Skip to content
Black Friday *****11/29/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Afternoon FMily....MiMi in NC where I am checking in later today. No, I did not go shopping but I have been busy with trying to take care of my DD furbabies. She lives about 10 minutes or so away but I have to check on them about every 5 hours or so....until I put them to bed. For the most part they are good. I have also tried to tidy up my DD's house as well. I like to help her as much as I can. She has been doing a lot of work recently and it is hard for her to try to do it all.

Anyway for those of you who got out and shopped today on Black Friday (don't know exactly why they call it this) I do hope you found what you were looking for. I am not going to even try to get out and about in it. I am sure that there is enough people out there without me being just one more in the crowd. (I don't like crowds anyway)

I was reading a story on the internet about a man who became a chef for Salvation Army now. At one time he had a very good job, a house and most everything he needed but he was not satisfied. He ended up going through a divorce and now he lives a simple life. He now enjoys life as it is. It is strange that I think things have never been what I thought they might be....perhaps I am just looking for something which does not exist. Funny how the older we get that our expectations also change, somehow along the way. What might have been important at one point and time is actually no longer as important now. More is not always better.

I think it is important that we enjoy the simple things in life.

I do hope that everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and that you will also have a good day today with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined us. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check this for you.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

bette_kaffitz responded:
MiMi,

What a loving mother you are to your DD! Caring for the dog-grandkids is one thing. Tidying up her house is above and beyond. (I did mention that our house has cobwebs almost as old as our younger son, didn't I?)

More is most definitely not better. (No matter what the kindergarten kids in that insurance commercial said.) More means more clutter, more junk to have to dust, scrub, or vacuum. As the ever-funny Peg Bracken wrote, "When in doubt, throw it out!)

Have a slumber-filled night and a pain free day.

Bette

fibroinsd responded:
Well..afternoon..

DH and I did get up and hit home depot this morning. They had a wreath I wanted for $5.00...which I was going to pay $15 for at Costco...so that was nice..and DH had needed a new battery for his drill...and they had a whole new drill on sale for the price of the battery...so he got an early Christmas present..also got some new lights for the back of mom and dad's house..We put up the old ones..and for some reason about 10 of the lights in the middle of the string worked..but the rest didn't..so hopefully this will look nice out there.

Then we came home did a couple of things..and decided to hit the mall..just one store..that had a couple of things on sale..We got them and for the most part it wasn't bad..but got crowded on the last thing..so we knew when to quit ...Still not sure about the purchases..but I can take them back..but everything was "doorbuster" prices..so couldn't resist..

We spent the afternoon decorating the inside...the stairs, the fireplace, etc..Oh my..I asked my DH how many times did we go up and down the stairs..I am pooped ! Still have to decorate the tree...will tackle that tomorrow..

Did have a nice dinner..but my DD was in a sad mood...first thanksgiving after she broke up with her boyfriend..hopefully she will be fine..One DS had Thanksgiving with my in-laws in Oregon...and the other one had it with his ex-gf...which we do hope they will work things out..they are made for each other..both a little crazy..but good for each other..

Right now we are watching a college football game..so guess I will go sit in the recliner and turn on the heat and massage..It is a cool rainy day here..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was a nice quiet day as planned. Today is usually the day the DW and the kids get the bug to put u[ the tree and decorate. We did not do that today. The kids had a sleepover at a mutual friends house so we had the evening alone. We ran to the store, had cheap takeout, and watched a couple movies. It was very nice, even though we did miss the boys.

Tomorrow I have to make a material list for the bathroom re-do project. The floor in the closet we are taking over will need a total removal and revamp to handle the tub weight. It keeps becoming a bigger job every time I look at it. I can do all of it, one piece at a time.

We have a white landscape now and now with what looks like a big storm coming Wednesday. The current guess is 4-12 inches. I am armed with a meticulously maintained Ariens snow blower and ready for it. I do need gas and will get that tomorrow as well. My back and I despise that witch is known as the shovel.

Mimi, I am enjoying the simple things today. It usually doesn't take much to occupy my little brain. We did do some Black Friday shopping, right here, from this laptop, stress free!

Cece, I'm glad you snuck out and got a few good deals without the headaches the day can bring.

Bette, we are in purge mode at my house, tossing and donating anything we have not used in some time. It's a perk to having a tiny house, you have to do this every couple years or you run out of room to live in.

I am not feeling great today, but still feeling blessed.

Cory

booch007 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello on Saturday...

Good morning all, I am in trouble...think it was holding the baby. The neck and shoulders are unforgiving ! I put the tree up yesterday and it was the toughest time ever. Felt like the muscles were out of gas. I was sweating also......

This is not me....so that was all I did. Tree up and I sat the rest of the day. Took meds and used the heating pad. I have my shots on Monday and they couldn't be more perfectly timed!

Mimi: Black Friday is to get business from the RED.....that's is how it started. I think you mentioned above "I don't know why they call it that?" So many business would be doing poorly and then this day of sales and the holiday to come would bring them into the BLACK (Business wise). It will never be so important for me to venture out....I did use the computer yesterday and maybe I should have waited til this Monday, as I think it is Cyber Monday and all the deals are on the computer.

Tonight is the tree lighting in our town and my son runs the event this year so I am going to try and surprise him. An extra Savella at lunch might just do the trick, I also am going for a massage to see about getting this "monkey off my back!"....

I can say I feel like a turtle when the muscle is like this. CRAP.

I have my gifts out on the dining room table and the tree is up so I can wrap em now and finish the job. As it is now, this is all the decorating I am doing. I never would have thought I would say this. But the busy job and the "not having Christmas Eve this year" just Christmas Day with my son's and families....this is enough.

I DO want to go for it next year so my Grandchildren can remember the magic at Nana's.........

OK, counting my blessing too....My knees don't hurt and my lower back is quiet. Life is Good. Lol.

Ok fmily....get out in the air...breath deep and move. Even if the body says no. Tell it you are a machine in motion...that wants to stay in motion! Be a champion today!

Nancy B

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.