Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF******12/6/2013 ******Roll Call too
dollbug posted:
TGIF****a good morning to each of you... MiMi in NC where the weather has sure been weird. It drizzled all day yesterday but the temp was in the 60*s....no sunshine so it was a bad day....this kind of weather makes my bones ache and I felt bad all day....not good for the mind or the body. I had to go to check in to see if I was going to be in this FM trial study. I guess I am in...at least for now. I got a tablet to input daily info and I will be taking 2 pills every morning. I took my first 2 at the clinic and had to stay there for an hour. I think they were making sure I did not react to it.

I will be monitored during this trial. All sorts of bloodwork and tests so this is a good thing, at no cost to me. I also get compensated for participating in the study as well....as I have to monitor things each and every day and report this info back to them on a computer... $50 a visit. This will pay for the extra gas of me going plus some extra to have. I hope I can continue. Time will tell. I hope this will indeed help someone somewhere on finding something that will help us in the future perhaps.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find the *right combination of tools which will improve your pain*. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort. There are no magic pills for everyone, that I am aware of. What works for one may or may not help another. Continue to try different tools though and things should improve. Sometimes it is only *baby steps* of improvements but a little at the time is better than going in the opposite direction.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more it one of the best things to start with. Having a good doctor who knows just how the wrath of the dragon can affect our daily lives is a must. There are still some doctors who do not *believe in FM*.....but I do think I can understand why. After all, the majority of us *do NOT look sick*....and this illness does NOT affect each and every one of us the same way. Some doctors have no idea how to help us. It pays for us to educate ourselves on every thing we can find about living with the wrath of the dragon. We, FMers, must keep on keeping on.

Drinking lots of water is also a good thing for our muscles....WATER. Doing gentle stretches and/or exercises each and every day is a must. We do not want to *allow our muscles to get stiff*....move, no matter if it is SLOW...you will definitely feel better for doing so.

For me, vitamins and supplements have made a difference. I first tried different kinds of medicines that my doctor thought might help. The muscle relaxer does help but it also causes me to feel very *slow and confused*. I cut the tablet in half most of the time and then half it again...when I feel a need to take something.

Vitamin D....so very important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain. Low Vitamin D can also affect other illnesses as well. Speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked.....do your own research about Vitamin D. You might be quite surprised at what the medical researchers have discovered about Vitamin D and just how important it is to us.

As Nana B says....we, FMers, must learn how to *dance with the dragon instead of draggin the dragon*......there is a way to do this....which may not be easy....but there is a way.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good Friday.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good morning......"HERE for roll call!.

Last day of vacation . But actually the texting and calling has been going on since home. I don't mind, it is good to know they need me!

Heard there is a LIST for me when I return. Isn't that the way for most, You need another vacation to get past what you have to do when you return. Whether to home or to work! LOL.

Went out to look for a centerpiece for my table for Christmas. Not easy to find right now? I was in Home Goods...they had little...lots of animal stuff* WTH? I was mift when I got to the counter with a box of cute cards....Where's the HOME STUFF?

The cards are so cute. A little boy looking up the fireplace waiting for Santa...it says " Hope you keep the magic in Christmas" (or something like that) Battling that memory.....
So glad my medical is imprinted so deep it can't leave me.

I am supposed to give a lecture Tuesday but I will postpone to the next Tuesday as I was away on Vacation . I need to prepare a bit more. I made a power point slide presentation (my first_ I am so proud of me)...but I want an erasable board with those erasable color markers to SHOW the staff.....

Seeing is believing....(understanding). I hope these guys really get sharp after all the lectures I do. It really is caring to "become" and no attitude stuck in there.......we'll see. I will promote their involvement and make it fun. I was always a good hugger. Here's hoping.

Had a bad night last night , couldn't sleep it was about 1 am and almost asleep in the recliner. I have a muscle in the right neck so mad at me. I can't lay on the right side or left (giving me a serious headache)....and flat on my back is NEVER a suggestion. Too many problems in the trapezius muscle even with the memory foam mattress.

Was like I had coffee, thats how it was. Mind going with Madela's death.....I can't tell you how that just wouldn't let go. I turned on the TV and tried to push the thnking aside. CRAP...I hate when that happens.

The GC have a virus so I can't be with them today I was supposed to bake with Madelyn today and see Emily later but we don't want to pass anything around the group...so laurie is on lock down. (the Christening is Sunday). I am hopeful for a full recovery by then....

Poor Laurie....diapers with diarrhea, no fun! We can all remember.

So I am weak this a.m. to finish up the projects I did. The house is in shape, laundry done for now and almost ready to return. Work gives me purpose, though I would like to be a kept woman.....(did I tell you this joke....) DH tols me the "he doesn't want to keep me anymore now!! He is such a charecter.....he is more challenged than I am.....so who doesn't want what? Hmmmm.

OK, dreary day #2. Yesterday was soup here. Warm but foggy and dreary....strange weather. Today it is raining and as of tonight we should see snow...and the fridgid temps come!!

OK, stay warm. Love your heating pad with all your might. Mine was around the neck as I tried to sleep last night . They are an extention of cuddle for us.......

Good day. Hope the baby is doing well Mimi......
Hugs from me, Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B....sorry that your vacation is ending....I do hope you will feel rested as you go back to work. It is not a good thing when we are stressed or even when there is something that we can NOT push aside from thinking about. I have had *issues* now for a very long time. I can NOT sleep due to thinking about them. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about them and I wake up first thing in the morning thinking about them. I want to let go of them but they seem to be hanging on tight. So much has happened in the last few years and I worry about all of it, knowing that I can NOT do one thing about any of it.

I worry about the safety of my DD and her family. As she stated to me yesterday....her life has been a real mess....and it is through no fault of her own. Her little son asked her when she was going to have a baby brother or sister for him. She explained to him that he is the one and only child...that there would be no other children. He loves baby Cade. So I feel like all 3 of the boys and probably my GD as well will always and forever be a close knit group. My DD told me that the boys were talking and planning about things they would be doing when Cade got bigger. (like going to school and all of them driving)....so funny - one is almost 7 and the other one is 4 and they are already *planning what they will do together*.

I sure hope your GC get well soon. Being sick is for the birds...as I think we all know....but it is especially bad for children. At least they seem to recover quicker....which is a good thing.

Cade was eyeing the Christmas tree last night as Poppi held him. He is holding his neck up himself and looking around. It is quite amazing just how strong he is. He is gaining weight so we are thankful for this.

Nana B....I mentioned Hallmark and the cute little *band* they have. I did not know if you read my post about this or not. My GC love the musical things at Christmas time and they are so cute. (they are Disney characters this year).
Something small that they can touch and play with.

OK...yes, the weather everywhere is weird. Cold front is headed to NC as well. I am not looking forward to the cold weather change again. But it is what it is.

Take care and I hope you will feel better soon.

MiMi

missist replied to dollbug's response:
hi all, TGIF. Hubby is on the way home a little earlier than expected. I had a reaction to the anti-seizure med-- swollen glands and all the lymph nodes behind my head/ears swelled up got sore and itchy. Also feel like i've got a flu feverish, but sweating buckets.

So I'm off the drug and go back to see neuro next week to see if its all cleared up, if it gets worse I go to ER.

I'm glad I won't be taking it--it has some potential serious side effects that I do not want to run into.

Did not know hubby would be here today so the house is very very tore up. My method of madness to prepare for holiday is a little this/ then a little that--and eventually it comes together, but it is currently pretty messy. piles and a huge tree I bought-- I guess 11 ft tall, is in pieces. I put part of it together but the rest is on the floor, so I can get more carpet cleaned before someone else moves it and puts the top 3 sections on it. I was hoping to suprise him with that all nice and put together cuz he & kids prefer live trees but I just can't have the stress of waiting til close to the holiday to suddenly trim the tree. I really would like a day to rest before the family converges on us.

so that's where I am at. Sad to hear you're not feeling well Nancy-- exciting the baby is being christened! Mimi so happy for your family welcoming the newbie.
Hope everyone is well.
we are pretty warm here today--put the AC on for a while as I was dripping. kind of crazy I have on long sleeves and pants and shoes and the AC. I cannot eplain it--but it works. LOL

God Bless All!
Mary

mnjeepguy responded:
Well, we ended up with about 26" they say, but it was heavy and wet so it settled some. Inland areas had 3 feet or more. It was a mad scramble for three days to keep ahead of it. I am a wreck but ok. I keep getting back spasms, my left knee is trashed, and the weight of my arms hurts my shoulders. This weekend will be some work, but mostly inside. There is a high of -4 tomorrow. I am fine down to zero if there is no wind, still too darn cold. It will be cold for a while.

I was luckier than many, never got stuck with any of our vehicles, didn't have to travel out of town, and have a good snowblower. It could have been worse so I try to be greatful. I did help some neighbors and that always feels good. I did also tell one unsavory neighbor that I cannot take care of everyone anymore so they will have to find other arrangements for snow removal.

Hopefully I can catch up with all of you folks tomorrow when I have more time. Take care everyone and have a good night.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
OMG******I can not even imagine Cory.....being in that kind of weather. I would have to relocate to another state if I lived there. It is good that you do not have to travel much.

You are a good neighbor to help those who get snowed in.
I hope they appreciate you and compensate you for doing this.

I hope that you can get some rest and allow your body to mend....knee problems are not fun at all. I know I have had my share of them. It is odd though that whatever happened to my right knee last time it cleared up on its own and I ended up not doing anything but taking the joint supplements. I do remember that I had cut back on them....as I had read that they can affect one's eyesight. I don't think it paid me to do this though since I ended up having major issues with the right knee....so I went back to taking 2 a day again and I do not think I will change this again. (this was one of those life learned lessons-once I figured it out)

Take care and I sure hope you and your family can stay warm.....-4*. So exactly how do you stay warm....what kind of heat do you have? Wood heater or electric heat pump or something else?

MiMi

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.