Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
cant find doctor in southeastern ct
goblen posted:
Hi i have fibromyalgia and am seeing a dr that is not doing enough to help me and i cant find any other dr. i am on medicaid so i have to have a dr that is on their list. the one dr that i found is not taking any more patients. i was recently in the hospital because of my asthma and the dr that was treating me told me that i needed to find someone who would be much more aggressive in my treatment.i am at the end of my rope.can anyone help. i am in southeastern CT>

dollbug responded:
Hello goblen and welcome...WebMD does not allow users to provide doctors' names and other info about them to anyone. This is in the *guidelines*.

I would encourage you though to go to the NFA which you will find under *resources* and I think you can insert your location and it will give you the doctors who are in or close to your area. Another idea would be to call the nearest medical hospital and ask them if they can help you. (if you are close to a hospital that trains medical students)

I would also encourage you to review the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox* as well....as this will probably provide some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of trying.

I would also like to know if you have gotten your Vitamin D level checked. This is really important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. It is a simple blood test BUT you must ASK the doctor to include it since it is not included in the normal blood work that the doctors do.

Learning all you can about FM and how to cope better with it will help you find *tools* that just might make a world of difference in the way you feel. This does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort. We are all different and what works for one may or may not work for you. You have to decide IF what you are doing is helping you.

I am one of the FMers here who has learned how to *control my FM pain* by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well. It took me a long time to find the *right combination of tools* that made a difference for me...but I eventually found what works.

Hang in here with us and I am sure soon you will find something that will help you cope as well.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.