Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bad Stomach Pains
An_248463 posted:
Stomach seems to go non-stop. Feeling tightness and knots. It's really bad when I'm upset. Sometimes it really burns. Is theis something else associated with fibro?

This didn't just start, but it is starting worry me lately because of how bad it's been. Saying dumb things all the time. Not remembering a darned thing. Being called a liar just doesn't help either.

Is there something that I can do?

Anon_10089 responded:
Hello-

Many people with FM also have IBS, which to me is like the FM of the digestive tract because there is no clear solution and it's different for everyone.

Of course, if you can, you should rule other things out with your doctor. We can tend to blame everything on the FM and miss out on other things that could have a solution.

You could also keep a food diary and identify triggers. Common culprits are dairy, wheat, artificial sweeteners/foods.

I'm not an expert, but it sounds like at least some of your stomach troubles may be caused or worsened by anxiety. It sounds like you're in a bad cycle of worrying about your stomach, which makes you tighten it up, which causes it to worsen, which makes you worry more. And you allude to outside pressure from a person. That sounds like something you can't control.

Of course, there is no quick fix or magic bullet. Perhaps if you can take a few minutes or even a half hour for yourself and walk that can help. Don't worry about it being "exercise". Just walk, look at trees, look at the sky. Walking can help digestion, release endorphines, and ease tension.

I'm not sure if you're on meds. At low points in my life, a good antidepressant has sure helped me. They can't change anything about our lives other than giving us a little more control in coping with our issues. Plus, some of them also relieve pain.

I can tell by some of your other posts that you feel desperate right now. Can you take a first step and get to a doctor? There is great advice here on how to handle that appointment. Or if you can't go to a doctor, there is plenty of advice here on some things you can do for yourself with over the counter meds/vitamins.

Even if you don't get quick responses to your questions, you can always go back and read previous discussions. This board is full of great advice.

franr responded:
Hi An

There are many different reason for stomach pain. Just how long has this been going on? So many symptoms are related to fibro and some are not. But you need to go see a good Gastroentrologist soon so you can be properly diagnosed. Do you have nausea or vomiting with it. Also does this pain radiate anywhere.It could be anxiety or something totally different. But when in doubt xope it out. Please let us know about your progress. Fran R

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.