Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday ****11/26/2013****Cold with freezing rain ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is COLD with freezing rain. Schools have been delayed for 2 hours. Nasty weather and it is expected to be here for a couple of days. Black Friday will not be a good day to shop at this rate. I hope it clears up before then.

DH and I did most of our shopping yesterday. We had gotten a nice gift for our son and his wife a couple of weeks ago....and then I saw that it was on sale somewhere else so I went back in and was quite surprised when I was given the difference. They first said no that they could not do this as it had been over 7 days. I told them that I would just return the gift to them and get my money back. Well, that changed their mind I guess. I ended up saving almost $200 and did not have to do anything. I was happy about this since $200 can go a long way on things that my GC need. One of them also has a birthday in January.

We also had to pick up a few other things for Thanksgiving as well. No deep die pie shells left so I have to go back to another grocery store today to get them. Gotta have pumpkins pies.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for everyone, with little to no pain. I hope the dragon is hibernating for the winter months. (I am wishing) I keep thinking that I am going to get rid of it when I get to some sort of *magic age*....anything is possible, right?

As we all get ready for Thanksgiving this week, remember to be careful and pace all you can....I know just how hard this is especially if you are the one having to do a lot of cooking and cleaning. But this is also important for our bodies and our minds as well though.

Not knowing when our GB will be arriving has made it tough. I have a turkey though and am planning to start today cooking so I can only hope that the baby will either arrive before Thanksgiving or wait until it is over. I hope that the born does not decide to arrive on Thanksgiving Day. But I had said we just might have a *little turkey* this time.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Hang in here with us and ask questions. We have a good group of FMers here who will offer lots of good information on how they have learned how to cope better. There is nothing easy though about dealing with the wrath of the dragon though....everything seems to be a process that you have to go through to find what works for you.

Check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox*....where you will find some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of trying. You never know what just might make a difference in the way you feel.

Vitamin D....again I have to include this *important tip* for everyone. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Be sure and speak to your doctor about this.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Tuesday and try to stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hi Mimi and all, Happy Tuesday. I'm also in NC until tomorrow--when i go back home to SC. It is truly crazy cold here. I think we had sleet last night but I didn't see it.

I'm helping hubby pack stuff and clean. I've been so messed up by this cold though that I'm not going to some of the heavier things--like clean carpet/floors. He says just pack stuff & clean the fridge/kitchen & he will do the rest.

Been working a while now--and pacing. Do a bit, stop, do a bit, stop. I was thinking it was discouraging how slow I am--but now I see it is not even 10 and I have emptied and packed a book case & a big dresser done some laundry, have bottom of fridge soaking and stove top. So-- hey-- that's really not so bad for an 85 y/o. (although I'm technically turning 55 next month) Doin' what I can do. So glad he can pick up my slack. Up until this move the clean up has always always been entirely my job-- aint happening this time.

Thank ful for the help. Mary

dollbug replied to missist's response:
Hello Mary....yep it is COLD here and raining. Several days ago I washed my DH's jump suit and put it on the deck to dry....OMG I forgot to get it in before the rain started. They were stiff as a board. When DH went out to feed the Big Boy this morning I spotted them. Had to put them back into the wash now. I guess I will just hang them up inside the house this time. They had ice on them.

I can not even imagine trying to pack up and clean as well. You are a brave person. I sure hope you do remember to pace all day or as long as you work at doing this. Good luck with this chore.

My little furbabies did not even want to go outside this early morning. I opened the door and they looked and backed away from the door. I guess they thought they could wait a while, probably in hopes that next time the rain would not be there. Nope, that didn't happen either. I hate that they have to go out in the rain. I have thought about getting a cover to put on the side but that has not happened yet. My little female dog has to *find the perfect little spot* to do her business....she is so very funny to watch. Well, this morning it did not take her long at all, actually she did not go very far and decided it was get it done and back in the house. I had to dry them off once they came back in.

I hope things go ok for you today. Be careful driving back as I think parts of NC will be still having rain tomorrow. They had called for some sleet and possible snow flakes in some places. I am NOT ready for wintertime.

Take care.

MiMi

rosielou replied to dollbug's response:
Hi Mimi,

I had a message that you'd responded on Facebook, but Clockwork Healthcare had pulled it by the time I got there. Whatever we did must have annoyed them quite a bit, they don't have Comments open at all on their Facebook page. Dave from the Pain Management Community had also written something.

Anyway, their posts are gone from here and Pain Management, but are still on a lot of other boards.

I'm starting my Thanksgiving cooking today, pies, stuffing, veggies, and salad. My husband is on call around the clock and we don't always know when he'll be here, so I prep a lot ahead. Then I only need a few hours notice to get it on the table.

RL

dollbug replied to rosielou's response:
Hello rosielou...thanks for letting me know...I guess our comments worked. I find it interesting that they think it is ok to do whatever they want to do, whether it is within the regulations or not. Perhaps they should have read what they agreed to do first.

Quite honestly I am quite surprised at just how much people can get by with doing on the internet. I do post to quite a few sites but I do try to follow the guidelines. I don't think many of my comments have been deleted that I am aware of but I do know that I had offended some people by what I post, which is only my personal opinion.

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and try to remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

Take care.

MiMi

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was freezing here today. I woke with a dusting of snow and single digits with a strong wind. It wasn't the most desirable way to start the day. One at work it was warm inside and I did not have to bear the cold until I went home.

I am not feeling well at all today. I made a few steps forward with my pain level yesterday and woke up a big jump back. I slept terribly last night, probably a major contributor. It is hard to know what to do next on days like these. I was thankful for a decent work day, it was quiet and I could work at my own pace. Day by day...

The DW has an appointment set up to check the health of my Buster Brown. I am hopeful that he has a few good years left. We will see what the vet says next Friday.

On the bright side tomorrow is my last day until Monday. Hopefully it's enough recovery time to make it through the next round.

Mimi, $200 is a nice return. It's worth the effort to save your hard earned money.

Mary, glad your pacing yourself, smart!

I hope you all have a good night. Take care everyone.

Cory

kasie75 responded:
Hi Mimi,

It is not to bad here in Kansas, chilly in 40's but no freezing rain! yuck! I bet you are so excited about your GB! Hope all goes well. Yesterday I did way to much, had to get up early for class which is never easy for me then I was actually feeling decent so I started cleaning due to family coming tomorrow and of course I am not even done and I worked all day then went shopping for Thanksgiving, by the time I picked my daughter up from cheer I looked about as bad as I felt. I went to bed and was out, of course I over did it and I am paying for it today. When I do feel decent I get so excited and what to do what I use to do like maybe I am healed or something.

Oh wanted to tell you something kinda funny in my mind anyway. Until I got on this board I really did not know about Fibro brain fog. So since my symptoms came about two years ago my doctor said I had adult ADD and I have been on three different ADD meds, which none worked so I have stopped taking them because I do not have ADD! I just think its funny that he has never mention fibro fog and I wonder how much her really knows about fibro.

Have a great Thanksgiving! I need to try to get my butt up and get busy so I need no fatigue or pain for at least today and tomorrow!!! Same for you!!!

Hope your weather improves!

Kasie

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.