Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday *****12/21/2013*****4 days til Christmas *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....the countdown is now getting closer. Christmas will soon be arriving and then the end of the end will be upon us as well. I am looking forward to a new and hopefully good NEW YEAR. The best of 2013 for our family was our precious little GS. the rest of it was not a good thing at all. I am so glad that we are now moving on to a new year.

MiMi in NC and it has been nice weather now for several days. I have read that some places are dealing with lots of snow and bad weather....but NC has not. It was predicted some time back that we would have very little snow this year. So far they have been correct. I am not complaining though. I am looking forward to spring time again. I do know though that it needs to get cold enough to kill the bugs. Otherwise we will have more than we care to.

My GD plays basketball again this morning so I will be going to see her play. I hope she does as good today as she did last Saturday. She is a tomboy and loves sports a lot. I am glad that she has found one that she is really very good at playing.
She was so very proud that she scored last week.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope a bit better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. Learn all you can about what others have found that has made a difference for them. You will surely find something that will improve your daily journey each day as well.

I know that vitamins and supplements, along with other things has made dealing with *it* every day better for me. I am not painfree nor do I think I will be but less pain is so much easier to deal with. Now if only I could find something to help with my chronic fatigue....I would indeed be set. I have been looking though for a very long time.

For new members and those who have not spoken to the doctor about checking your Vitamin D level. I hope each of you will speak to the doctor the next time you have to see him/her. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

Enjoy the sunshine if you have it and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Stay safe if you are out and about in the busy time today.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good Morning everyone.....

Up early with a long list today. I was so tired yesterday I was falling asleep driving home at 4:30. Thought I would do* yesterday but the body said "nope" so going to work on it today. What's our word "pace".....

No choice actually.

I was to have a sleep over for the GC today and I bought so many goodies and things to do (like a gingerbread house).....well Olivia has bronchitis and they have her on prednisone.....(I still can't believe this. No inhaler, no cough medicine /suppressant....right to steroids.) Just seems so aggressive.

Madelyn too is coughing so much. So it may not happen . I will have to go over there tonight to watch them as the parents have to go out. So wanted the whole night...with my tree and tricks I was going to play with them. God works in strange ways though. I was fearful of so much time with them...no nap for me....so what ever happens is what will be.

Gosh I can't believe how I have change my perspective on Christmas this year. I have few decorations up, no cooking the EVE and the day is simple....and I am working without a tear. Strange how you can reset your head when you need to adapt.

Even outside my house is simple this year. Not that I was crazy on the outside I live between to Jewish families and I have always been simple. A spot light and a wreath or candles in each window.......but in the house I am a MANIAC. Every room and wall paintings etc. Bathroom all changed. Hutches emptied and collections in with the lighting on.....magic. But not this year. So simple and OK.

So this week was Ok stamina is holding. The new position is settling in for me. I love the teaching component, I love to see the light go on in a pair of eyes...

Putting out fires is not fun....issues are everywhere and this is stress for anyone. I need to hone a tool for that. Then I will be better. I always said it takes a year to "become" so I need to cut myself slack, also the staff need to get used to me too.

On the FM/CMP side I am having my old trouble of swallowing when I lay lay down and feel like I am choking, this is the thing that kept me searching for a doctor and diagnosis. I guess she is missing the muscle that is the culprit when I get my injections......:9. It is a tough symptom to live with. The recliner is the answer...but I don't want to leave the bed. . There is no massage or manual effort for this deep neck muscle. I just need to be more vigilant when I go tot he doc afer the holidays to get it fixed.

Trigger : Holding a heavy box at UPS on line in front of me. No doubt it was the start of this. I medicated after but it is BIG for me. I had no where to put it as the floor was not an option (snow, muddy mess). CRAP

This is also why the mall and being on line and carrying anything is a dead given for a no no.

So I struggle now til shots. As long as I am upright I am not aware of it, but laying down begins the symptoms. Hoping the muscle doesn't talk to another and I get the whole neck twisted up......

OK. On a good note, we are gettting a gift from the SOUTH and it will actially go to 68 on Sunday!!!! Snow is melting and rain to follow should clean it all up! NICE. A flurry planned for Christmas Eve as the winds change to Canada and we cool back down. Crazy weather everywhere these days.

Good Saturday to all......Hope you have the toolbox out and are trying everything in repatition to get fixed and better.

Happier Saturday..............Nancy B[

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. It's nice to make it here in the mornings once in a while. Before work is just too early to post up. I am fortunate I only work Monday and then have the rest of the week off. That will be a nice break.

It is warmer here at 20 degrees this am, not too shabby for the end of December. One more month of cold ahead then it will warm up a bit. I too can't wait for spring and warmer temps.

I had a task at work that took everything out of me yesterday. I had to go up in a lift and remove ice from a catwalk. The ice chunk had to be about a thousand pounds. I hacked at it with a hammer and track broom for an hr and a half until I couldn't swing my arms anymore. It had to be done, but I am going to have to lay low after we run to Duluth. I have to get some lumber and a few last minute gifts.

Upping my Gabapentin is helping slightly. I want to use what I need but have to be careful as I run heavy machinery at work. It will take me a while to find the balance I think. One big problem for me is that when I am feeling better, I just do more and push myself harder with the same end result. I have to figure that balance out better as well or I end up where I am this morning.

Mary, I hope your hands are doing better today. There isn't a heck of a lot we can do without them so I feel your frustrations. Mine are the same, the left wrist is still bad. I wonder if it is why my left shakes slightly and is unstable. My right is steady as a rock but had one nasty finger joint. I am left handed but even weld with my right because it is steadier.

Bette, I hope your husband got home safe with the trailer and you can find a place for the stuff. It's always a challenge to make extra room.

Nancy, I home the GC's are felling better and that you are too.

I have to go make eggs so take care and have a great day!

Cory

katmandulou responded:
Saturday, making a list"026 my baking list! Happy Winter!

Hi all, it was a rare up-early Saturday for me - phlebotomy day! Gotta get rid of some of that iron I build up and stave off liver failure. So I can drink longer?? LOL

Vrazy warm here, it was in the 50s earlier, and rain is on the way. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer, with light rain. Almost Christmas, and I can't stands it.

I'm down to needing just a few gifts, like the passport case I thought I had ordered for DH. Oh, well, if it does't get here, he'll get it late, and it won't be the first time that has happened to either of us. Baking starts tomorrow, the family fruitcake has to sit for 2-3 days before it gets eaten. It's really icky the first day. Custard and pumpkin pies after that. Yum, I can't wait for that two-day food fest!

The shingles have quieted down a lot, I'm down to just one Lidoderm patch. That stuff really really works, and I'm glad I'm not taking more pills. I need the relief in just one spot.

Gotta go make sure I have everything lined up. While DH is at church, I think I'll get some wrapping done!

Wishing you all the best days you can possibly have,
Lou

bette_kaffitz replied to katmandulou's response:
Hi to all,

Yesterday, my nurse practicioner loaded me up with a whole bunch of sample packs of Celebrex. I tried it way back when it first came out and got no relief, so I didn't have my hopes up. I don't know whether it is the Celebrex itself or the mix of that and the fentanyl patches, but my arms, hands, and neck are a lot better today. Weird, since I only got about 2 hours sleep last night. Hey, I'll take any positive results!

All of you sound like you are so far along in your holiday prep. It makes the fact that I still have to get hubby a gift and one for our younger son--not to mention his brother's girlfriend and her two kids.

Maybe we'll get some of this done tomorrow when we pick up our son in Rochester. If we're smart, we'll get in, get the son, and get back on the road. Between flooding and the chance of ice storms, the sooner we're back on the farm, the better. It's just that there we'll be surrounded by the stores you only find in a city. It's an hour to a WallMart for goodness sake. Those of us in the country have a beautiful life, but we do pay a price in being so far from anything like a shopping experience. (I don't include supermarkets or pharmacies in that category!)

Remember the mantra. Pace, pace, pace. Take your warm bath or shower morning and night. Always know where the heating pads are. And simplify.

Hope you all have a (reasonably) pain free night and a great Sunday. And maybe ask the former Saint Christopher to watch over us for the whole 200 miles tomorrow--along with all the others who find their holiday travels affected by this ferocious weather. We're not Catholic, but THERE was a saint who earned his keep. Well, Mr. Christopher calm those tornadic winds, banish ice storms to the FAR, FAR North (like the Bering Sea), and send some of the rain to those areas who need it--not those in danger of flooding.

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening. I made it to Duluth and found that although folks here generally drive fairly competently, none of those people drove today. I thought I was going to have a stroke. I was cut off, passed in a no passing zone, tailgated, and 3/4's of drivers were on their phones, held up to their faces, too fast for the roads, and one behind me texting and shaking his head at the traffic. I am a tremendously cautious driver, it still stresses me to my limits. I have never had an accident or ticket and hope to stay that way.

Anyway, We managed to get our errands done and lumber acquired. We had lunch and headed back home. I was able to squeeze the lumber in the tiny tool shed and that was it for the day. We had leftovers and took the boys on our annual Christmas light tour in town. A lot of people still put on a good show every year and the kids enjoy it.

I am most definitely not reasonably pain free today, but I hope to be tomorrow. I took a hot shower mid day, but have to watch the heat, my skin is very dry and then I itch. It's hard to win some days. I need a new heating pad.

To all, I hope you had a good day and sleep well, not waking too early, and waking refreshed. See you all tomorrow. Take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
just a quick hello..been very busy here..dd is moving home ...until she can redo things..I doubt she will be here long..

oldest son is home..but out with friends tonight..

I got a call from my middle son and he is doing better on some medication..a real relief for me..hopefully things will continue..

my parents are still difficult..what else is new..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.