Skip to content
Hump Day ****11/20/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily...MiMi in NC where it is 39*...a cool fall day morning but at least the sun is bright and shining. I think we are going to have some cool days and then hopefully a nice week-end with warmer weather.

I hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us, with little to no pain. I know that I have had a rough couple of nights this week. I did rest better last night but I am still tired this morning.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that you will learn a lot about what some people have found that has helped them cope better. I do hope each of you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as you will find some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of trying. Dealing with the wrath of the dragon is a challenging process each and every day for most people. It does get better once you have found the *right combination of tools* which help you cope better. This does take a trial and error process though to figure out what might work for you. We are all different and what works for one may or may not work for another.

I have noticed that this site has been really slow recently. I hope this means that people are out and about getting ready for the holiday.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

bette_kaffitz responded:
Brr,

It was down to 13 again this morning. As you said, MiMi, the last for a few days. Unfortunately, it will be showering (but thank goodness not snowing) when I pick up our younger son in Rochester on Friday. Gosh I just love driving on city interstates and having my windshield perpetually splashed by other vehicles.

Tomorrow DH and I will start the day by going upstairs and stripping the beds for DS AND the 2 hunters who will be arriving Friday night. They are boyhood friends of DH, but they have the all consideration of slugs. They would have showed up on our doorstep with no warning at all if DH hadn't called to see if they were coming. I don't know about you, but I would not dream of driving 300 miles to visit someone without calling to see that they would be home. And for these oafs, I get up and fix breakfast so they can be in the woods before sunrise!

Went to visit our older son's girlfriend today. Gosh I like that young lady. She has made her apartment into a home for her daughter and her--and done it on finds from the Salvation Army store. One thing for sure--she won't be the kind to squander our son's hard earned paycheck. She appreciates all the little things he does for her. It is a joy to see them each trying to do little thoughtful things for each other.

It will be interesting to see what effect the inclusion of her 16 year old son (who wanted to finish his semester at his old school and stayed with relatives) will be on this happy mix. Some kids are so great, and some of them can be nothing but trouble. Time will tell.

Anything new on the grandbaby front? I still maintain that dear child will emerge just in time to postpone your Thanksgiving dinner. (My sister did that to my 3rd birthday. It would have been my only birthday party to date. I know whereof I speak.)

Now START TAMING THAT DRAGON!

Bette

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Wednesday or what is left of it!
I had a good day today. I am feeling so much better. We are having beautiful weather here in north west Florida. The high was in the upper 60's. Perfect for walking outside. It is suppose to rain this weekend and probally turn cooler.
Mimi - I see that the grandbaby still has not made the grand entrance yet. I bet you are going crazy with excitement. Do you know if it is a girl or a boy yet?
Betty - it sure sounds like you are going to have your hands full. I hope all these guys will appreciate what you are doing for them. Please pace yourself. It would not hurt to the guys to fix their own breakfast and to clean up afterwards. But I just typed that I realized that it probally will not happen. I am lucky that all the men in my famiy can cook. Not all of them know how to clean up afterwards. And they sure can make a big mess. I wonder how anyone could get that much grease all over everything just to fry a egg! I will pray things will not be bad for you and that you can actually enjoy their visit.

I hope everyone has a peaceful night. Soft hugs to all.\

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

mnjeepguy responded:
I hope you all had a good day. It was my first day back after four days off. The break was nice and I did rest up a bit. My day was longer than planned but the work today was not too bad, a decent way to get back into it.

I was a little sore from my massage yesterday but the overall benefits were good. My right hip and low back problem I have had for several months is a lot better. It's so nice to get them again.

We are starting to collect things to add on the bathroom. We remodeled it 2 years ago and do not have a tub. It had one in there but was very cramped so we put I in a nice corner shower. We miss having a tub so we are going to add on to accommodate a new doorway and deep soaking tub. It will be a lot of work but It will be so nice to have one again.

Mimi, I hope you get some good rest.

Bette, I think I tamed it pretty well today. I hope you did too.

To everyone, take care and have a good night.

Cory

allybigcat replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Lol, I have put up my Xmas decorations! Whew, it sure tired me out. Fibro is like that...a small task would tire us out. But I sure had fun!

It's cold here in western mass, but very sunny and bright, which helps a great deal.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.