Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Insomnia
jmc1229 posted:
I take Cymbalta and Nucynta for fibro. My biggest issue is nothing helps me sleep. Anyone else?

fibroinsd responded:
I am not familiar with Nucynta...how much Cymbalta are you taking?? Have you asked your doctor about flexeril? I also take melatonin to help me sleep along with ibuprofen..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

jillwimmersbloom responded:
I have tried various things to help me sleep, both natural and prescription. Right now I take zanaflex, ambien, and trazadone before bed which seems to work okay. I have also tried advil pm, valerian root, melatonin, benedyrl and gaba.

kasie75 responded:
If these two meds are all you are taking then you probably need to talk to your doctor about something to help you sleep. I have never heard of Nucynta but I looked it up and it is a narcotic. People are all different, narcotic make some people sleepy and others get wiry. I take Trazodone and most of the time it does help me sleep. I also just started listening to relaxation meditation on youtube. Listening helps my mind settle down. Cymbalta did not work for my fibro but everyone is different. Just make sure you check with your doctor before you take any sleep aid even over the counter, you want to make sure whatever is ok to take with your current medication. Well good luck, I know I hurt so much more when I do not sleep well, which it is late and I probably should get myself to sleep.
Take care.
Kasie

Anon_549 responded:
Good morning,

I too didn't sleep last night and it was my fault. I baked candy cane crush brownies for the deli and brought them over there....then stayed to help with eggplants and had a diet pepsi........WHAT was I thinking. I only drink water...the caffeine in it had me terribly. My mind was doing everything you can think of. I took 50mg of benadryl and it did nothing. At 3 a.m I was finally asleep...TV on low in the background. Another night on the couch.

So stupid....today is the Christening and I am a wet rag. I better not nap as I have work in the morning and wet ragging will not pass on the first day return to work!

So smart.....so stupid. I just sat and said what did I do? What is happening...even my heart rate was up...then I realised!! CRAP.

Good luck with the last part of your tune up. ge the doc on board and maybe he will start with beanadryl, we use it so much for fragile people.

Hugs from me, NancyB

booch007 replied to Anon_549's response:
Anon..........I am not anon. I didn't ask to be anon???
This is a crazy website...Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B....I hope by now that you are feeling better. We sometimes *cross our line* don't we....we know better but I think we just get busy and forget. It is so easy to do and especially around the holidays when there is a lot going on.

I hope the Christening goes well.

I hope you will get rested and have a good week.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

ajnsmom responded:
Hi, Amitryptiline (spelling?) and Flexeril help me sleep. Hope you're having a good day!

Linda S. (Jax, FL)

bette_kaffitz responded:
JMC,

Hi, as you have probably figured out from all the various answers you have received, we all use different medications for different things.

Lunesta and Ambien are strictly for sleep. Other meds are antidepressants that are known to make patients sleepy. Most of our medications are one sort of antidepressant or another like your Cymbalta. Ask your doctor about a medication specificaly for sleep.

I hope you are soon in dreamland. You and your visions of sugarplums (I have my doubts about the eggplants, but then, I am violently allergic to them!)

While we're at it, please try to practice what the experts call good sleep hygiene. Go to bed and get up the same time every day. Keep the bedroom for sleep and sex only. Have a meditation/prayer/quiet time each night. Take a warm bath or shower each night right before bedtime. (Worry about your hair in the morning shower.) The the natural cooldown after your evening bath is a sleep enhancer. There are other things to try too. Check out a book on sleep from your local library.

And have pleasant dreams.

Bette

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.