Skip to content
Monday, Monday *****11/25/2013 *****COLD weather in NC *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC. The said it would get COLD and it has. It is only 28* right now...wind chill factor makes it seem even colder. They say it will be around mid 40's though for Thanksgiving Day. I am glad for this. Rain is expected tomorrow and Wednesday as well. Not a good thing about this.

I do hope each of you had a good week-end and I hope today will be a good day for us all as well, with little to no pain. Lots to do with this being the holiday week. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more, if this is possible. I know just how hard this is though dealing with the dragon....Nana B says we have to learn to dance with the dragon instead of draggin the dragon....but I think we all know this is easier said than done.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Learn all you can about what others have found that has made a difference for them. Try things that you have not tried before and find out if any of them help you.

I hope the new members will check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and review the *member toolbox* for some good info on *tools* that just might help. You never know what just might work for you, normally though it takes a combination of things which can do this.

I do the vitamins and supplements as well as other things that has allowed me to learn how to *control my FM pain*....for the chronic fatigue I have found nothing that has made a difference yet. The doctors have told me that there is nothing that will improve this, that once a person has it, there is nothing to make it better. I continue to try different things though in hopes of finding something that might work for me. The doctors also said they could NOT find anything which was causing my lower back pain as well. P5P did though....so this is just one example of doctors not having all of the answers for us FMers.

Vitamin D. Be sure and ask your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked which is important to a lot of people these days. Do your own research about this. You might be quite interested in learning just how important Vitamin D can be.

We are still waiting on the new GB to arrive. I think my little GS is getting anxious about the baby getting here also. He said he hoped the baby will be born Monday...(perhaps he will be right)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Monday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more....and drink plenty of *water*. Your body will thank you for doing this.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
Morning Mimi and all

Ah so nice this morning....I didn't have to get up for work and just slept in until 7:30...felt great..

It is cool here..but nothing like the rest of the country..so I will enjoy...They say we might get rain on Friday and Sat..so we are trying to get our outdoor things done now..and indoor things done on Friday and Sat.

It is good to have a week off work..hopefully I will get organized and get some things done and not waste all the time...although I am starting off with a lot of time wasting stuff !
Hope you all have a great day.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

booch007 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Good Evening,

Can't believe I am on here at night. I had to do some bills and thought to change my car insurance papers on line....but that didn't work.
Now looking for distraction from a heavy and hard day.

This new hat is a challenging one. Everyone finds you, hands you their problems and I with a smile am supposed to fix it.

P.S: My B/P is up and I just took my med early for it. The stress at the near end of the day was a bit tough. My physical state is doing better with the desk job mode, but i think in the end the stress part of this is going to make me sick. .

CEO is coming to talk to me in the morning. I am giving a class first to the MA's and then I will fill* his ear. I know life is not perfect and you can't fix all the problems, but I am a type that if you give it to me.....I am going to try and figure it out.

So, good weekend that past, I got the baking for the deli done and paced 2 days to do it. Then hot pak and meds for a seamless...(Oh a shower was in there to really moisten the muscles) and I did well. Only made 8 Ricotta Pies for the store and a double recipe of the cranberrybiscotti's for us on Thanksgiving. Theerw as a time I couldn't bake, no way......but better now. Hope to keep it that way.

I am only cooking Christmas day for my son's and family. Quiet for me. But I will put up the tree and decorate some, for the grands! I have to make the magic for the grands**.

OK, that about does it. DH is snoring on the couch here.....he was in the dark when I got home from work. SO I KNOW HE IS TIRED. He has less time than I do to rest. Good for him. So I have to make dinner.

Hugs to all. Hope time is on your side and you are faring well. If not, please get out those boxing gloves nd punch this thing right in the nose. Take nothing more fom him, we have had enough.
I so hope they figure out how we all fell apart. I feel like a rag doll sometimes. HUgs to all, Nancy B

missist replied to booch007's response:
Evening folks.. It is too cold here too--and I am flared all up-- up and down my spine. Got a nasty headache going too. 19 degrees when I woke up--that's nuts! Sad to hear my daughter starting to sound like she may have fibro too. I could hear myself at her age--'I feel so old', 'my neck is all tight and all my muscles hurt, there's no heat in my car!' oh gosh. I sure don't wish this on her.

So I'm up trying to pack up hubby and got zip done today. Spent a lot of time trying to find a 24 month sz snow suit for a reasonable price. finally got that.

On the good side--had a Sunday night without a seizure! Even with the Packer game ending in a tie. (I have a theory that Packer games with the family all yelling at the TV are a seizure trigger for me) Anyhow-- I did wear ear plugs during the game--but maybe the new RX is working? could be.

Hope everyone warms up tonight and rests well.
Mary

missist replied to missist's response:
LOL.. just realized Cory must be a Viking fan--you guys can't have liked that game either.

bette_kaffitz responded:
Good Evening to All,

Yippee! The hunters left right after supper. They wanted to get home before the snow descends on us tomorrow. I don't know why I resent these people so much. I enjoy being with them when we are visiting family back in NJ, but I just cringe at the thought of them being here. It's like they are invading my space. How stupid.

Our younger DS is with us until we take him back to his group home on Saturday. What a joy to have him around. And how wonderful it is that the shock treatments he had during his last (and I sincerely hope it IS the last) hospitalization have helped him be a little closer to what passes for normal.

Our older son is in "wait and see" mode with his GF's 16 year old son coming to live with her. The poor, misguided child seems to think that people get PAID to work on our farm. DS told the kid that if he could afford to pay help, he wouldn't be driving a 15 year old truck. Maybe that will sink in. And maybe not.

DH has been busy bringing our beef cattle hay and corn every day. That's the only way to keep them inside the fence--although we have one red bull who thinks he belongs to out neighbors. Let's just pray that he doesn't cause an accident while he's jumping the fence, crossing the road, and ambling into their side yard. The neighbors--God bless them--like having the wandering bovine come visiting.

Went to the chiropractor this morning. He focused on the neck and shoulders. I think that it has made a difference in the whole upper body. It's amazing what a good chiro can do for us. I'm counting the days (21) until my RF Ablation. The receptionist at the pain clinic hasn't gotten back with any other appointments I have to make before then. I'm sure there has to be blood and urine work, a clearance by my primary, and some questions with the anesthesist. I'll call tomorrow.

And now to that blissfully private--again--bathroom for my evening soak. Remember to do YOUR warm bath or shower every morning and evening. The morning version will get you and your hair ready for work, but the evening one truly helps with sleep. (You warm your body; then, as it cools, it settles into sleep. Ask a sleep expert!)

Sweet dreams to all.

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was pleasantly warmer here today. It was in the upper 30's. I know that's not warm but it's a big improvement. I hope it holds out for a few days.

My 9 year old male Basset went with a friend to her vet school today. They were going to clean his teeth and give him an exam for training. He is amazing with people and very sweet. They checked his vitals and found a serious heart murmur, (this can be a sign of heart disease). They didn't dare put him under. He went to our vet 2 years ago and found in great shape. We are calling them tomorrow. He is still himself, sometimes playful for an older guy, and trots around happily as he always has. I hope he sticks around for a bit, he is an amazing dog.

I was also blessed with a summons for jury duty for the next 4 months. This is not a great time for it but I suppose there never is. I have to give them my appointments and any other info I can and submit it right away.

I am doing alright today, busy after work, but had a good day despite the above.

Mimi, I hope the baby is here soon.

Cece, enjoy the week off.

Nancy B, I punched him in the nose a few minutes ago, I hurt my hand. I didn't put my gloves on first. I think I will go to bed before he hits me back.

Mary, I am not a sports fan at all. I watch a game with friends or family on occasion, for the gathering not the game. I didn't see a minute of it but I hear it was worth a watch. It was a great time to shop, nobody was out.

I do hope you all are feeling good and get a good nights sleep. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.