Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Happy 2013 Thanksgiving ******11/28/2013
dollbug posted:
Happy Thanksgiving FMily. MiMi in NC and I hope each of you will have a good day today, spending time with family and friends and be thankful for all of the blessings that you have received this year. I know that I am. I also know that even though my family has been through a lot that things could have been so much worse. I am thankful that we have muddled our way through on the things which were put in our life that we did not expect. I am thankful that GOD has blessed our family in so many ways. I am truly thankful for my friends here as well, whom I know understand what we all face each day with trying to cope with the wrath of the dragon.

I am thankful for all of the little things that sometimes we tend to forgot, such as our food and shelter, as there are some who do not have this. I hope that those who can will reach out and pass it forward during the season of giving. We can all pray for those in need and perhaps be a friend to someone who truly needs one.

May today be a good day for us all. May all of us have a wonderful holiday season and remember why we take this time to celebrate it.

Happy Thanksgiving.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good morning Fmily,

A joyful and low pain Thanksgiving for all. As I age I seem to look at all the little things I am thankful for. Maybe our problem has just slowed me down (to a stop at one point lol).....But if life so much fuller when you look at what you have and not what you miss or don't have. :0. It's working for me.

I have to share a brief moment from last night that was EXTREME JOY.

Ha! You are all gonna wet your pants! I did a scratch off for life and I really read as though i won.......I was in a painfree joyous state....so much rushing through my head...and I called my husband at work and said "lean on the counter....I won a win for life! Minimum pay out is 1,500,000.00. It is a real ticket.
Well my son just calmly said "Mom...sign the back right now and text me a picture of it. C R A P...the symbol above the statement has to be a pile of money!....I had a necklace....

So even though the joy was taken and all within 15 minutes of time. The chemistry of feeling that* good.....lasted for about an hour and then became a giggle and a laugh as I said. YUP I coulda had it.!

What I am going to do with it? I am framing it and putting it by my desk at work. To remind me of that moment when all the worries disappeared in my mind! Ha!

Too much right??? I am SO stupid. I read it over and over and still thought it was right on. B U T truth is no way.

Have a great day today. Hope your weather is being kind. we are 29*....Brrr. A little snow shower before, but sun is out.
Off to Connecticut for the day.

Blessings to all, Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B...Thanks for sharing...as with anything and everything we have to read all of the *little fine print*...which can make a HUGE difference in the outcome of many things, not only this. Well, at least you won a necklace. And I think we all know that a person can NOT win IF they do NOT play. So maybe next time...we all have to hold on to *hope*...not though that I think *money* would help some things. We, FMers, would still have to wake up every morning with that darn *wrath of the dragon* tugging on us. So regardless, money would NOT help us in this way. It would be nice though to win enough to live off of and never have to worry about paying bills again.

No, you were not stupid. And at least you had a *few minutes of thinking you had won*. I am sure that is a good feeling, no matter that it only lasted for a while.

Thanks for sharing.

Happy Thanksgiving.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
Happy Thanksgiving Mimi, Nancy and all that follow..and if anyone is celebrating Chanukah, may you have a blessed day..

Thanks for the fun story Nancy...a good time for today..

We went to mom and dad's got them up and dressed and things taken care of...all the pills taken..etc..now we will go back and get them and we are all headed out to a buffet. Hope this goes ok..as with dad's walker, and mom getting lost in a room...it may be a challenge..

Wishing you all a great day. And Mimi..thinking of that little baby, and wondering when it will arrive..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
I am thankful for always having what I need. When a person really thinks about it, we don't need much, good, shelter, love, a good laugh once in a while. Everything else is just extra stuff. In our culture it is easy to forget. Sometimes I do myself. When I don't forget I always try to pay it forward. Help someone who needs it, not expecting anything in return. The feeling I get is payment enough. I don't forget how poor I was growing up. I don't regret it in any way. It keeps me humble.

I went to my sister Melina's house for an early dinner. I brought my mom, a fibro sufferer. She is frail and week, I am glad she made it out. I worry about her all the time. 2 of my sisters made the food while we all talked and had a very nice, relaxing visit. The turkey was great and our cookies were a hit, bringing back memories of my grandmother and her efforts to keep us all close together. It was a great day.

I hope you all have a wonderful evening with your loved ones. Take care everyone.

Cory

bette_kaffitz responded:
Hi,

Among the many things I am thankful for is my DH who went out this morning and swept the snow off my Hughesnet satelite dish. For some reason, every time we get snow--as we did Tuesday night--that dish collects snow and refuses to work. I've got a lot of messages to catch up on. Weird when the Dish network ones up on the roof have only been snowed in twice in over 10 years.

Sometimes we borrow trouble. DS's girlfriend now has her 16 year old son with her. I was anticipating a surly, problem child. The kid's nice, well-mannered, and no problem at all. I hate to think of all that needless worrying.

It's easy for us to be like that. "OMG it's going to rain. My fibro will be acting up! " and there's always, "This new med won't work. None of them do." My favorite is, "That was a bad flare up. How horrible will the next one be?" What we should be thinking is, "I'm so thankful that that flare is over."

I hope you are all in this wonderful, thankful place--not just for today, but for the whole holiday season and beyond.

Bette

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.