealed my envelope as I would have up'd the gift for sure.

OK, Other news.....I don't see that Mimi has the new GC. Mine is getting Baptized in 3 weeks and the prep is to begin soon. I like making the cookie trays for each table. So I took a week off after Thanksgiving to decorate for the holiday and to bake my hands off with different special cookies.

I am still finding the mental part of working 5 days a week painful.......(yes I have been doing it for months on my own even 6 days) but now being told....crap, I have an attitude in me.

Back to last night....I just have to share the JOY I felt sliding onto the memory foam mattress. If counted blessings it would be 2nd behind my meds.....

OK, I am off to start the day. A HOT shower is calling my muscles..I can hear it......nancy....nancy.......nancy.....

Hope your day turns around for you and a low pain day is waiting. Get in the sun (like a flower), Water yourself...and be sure to have your feet in good soil. (a positive place).

Hugs, Nancy B

fibroinsd responded:
Happy Sat....

A bit of a cool day around here...good for getting some laundry done and a few things to catch up on...

I know we are all looking forward to this GC of yours Mimi ! Hope it all goes well...

nancy..I hear you on the working five days/ week..I am struggling too..and I only work six hours per day..but it is a lot of bending over and my neck is fighting me..

So glad you made it to the Bar Mitzvah Nancy..yes..a big deal and I do hear most are quit the party !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. It is 45 here today, warmer than it has been lately. Unfortunately a front came in in bringing rain. I was slammed with the chills and nasty pain 3 hrs before it got here. I managed to get some things done this morning, but I won't be doing much the rest of the day.

It was so nice to wake up and not have to work today. I get 4 days off now and I need them all. I have one more week of covering shift then hopefully it's quiet for a while. I am one of 4 relief people and we each do a quarter. I get first pick and chose quarter one. This is usually a great time to cover as nobody takes much time off then. Here's hoping.

I have a few things to do around the house that I plan to spread out over the next two days. Tuesday I get a much needed massage. I am one locked up mess. I can't wait.

I hope you are all doing well and pain is low or gone for you. Have a great day!

Cory

booch007 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Good morning,

Coming in on Saturday for Sunday.

BAD NIGHT....probably a mix of everything. I think though I am with you CORY...it started raining last night and with it came a mess of a body. At 2am I was up, mind going but body was so mad at me. I got the heating pad and to the recliner I went......fell asleep like that for the next 3-4 hours. Better now but I must respect myself.

I so many times wish I lived in Florida with my sister where the weather on the west coast is so much better. Not that this would disappear but it would be a bit more tolerable. LIFE is here in NY though and my job is here......maybe someday.

Well, not much happening just need to get a meal on the Sunday table and get the ironing done. Staying SMALL** today. Listening to the body. A party and then baking and putting out the Christmas stuff yesterday did me in. D O N E.

One of the joys I can say in this is I know my tools and I know my body. Listening to it all is pr i c e l e s s.....(only >15 years)
Took me a while to stop fighting so much.

Have a good day all.......hope it isn't raining on you!

Nancy B

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.