Skip to content
Sunday *****12/22/2013 *****3 days til Christmas *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where the weather is very strange and weird. Some places have had very severe weather though with storms and damage. It is drizzle rain here. When I first woke up around 4 am this morning it was really very warm and we had wind. Warm at Christmas time? Really? So not like the normal kind of weather. I hope it will not bring storms and bad weather here.

We went to see my GD play basketball. She was really happy to see us. She is good at this sport. Her team won. They have 2 very tall young girls. These girls are supposed to all be under 10. My GD is tall also but not as tall as these 2 girls. Being tall is just part of being good though at scoring. I told my DH that I wish I had kept up with all of the attempts made to score. OMG. It seemed like the ball was bouncing off and out of the goal more than they were scoring. The other team was ahead in the first half but my GD's team soon caught up and passed them. It was a good game though.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

I am not feeling well at all right now. Perhaps it was because I did not get enough sleep. I have no idea. Or maybe the weather has something to do with it. I hope this passes quickly though.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I hope you have found some tools to try. It does take time and effort to find the *just right combination* of what just might help you cope better.

Vitamin D. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting this checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Stay safe today and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. So important for us FMers.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good morning All and Mimi,

I am in a 64* rainy bath right now......driving home last night after watching the girls I was in so much fog from the change to warmth here.....OMG this is not my Christmas at all. Hearsay says that it will chill by the EVE and a little dusting of snow* We will see.

I have a neck of GLASS this a.m. a headache to beat the band from the same. I just took my meds. I will tell you that crafts with the girls was a great idea and a memory for me....but too much on the body at this age. They run around and have the attention span of a gnat still........3-4 snow flakes and they were done. Gingerbread house...decorated so silly and the BIG peices they put on top kept falling off and the icing dripped off the house...............a mess. NOT WHAT I PLANNED.

Dropping things to the floor for me to bend and pick up repeatedly. (what is that ***repeatedly***a trigger****) So I am in a bad way.

Toolbox out and a shower for sure is in the mix with massage using the bar of soap. I am now glad my DIL asked not to have them stay over since they are coughing so much. I probably would have crashed in front of them. At their house they are more controled and their things are there for them to jump to. At my house it was in one room and then another and a hurricane effect throughout. Love em but..

Madelyn stopped at one point and said....."Nana, I love you" and I just melted..........priceless.

OK, today is the day of mending. Mending the house and mending me. I can't believe Christmas is here.....hope everyone is near ready and not in too bad a shape.

Good chemistry this holiday brings us. The power of that perfect gift or suprise you found for someone....such good stuff.

Hugs to all, gently though they must be as we are fragile people. *Feeling that this morning I don't know why people always have to touch me...tap me on the back etc and it is always right on a trigger point or after my shots......funny how that works.

Good day today..........Nancy B

mnjeepguy responded:
Nancy, attention span of a gnat? I unfortunately have one of those lol. My med makes it worse I found out, the one side effect it has brought, could be worse I suppose. At least Madelyne gave you a boost with that comment at a good time. I hope you can mend that sore neck today.

Mimi, I am glad the GD had a great game, so good for their spirits to be in sports. I hope you feel better, the weather can be a bugger.

Today I still feel a mess, going to keep things light. We have to empty out the closet that will be taken over by the bathroom addition. There isn't too much in there. Afterwards we have to start demo, probably next week after the holiday.

The more I think about my visit with the rheumatologist the more I think I need to see a neurologist. I never have. We will see how the visit goes and move forward.

It is snowing again here, we are supposed to get a few inches by tomorrow. It's just enough to make the roads slippery and have to shovel, not enough to bother with the snow blower. It is beautiful though, the snow gets dingy after a while and a fresh layer cleans things up.

I do hope everyone uses this day of rest to do just that, and heal. Take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
Happy Sunday...so glad you are all having fun with kids and grands...

DD is moving home with her cat...and that should be an experience...what a mess...and there just isn't room for all her stuff...hopefully this is just a short term deal...hoping the new year brings lots of good things for her..

I did get good news from my ds that I have been worried about...he is on some new meds and doing better he says..keeping my prayers going...

oldest ds thinks he got a cold from being on the plane and is busy hacking and coughing..hope it doesn't spread..

mom and dad are still a challenge..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.