Skip to content
Sunday ****11/17/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC and it is going to be a damp day here. I am so ready for more sunshine. We are supposed to have nicer weather this week. Just hope the weather temps going up and down so does not make people sick.

Saturday was vet day for my DD dog. I had called and made an appointment for him and went over with DH to take him. I was glad that we did not have to wait long. He was not too happy to be there. He is 11 years old but a good boy.

We also had some errands to run and got this done. Once I got home though I had no energy left. I did NOT do anything much but still...just going can cause fatigue. There are days when I hate this illness and then other times I just try not to think about it. Nothing much we can do about the way we feel anyway.

Having hot dogs and hamburgers for lunch...this being my DH's choice. But I guess it is a good thing.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure each of you will soon find the right combination of tools which will help you cope better. This does take a trial and error process to find just what works though. We are all different and what helps one may or may not help another.

I was talking to the man in the vitamin store yesterday and he was telling me that taking Curcumin is a good supplement for pain. I have not tried it but I am doing some research about this. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this?

Vitamin D...as always I am including this in my post...as I think it is really important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Enjoy your Sunday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi still on here.

Just had some things to say. My Sunday is on Saturday. (does that make sense)?

Challenging times for me, but I will figure it out. The race in life has sped up and I have to try and keep pace with it. I want this to work so i have to get a thinking cap on. Pretty much still using my brain not my body at work so I am better. Just my stinking attitude of being told to work 5 days....and lost my day off. Breaking my heart.

It is attitude I know as i have been doing it for months, crap so stupid i get passed it. I will keep working on it.

Raining here and 45*, yuck but better then the teens......

OK, off to start the day. Amazing when I read levels of 6 on Vitamin D. Crap I was 12 and how can they not check this all the time. LOVE your mantra!!

Hugs, NanaB

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B. Sorry that you are being *challenged* at this time. I am glad though that you are at least able to use your *brain instead of your body*...there are days when I think my brain and my body do NOT even belong together. (as you probably know I use to use mine also, when I worked-did mostly balancing and reports). I can NOT even imagine how I would do this today-as I have issues with keeping up with when to pay the bills. It took some time for me to figure out what I needed to do on this.

Vitamin D...you know when I first found out about the *vitamin D and just how this might affect people...I was amazed that doctors did NOT take this serious enough to keep tabs on it. I think that more doctors now are paying attention to it, but still there are people who have never had theirs checked. Years ago I made it *my mission* to make sure that I helped to *spread the word about Vitamin D*...and I have being doing this since. IF people decide not to ask their doctor about it, well, it is a person's choice. I know that when I first started posting about it, I am sure that some of the FMers here thought that I had lost my mind (and this might be true also).

I decided that I have to keep on keeping on. I post anywhere and everywhere I have a chance to do so and will continue to do so. I have found that this is one thing that has helped me a lot. If there is only one thing that anyone gets from me posting.....I hope it is about *vitamin D*

I hope you will have a good Sunday and I hope that your work week will continue to improve.

I am still waiting for my GB...was hoping this baby arrives before Thanksgiving.

MiMi

mnjeepguy replied to dollbug's response:
Good morning Mimi, Nancy, and all who follow. It is cold and damp her still this morning. The rain has stopped though so we are going to walk this am. I went to bed fairly late and was woken up by several sirens at 12:45 am. I forgot to turn the heat down before bed so it was blazing upstairs as well. My male Basset had to go out at 6. Usually they can wait until a bit later. I did not sleep very well. I think a nap is in order for this afternoon.

We did figure out the holiday schedule. I was worried we would not make it to my sister's house dinner. Now we are able to go. It is only 25 minutes away so we don't have to drive far. It should be a nice visit and she has a huge house so we won't be cramped.

I had a dispute with the DW over our treadmill. I only use it when it's too cold or wet to go outside. When purchase a few years ago I swore it would be the last one we buy. Well, she sold it to her cousin, a very good guy. Yesterday he came to pick it up so I had to take it apart and help put it in his truck. It was very, very heavy. I think I took a few more years out of my back. Ugh. To replace it I will bring my good bike up and set it up on a trainer like an exercise bike.

Today my pain has dropped slightly overall. I am grateful any time that happens even if I am not doing the best. Improvement is always welcome.

I laughed out loud to Mimi's comment about the body and the brain not belonging together. I feel like this a lot.

I hope you all have a great day. I have to spend some time catching up on the other topics later. Take care everyone.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory.....sorry that you are not feeling better. I hope today a nap will help you. I know that for me taking a nap is not a good thing to get into a habit of doing....but sometimes it is a must.

Yes, there are many days when I think that my mind and my body do not even belong together. I can sometimes think of all kinds of things that I need to do...but the body refuses to go along with what the mind thinks. And then there are days when I can function on some things but the mind refuses to get its act together. This is NOT a good thing for me to deal with.

When I worked I did *mind things*....reports, balancing, disbursing millions of dollars each month and making sure it all balanced and was correct. OMG...I look back and don't know how in the world I did it. I know it is a good thing that I am not working now. I am sure that I would get FIRED. And I don't think I would like this at all...since I have never been there.

My son got a treadmill a few weeks ago and we went down and my DH put it together for him. I thought it would be a short trip. (NOT)....it took him a long time to get it together...and this was the last thing on our list to do. Not exactly as we had planned. I think he uses it every day though. He is trying to get himself in better shape. He works a lot of hours and does not have the time to exercise like he should so this is a good thing for him.

I do hope you can spend holiday time with family. This is what life is all about....spending and sharing time with family. I am hoping that the new little one is here by then. *not that I can make it happen*....I can only hope.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

MiMi

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.