Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday *****12/7/2013 *****less than 3 weeks until Christmas****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is damp and cold weather. It is due to get even colder. This is not the kind of weather that most of us FMers look forward to but not a lot anyone can do about this either.

Can you believe that Christmas is now just around the corner? Thanksgiving was late this year and now Christmas is less than 3 weeks away. It will be here and gone before we know it.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we all have a good day, with little to no pain.....(as we can always hope).

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Hang in here with us and learn all you can about what others have found that has made a difference for them. This process does take time and effort. There is no one magic pill that does the trick.

Vitamin D. Again I want to include this as a good tool that perhaps you need to consider. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi and fmily............

Well in a much better place today. I got a massage yesterday with emphasis on that right neck muscle group. I was able to sleep in bed last night. "She is so valuable a tool for me!"

I saw the baby yesterday and just so cute..cooing and smiling at times. Not as heavy to hold, as I was in a better place when i held her this time. See how my body is.....

I so enjoyed being home and "playing house" having dinner ready and deciding the menu.......I don't normally do this, DH cooks at the deli and brings it home. I am thinking I was cooking more heart healthy and correct for us. BUT you take what you are given. I can't do it all and work too.

Laundry is done, house is in order"ish" , (it can always be better) but so much done.

Bette, I read the post about Lido and me talking of the TrP injections I get. Yes, I take the dry needles too.....(I do them) areas on the arms or hip...areas I can reach will get hit by me. The release makes it all worth it. I think I am just so used to the shot pains and soreness after that it is not bad for me.

I did cry at times years ago as it was rough sessions and I was determined to make myself better. Anyone not in the mess I am in couldn't imagine why I would do this to myself. So grateful it works for me. But what do I say " not for the faint of heart".

Crazy..I was told by a doctor once......well again, living in the shell I become is not a choice, so I do it.

OK, guys, it snowed last night, just a dusting and i wish I was up for it...but I slept well last night...so needed. The only thing with snow is the decks and pool...but dreary out. Hoping for the sun. I have cookie platters for the Christening to make and need to get moving. I only have til early afternoon with my meds help and need to be done by then.

Have a good Saturday. Cory please slow down.....wish there was magic for snow to not be on the roads or driveways......
rest my friend.......regroup...... .

Ok, Good Saturday for all. Nancy B

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. Yes, it is bitter cold here but I am nice and warm in our little house. I actually feel better in the deep freeze then when it's cool and damp like NC right now.

Nancy, my massage therapist is invaluable as well. She has me figured out and I always feel better after a session. I'm glad you got one and are feeling better. I wish I could learn to slow down. I have some but it's a very slow change. I am learning, but times like this I am the only one to do it. I love helping others even if it hurts me. They do pay me well even though I try to get them not to. I made enough cash for my massage and to fill my truck up. It's kind of funny how it ends up a wash. Part of why I need the massage is from snow removal lol! I ended up digging out my house and three others. I'm not sure how I do it , but I always get it done.

I am in rough shape but the worst is behind me. I plan to take it easy the rest of the weekend so I can make it through another work week. Every week I wonder if I will make it, so far I have not called in or gone home for my issues but it is getting really close, I just know.

There was a train wreck about a block form my house. The rail yard is right there. There is a 90 degree turn at the bottom of a several mile hill. The brakes did not get applied early enough or failed. Two or the four men on board bailed off knowing it would derail. The other two stayed in the engine and it stayed on the rails. Scary, and a big mess.

I hope you all have a great day! Take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon..

a cool and rainy day around here...ran some errands today...had some things that needed to be done..

I am so worried about my middle son today...have the feeling he is not doing well...and he is so far away...hard to know what is going on..

Have Bunco on monday night..hopefully that will be nice..but at the christmas party we do gift exchange..and that always makes it hard to know what to do..we are all getting older and really don't need or want much now..

hope you all are doing well.

just checking in.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

jillwimmersbloom replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello, I havent posted in awhile The past six weeks have been really rough between the death of our family dog, the end of the semester for school (still have high As in all my classes), and breaking two cell phones (main form of communication to the outside world).

I also managed to severly sprain my ankle yesterday when I missed a curb. Fortuniately there was no fracture. The doctor wanted me on crutches but I couldnt do it, because of the increased back pain and I have two small children, so chasing them around on crutches is out of the question. We settled on a gel cast and ace wrap and I need to see an ortho if its not better in a week.

Nancy, Im jealous of your massage If money wasnt so tight around the holidays I would schedule myself for a massage.

My 8 year old is being a total sweetheart and rubbing my feet for me. I dont know how I ended up with such amazing children but I wouldnt trade them for the world.

kasie75 replied to booch007's response:
Hello to all!
Nancy glad to hear you got a wonderful massage and did sleep well. Up late tonight about to head off to bed but thought I would say hello first. I so need a massage, I have had a bad week. I probably will not be able to afford on until after Christmas.
Its been very cold here, in the 20's and I think it is suppose to be in the 30's all next week. We might get some snow tonight but haven't see any yet.
I was wondering what kind of injections do you get? Is it a steroid or like pain medication?

I finally felt up to getting the tree up with my kids tonight. I use to get the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. I have never been so late in getting it up. These days nothing gets done like it did in the past.
Sounds like you have a lot going on so I hope you are getting some rest tonight.
Goodnight and have a good Sunday.
Kasie

booch007 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory,

We had a very bad derailment here in NY near me. 4 people died and 11 badly injured. A Doctor on board broke her back.....all were headed into Manhattan. The conductor was doing 83 in a 30 mile an hour zone.

Apparently NJ has in effect a slow down tripper in their lines so this will never happen, costs a few thousand at bad turns.....

CRAP, they are now looking to put it in NY. Why does it take deaths to motivate......such a small price for the price of life for these people during the holidays of all time.

I think about my massages with sincere need, she gets my highest tip....as I NEED HER. She also gets hot hands so her energy is passing to me. I know she is drained after me.

If I didn't have her, I would look to a massage school to get help. So cheap and the students try real hard to learn the right way to handle you. It is so important they learn us, so i would be doing a service to the school as well.

Maybe an idea for some.

NJ has a school and NYC has one....I would check around. A new place opened near me and it is 30.00 for an hour. I have never done an hour. IT is too long and not necessary. Drinking alot of water after is so important too.

OK stay warm Cory....14* here...BRRRR (Thanks Canada, I like this in August).

Nancy B

mnjeepguy replied to booch007's response:
I saw that coverage on the news, terrible. It is not right how some preventable things are just not in the budget to fix until something bad happens.

rudyandirmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
Cece, gosh I hope your son is okay. You really need nothing else to worry about. I am sure he's okay but know your concerned. My thoughts are with you.

Also, when you can fb message me your address. Have Sharon's and got a card off to her..want to get one out to you as well.

Anon_408 replied to fibroinsd's response:
How about exchanging Christmas decor, or ornament?

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.