Skip to content
Sunday - 12/8/2013******What weird weather in NC *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where there is freezing rain which is causing things to be icy. A front came in sometimes early this morning and made a BIG MESS. They are telling people to stay inside unless they just have to be out and about. It is hard to do anything on ice. I know that I have no intention of getting out to go anywhere today.

I guess we got this from all of the other places who got the snow. It has been really strange though since the temps have been higher than normal.

Yesterday we had some errands to do and I could hardly believe the people who were out and about.....but I guess this is expected as it is less than 3 weeks until Christmas. Time is ticking and people have to do what they must do. The holiday season is always a hustle and bustle time and I think it brings out people who hardly ever get out.

I had to get DH to go with me to pick up the layaway at walmart. That took well over an hour. The deadline is next Friday, the 13th. OMG...I certainly did NOT want to wait until then. He had to hook up the trailer so that we could bring the items home. Sure glad I did not wait until today. While we were there I was looking for something that is popular and was just released in Nov....called for several days trying to locate this and everyone said they were out of stock. Well, yesterday was our lucky day. I am relieved now and I think I am finished.

By the end of this, I knew that I can indeed crossed the line. Forgot to take my vitamins and supplements also which certainly did NOT help me. I am glad though that I slept ok last night. Woke up around 4 am though and do not know why. I was able to drift back to sleep and did not wake up until after 8. My body feels the weather though.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon and try different tools that you find other people have had good luck with. You never know what may or may not help you until you try it.

Vitamin D....remember to have you Vitamin D levels checked.
I have read that there is some disagreement on Vitamin D. But I am still here to say that it has been important for me.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great Sunday and try to stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning Mimi ad al who follow. I woke to a neighbor who had 2 dead cars. One with a flat, the other needing a jump. I looked at the temp, -9. Brrr. The Jeep would not fire up so I went to the Chevy truck. They always start. It fired right up with barely a grumble, I got the car jumped and will change the tire afte it gets above. zero. It is not supposed to get below zero tonight thankfully.

I have a bit to do today but I can stretch it out. It has warmed up to -2 already. It sounds horrible but it's almost tolerable now.

Have a good day everyone, I will pop in later.

Cory

mnjeepguy replied to mnjeepguy's response:
I managed to get almost everything done. The rest can wait for another day. I am as worn out as I ever get. I did make quite a bit of money even though I am fairly cheap.

I don't quite know why I do it to myself. Every year I say it's the last one where I take care of more than just my place. I feel bad when I see folks struggling with the snow. Off I go to the rescue and am thanked with a huge smile and a few bucks.

The snow has set up to where it is like big chunks of styrofoam. I had about an hours worth to move left and got that accomplished, the neighbor's tire changed, and the Jeep moved and on the charger. Mission accomplished.

Ice covered roads are so very dangerous. People forget just how bad it is until they are caught up in the mess. Staying home is the best option, especially on roads where folks are not used to it. Stay safe Mimi!

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Sunday one and all. Making this a quick post saying Hi and wishing each of you a good day

Overcast and gray here. Cold but no ice or snow. Whew that. Hope we thaw out soon.

Mimi, TN sent the ice your way..sorry NC got it worse than us.

Have been feeling a bit better but IBS is still roaring. Have medical testing to do this coming week and a Christmas dinner to attend Wed night.. Busy and I'm not up to it.

Will close this here..my best to all.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Sunday to all,
Last week was a hard one for me. As some of you know that my sister had to have a double mastectomy last July. Now my step mother has dicovered she has breast cancer. She just had the lump removed but she has cancer in her lumph nodes. ZShe will find out this Thursday if it has spread anywhere else. SMy step mother is so scared. I feel so bad for her. She raised us kids from the time I was five. I did not know much of my real mother till I was a teenager.
I was going to put up my 7 foot white Christmas tree today. My brother brought it in from the toolshed. Somehow over the summer it has sturned yellowish brown. I have always stored it away so carefully. I have loved that tree for 5 years. The white blanket I stored away with it did not turn any color at all. I saw no rat droppings or smelled any any urine. I have no idea what caused it turn color. So now I have a three foot tree on a table that I decorated. It does not even come close to the beauty of my white tree. I am so broken hearted that I have lost my white tree. It took me years to save the money to buy it. It always looked like a angle lite up with all the white lights. I tried spraying bleach water on it outside, but it did not help it at all.
I hope everyone is doing okay. Mimi, I had not gotten the chance to congradulate you on the grandbaby. I sure hope everything goes well with the doctor appt in January. Cory, I feel bad about all the cold weather and snow you are having. It has been warm here in north Florida. Close to 80 degrees. I am looking forward to cooler weather that is suppose to come in a few days.
Please take care all and I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

kasie75 responded:
Hi everyone

It is cold and the roads are icy here in Kansas, I did not have to get out today and was happy about that. I hope its a little better in the morning to take the kids to school. I have to drive to three different schools since one is in grade school, one in middle and one in high school.
Felt well enough to get some cleaning done and a ton of laundry so I was thankful of that.
Kasie

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
198 of 215 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.