Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Weather
An_254518 posted:
I just read the study about weather doesn't affect fibromyalgia pain . Hah! I live in freaking Florida . It was windy all day as a cold front moves in. It will be sixty tomorrow instead of 80. And honestly my pain level was almost zero. I just itched for two days and wanted to crawl out of my skin. I have lived with this for 25 years and feel very frustrated with these studies and tender points. It just seems like no one gets it. So sleeping wrong is the underlying issue? Why would I want to sleep? I wake up feeling like I have been beaten with a bat or run all night long. Yes the pain stinks but really it is the easy part. Is it me? Do I not have fibromyalgia? I experience what reeks like a sort of mild muscle contractions that is followed by exhaustion and pain. Sometimes I feel like I should not be driving and I know others are wondering why I don't get the conversation. I hate to be a bummer today of all days but I just don't see where very much I read about fibromyalgia has anything to do with what I am living with. I don't know that I ever had eleven of the eighteen tender points at one time yet I was totally and permanently disabled at thirty. Within five years I did get back to work. But I just feel like I go from doctor to doctor that think I am seeking pain meds. I just want to work until I can retire. My ex husband was in a car wreck and the attorney suggested to him that he needed to have fibromyalgia as a result. Is that why the people who really have it are discounted? Sorry for complaining so much. Just very frustrated. Anyway Happy Turkey Day

mnjeepguy responded:
I am in a similar boat. I was tested for tender points without her saying so. I felt them all but they did not hurt terribly. Here I am today, dealing with this. I have serious fatigue, brain fog, joint pain every day, and the beat down feeling all the time, yet a clean bill of health on paper. I don't even get colds. They don't know, if they don't have it and we don't wish it on anyone. The weather is a HUGE factor for me.

booch007 responded:
Good Black Friday.....

I remember when I first joined here and saw so many people from so many places....and realized that we are not safe anywhere. I laughed about us all going to Florida for the sun and heat (and the penninsula falling into the ocean because there were so many of us) But found as we talked that you hurt there too.

Weather is a definite for so many of us. Feel like I can be a barometer of pressure changes. I broke my pinky toe when I was young and it is still a "throbber" when a storm comes.

Don't you feel you really can't listen to all you read. I bet the writer is not wearing our shoes! That is the other pet peeve. With dr Pelligrino here he HAD the disease and could relate to so much.

Well just want you to know I too have weather issues.

Hugs, Nancy B

meg_k replied to booch007's response:
I agree weather does play a role. With pain or other symptoms. We are the real experts.

franr responded:
Hi

On Wed we had severe weather here in Boston warm temps,but severe rain and winds. I had such pain it even hurt to get into bed. The weather is a factor with fibro patients.Usually if the weather is damp and raining,very cold or humid my fibo acts up. There is something in the atmosphere that affects people with fibro or arthritic conditions.I hope ereyone enjoyed the holiday! Fran R

fibroinsd responded:
oh yea...weather does have an effect on us..but I think what helps me most..is when it is cool enough that I have the electric blanket on at night..and that warm heat warms up the body..

Reminds me..I should be getting out the heating pad again.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.