Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day *****12/18/2013 *****7 days til Christmas *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily..Christmas is only one week away. So you have 6 shopping days. Have you done all of your shopping? I know that the stores are still filled with lots of *stuff* and it seems to be everywhere. Not sure that this is a indication of it being a good year for a lot of companies. I truly do not think people can afford to do shopping as much as they normally do.

NC is having some nice weather for the next few days....so it will be a good time for people to get out.

Several years ago we had bought my GD a Barbie Jeep and my DH put it together this year. Well she was too big for it so we ended up getting her something else and still had the Jeep. It had a little radio in it that really worked. It had never been on the ground. Anyway my son was able to see it for us and the man picked it up yesterday for his 2 little girls to enjoy. I am sure they will like it as it as really cute. My DH wanted me to put an ad out for it but I did not want to have to deal with talking to people about it. So I gave my DS a *finder's fee* for selling it....since I ended up doing nothing. I know he can use what I gave him.
This ended up a very good thing.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

Congratulations to Cory as he gets a raise for the work he has accomplished recently. I hope your new job will be a really good fit for you.

Glad to hear from Bette. I hope your recovery goes well and I hope this will help you with your pain. It is always good to know what you went through was work the pain and effort you endured.

Linda I hope the doctors can also help you with what you are dealing with. I do not know much about this. I do wonder though about a lot of issues with FM and what we all might have to deal with. Let us know how you progress with your treatment.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support recently. Welcome to those you have decided to rejoin our group as well. As we always say....once a FMer here, always a FMer.
Our doors are always open...24/7 and most of the time there is someone here to answer any questions about almost anything you can to ask concerning the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

You can also find a lot of good info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and check out the *member toolbox*. Plus you can also read Dr. P's posts on discussions about FM as well. (this is under *resources*, I think. Dr. P....we all miss you and I hope you are doing ok.

Vitamin D. Again I want to mention this. I am now reading that it seems some people *think* that vitamins and supplements are nothing but a waste of money. I find this quite interesting as well. I happen to know that I do benefit from the vitamins and supplements I take.....regardless of what has been reported. This is like any other *issue* though....we are told one thing helps and then it is reported later that it really doesn't help and then still again when someone *decides* something it can reported differently over and over again. It is a *cycle* which goes on and on....just depending upon who is saying who about whatever issue is being discussed at the time. I know that we are all different and I also am learning that some of the *clinical trials* that are done is only a few people, compared to what it should be. Instead of a couple of hundred they should continue to do research on thousands of people before they decide what is *right or wrong*. We all know that anything can affect people in different ways....some good, some bad and some ugly as well. Everything is a process.

Well..that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I am so very thankful today for all of the blessings that I have gotten this year. It has indeed been a very rough year for our family..as I know though it could have been so much worse. I am looking forward to another new year and hoping that it will be so much better. (don't think it can get any worse) .

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

meg_k responded:
Happy Humpday.

Hi MiMi and all. Cute new picture of you with the grandbaby!

I appreciated your tip of taking the path of least resistance -- with the "finder's fee" idea for the toy jeep. I have to get used to the idea of taking these type of short cuts. Feeling that it's ok. I am supposed to have people over Thursday and was going to make homemade lasagna. They are now getting takeout instead. Yes, I have the luxury of that because I am still working. I am going to take it when I can because little "luxuries" like this that keep me sane are worth it!

Stomach flu went through our house this week. So, that on top of FM, and then no FM meds because couldn't keep them down. That pushed me to make the call about the lasagna finally.

Take care everyone...temptations are to do too much this time of year. Take care of yourself first and let the rest fall in place.

Meg K.

dollbug replied to meg_k's response:
Hello Meg K....MiMi in NC. I meant to say that my younger don sold it for us. I do NOT always proof read my post before I submit them, but I guess I should. Sorry about that but I guess you knew what I was trying to say anyway.

I also wanted to let you know that the picture I posted is my daughter with her nephew....she does favor me (when I was in my twenties.) which was years ago. I am now 61. This is my 4th and new GB and he is a handsome little fellow.

Sorry that you had the stomach flu at your house. I sure all of you are now better. It stinks when you have children and everyone gets sick. I have been there done that. I remember when my 3 children were little....one got it, they all came down with it. Not a fun time at all.

I am glad you are still able to work. I have not worked since Dec 2005 and I really miss being with people. But I don't have enough energy to keep a job. I have continued to try to find something that will help the chronic fatigue but have not had any luck so far.

I hope things go well with your get together. I know just how hard this can be. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more, if you can. Your body will thank you for doing so.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

monamia responded:
Yes, always be careful and read past the headlines. Not all studies or clinical trials are equal. It's up to each of us to read further to find out how many people were involved and for how long a period, whether it was double-blind or not, etc.

I also think not all supplements nor brands are equal but with there being no gioverning body of them, it is often trial and error for us, the consumers. I do find some benefit with supplements (including Vitamin D - with Calcium and Magnesium - for my FM) but that's partly because I'm allergic to so many things I can't get my necessary vitamins from food. Not everyone is low in Vitamin D so that should always be checked first before taking anything, particularly a fat-soluble vitamin like D.

Good to see you, MiMi! Glad to see you're continuing with your check-ins.

I remain very busy and am not yet ready for Christmas but I'll get there.

missist replied to monamia's response:
Hi all, happy hump day evening. Been busy getting ready for my company and shopping and shipping. I do most of my shopping online but there's still some things I needed to go get and ship myself. Today at the post office when shipping my grandson's gift, I left and tumbled off the curb. Oy! Went down hard on all fours, plus a twisted ankle and banged up shoulder. I think I'm ok though--nothing broken--but getting sore.

got my porches cleaned up today, most of my lights and tree are up, and I am still waiting for gifts to start arriving in the mail. I did get a few things. Hubby has been having a bad week, he's sick, and has to be out of his place in NC saturday, and his truck broke down twice. Wow. Makes me feel luckier inspite of the mess I'm dealing with and my fall.

Anyhow things are going pretty good otherwise. I have more cleaning to do, my son in law is coming by tomorrow to give me a hand on some things. Then I should be able to get it all wrapped up before Hubby comes home and our guests arrive from Florida.

Very little shopping left to do, so that's good. Always busy this time of year I am so glad I didn't break anything when I fell, take it easy folks--don't rush too much- gotta keep the feet firm beneath you!
Mary

missist replied to missist's response:
oh tip-- I have a prime account at Amazon.com--so I get free 2 day shipping on most of the things I buy. it is worth it for me--I do a LOT Of my shopping online cuz it is much less exhausting. I even order my clothes and shoes from there.

At Christmas--I go ahead and pay to have things giftwrapped. That way when it all arrives almost everything is wrapped. it does cost more but to me these are the things that make life more do-able with a chronic illness.

Online shopping is just so so so much less taxing. Use your limited energy for something else. mary

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was a nice warmer day here today. I was hoping to get some time to enjoy it, but no such luck, lots to do. I went to the Dr. for my wrist and caught him up on my last visit to the ear Dr. He took x-rays of the wrist, nothing abnormal. He suggested I see my rheumatologist, as the ear Dr. did. The ear Dr. had more blood drawn and the results are all normal, as usual for me. No red flags there.

Because my pain levels are up he told me to up my Gabapentin dosage again. It is still very low at 200 3x a day. I will go up to 300 and see if it helps. He said 300 is usually the minimum dose, some take over 1000 per dose. He knows I don't want any more meds than I need to get by, so we are upping it in baby steps.

My job will stay about the same with just more skill expected from me. I can do that. It seems so long ago that I began this challenge. I am very pleased to be done. I can't say I would do it all again, but happy with the end result. I will learn more every day and hone my skills, working as long as I can. I will apply for my department's supervisory position when the current one retires in a couple years. With 20 years working in that department and mechanical training, it would be a good fit, That is my next goal.

It has been a crazy year here in my house. here we are at the end of it and all is good. I to am blessed. I have gained a very large amount of understanding from my DW. This reduced the stress of the whole house, and we talk more, and do more together. Aside from my trials we are all healthy, and have what we need. As you said Mimi, it could have been so much worse.

We are almost ready for Christmas, we finish this weekend. I don't like to go last minute shopping but there are a few things left to get. It is not too bad where we go, so I am not too worried about it.

To everyone, I hope you all heal up and keep the sicknesses away for the holidays and beyond. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.