Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****11/21/2013 ****a week until Thanksgiving*
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily...MiMi in NC...where it is a cool fall morning today. The temps will be better tomorrow as they will hit the 60's again. Showers though are expected tomorrow as well. We have had several *cold spells* this all but over all it has been ok. I am not ready for winter though. I have already gotten cold and the lowest temps have been in the low 20's. It seems like when my feet are cold, then I am cold all over the rest of my body.

So far, no GB yet. We are still waiting. My DD seemed to think the baby might be born today 21st...since their first baby was born on the 21st. My DIL is still working as she is a part time pre school teacher. I figure we just might have a little *turkey baby*. We were hoping though that the baby would be born before TG and they would both be back home. We do not have a choice though in the matter. I just continue to hope and pray that all goes well and the baby is ok. So excited to meet this little one.

I was up again this early morning around 3. I just read that sleep affects our overall health and that it is important for both men and women to get enough sleep. My DH is not in this group of people though. 2 days this week he worked 20 hours. OMG. I can not even believe this. It seems that the company has *cut back* and now this is what happens when something happens out of the normal. I wondered just what would take place and it seems like the company has relied on the other people to take up the slack. He did get a break yesterday and now he starts this again for today and tomorrow. I can only hope that he survives this.
As some of you might guess I have not been *happy* about this. This is how companies take advantage of those who are dedicated to their work. (and oh, because he is in management, he gets no extra pay for what he does)

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group as I am sure you will find some good information here on ways to cope better that you can try. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort so hang in there and keep on keeping on until you find the right combination of *tools* which actually make a difference in how you feel.

Vitamin D. Again I have to include this bit of *my favorite thing* which seems to affect a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Be sure to talk to your doctor about the Vitamin D level test.\

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
a late afternoon check-in Mimi...I cannot believe there hasn't been another here..

A cool and rainy day..unusual for us..a nice change actually.

I am sorry about your DH's job situation. It sure seems like companies can do whatever they want these days and there is no appreciation for good workers..

We sure hope you DD is doing ok...looking forward to news of the baby.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.