Skip to content
It's that time of Year
franr posted:
Hi All
Yes it is that time of year when we are constantly on the move and now the fibro kicks in big time..The aches and pains increase and insomnia tries to kick in. I guess over the last few days as most of us I tried to do too much.Shopping cooking,and decorating the house. Cleaning and washing. Cards and wrapping.I try to take Mim's advice and pace but I still push with my type A personality and then suffer for it. Well I hope everyone has a painfree Happy Thanksgiving.

Fran R

dollbug responded:
Hello Fran....I think we all cross our line. I actually think that regardless of how hard we try that at one time or another, we do too much. Most of the time I know when I should STOP and I continue....just trying to do one more thing until I quit. And I do think that this is what has caused some of us to have to deal with the wrath of the dragon every day. It stinks, I know that. To think that I use to work a full time job and a part time job as well. I raised our children and did all sorts of other activities when they were in school. This makes me TIRED now just to think about it.

As I have said before....there are times when I do not think my mind belongs to my body.

Take care and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
my hands don't like typing and erased the whole thing... lol... like I have nothing to do lol...

I had said you are not alone FM is kicking big time here too... I am not even done... Wanted to make cookies and settled for a couple of pies I have yet to put my body to the task to make... I have to wait for my check to arrive... luckily it will before Thursday... lol... Then... Before I am broke with Christmas I must gather spices for pies... lol... Then I have to make a variety for out of 7 people there is no favorite... If I had freezer room I would make my Christmas pies too... But our stand up freezer died... So we only have the small fridge one... Not cool...

Might have to make a cake for the non-pie lovers... I am hoping for just a small no more family holiday... They aren't the friendliest people so I don't think anyone will join but you never know... free food and all... lol....

I just want a quiet day where I can hurt if I do and not have to hide it... With just my daughter and her family I don't... And if I have to use my chair to cook I can... and if I have to ask for help there is no embarrassment... With others who I don't get along with there are problems...

oh well... life will go on no matter what won't it lol...

It is snowing today... It is beautiful... I love snow... But haven't seen it for years... I hate to see my daughter out there driving in it but I love to see it fall... I just love it.. Cold and all... Pain and whatever...

Well... my hands are screaming... It is time to see how the football game I am keeping track of is doing... Kids are over so they are watching cartoons... lol... gotta give a little sometimes... lol... so I will keep up on the scores till the cowboys play at 2 on the computer... Then it is my turn on the tv lol...

take care and have a lovely day... love... jan/dakota

booch007 responded:
Fran,

You are so right. I am already dealing with a tossing of chores to do. I held our new baby last night and it has affected me big time. I forgot about that dead weight of 14lbs and the stress it brings.......

So I am trying to figure out the wrapping first? Decorate the tree and then wrap?....how many decorations to put out. Is it ALL or Nothing but the tree....

It is tough stuff. I think it will get my head if the house looks different, if the MAGIC doesn't come as it always has. I have so little time now and it may be a bargaining on my part. NO ONE CARES about all this but me.
I need to get in my head and figure it out. Thinking WHO can I pay to help me????? So many things. Awake since 530 and laying in bed thinking of what to do. HURTING so it is guiding me to do little. Now I am up and took my meds, so we will see who I turn into!

Have a safe time in making your plans and pacing the efforts needed to have the up cpming holidays. The tree is a must...
Seeing that in the night gives you the warm and fuzzy feelings. The rest is "I am not so sure".

Be safe. Nancy B

meg_k replied to booch007's response:
Thank, everyone for bringing up this topic. Totally with you all about the difficulties of pacing this time of yr. I myself served Thanksgiving dinner for 10 last night. Came down w a migraine in the middle but rested w my heating pad, took some xtra Neurontin (shhh !) and in the end could not avoid NSAID but finally felt better. Everything actually turned out great and we had lots of fun.

Was trying to explain to DH why so impt to me to have all these traditions continue in spite of illness. For me it has some to do w not letting go of societal expectations of women. I know my MIL will think less of me if I can't turn out a beautiful Thxgiv dinner, for example. I feel it's expected of me and I will "fail" as a wife/mom if I don't. It's hard to let go of that. We are all works in progress.

An_254533 responded:
I made one dish to bring to a potluck for Thanksgiving. Granted, there was a lot of cutting (Yuca root, which is pretty hard to cut) and standing over the stove stirring, but it should have been manageable. I was in bad pain the rest of the day and had a difficult time enjoying the festivities.
Now my husband wants us to have a party at our house sometime around Christmas. I told him I didn't think I could manage it and now he's mad at me.
It's easy to say to not try to take on too much over the holidays, but how do you do it when you can't even get support from your loved ones?

bette_kaffitz replied to dollbug's response:
Hi,

Sorry you all had to tame some extra-nasty dragons for Thanksgiving. Me too. I got everything on the table, fixed myself a small plate, and just couldn't sit up and eat.

Those wonderful kids. They just told the younger generation to use their inside voices, enjoyed the meal I cooked, cleared the table (rinsed all the dishes so well they looked washed), loaded the dishwasher, brought me in a small sample of apple AND pumpkin pies, and thanked me for the dinner. I love my sons. And I think I could grow to love my maybe-someday-daughter-in-law.

The first wave of hunters went home on Tuesday. About an hour ago, THEIR sons called to say they were just crossing into PA on the way here. (Notice I did NOT mention any calls asking if it was all right to come. There weren't any.)

The fibro gave me a sleepless night, so I finally got up around 5 a.m. and started the turkey soup. Gosh I love the rich aromas that concoction spreads through the house. I think all of us will enjoy our supper of soup, salad, and the crispy Italian bread my boys just brought back from town. This is just about THE perfect meal for a cold winter's night. (I know the season won't officially change for another 3 weeks, but it's 15 degrees out, there's snow on the ground, and Thanksgiving is just a memory.)

DH just came in to tell me how much he enjoyed our dinner last night and how great the soup smells. (I told you he's a keeper.) He had to brush another half inch of snow from the Hughesnet satelite again--and without me asking this time!

Another interruption. Our elder son just bopped in to say that his GF will be going back home, and she and the children will not be here for supper. That's a shame. They are a lovely family. But it's what will work best for them.

And, of course, we'll have our super-considerate hunters.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, slept well that night and will have a repeat performance tonight, and have a noticeable lack of PAIN visiting you this evening and throughout the rest of this weekend.

Bette

booch007 replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
OH BETTE..sounds like a Norman Rockwell painting there where you are!

Soup and hunters and apple pie. I picture the house as a farmhouse with many rooms and big banister. I can smell the onions in the soup adding to the aroma in the kitchen.

I see it!

YUM.....I am seeing more an more that this is a MIND thing. My body will not move again so I need to travel and be busy with my mind. Thanks, I travelled to your house this morning!

Nancy B

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.