Skip to content
Monday, Monday *****12/23/2013*****Merry Christmas
dollbug posted:
Merry Christmas FMily....yes....ready or not Christmas is almost here. The weather here is NOT Christmas like at all. A cold weather front though is headed our way. MiMi in NC and it is wet here. We have had lots of rain off and on now for a couple of days. Not the kind of weather that my body likes....but at least it is NOT snowing or ice involved in this.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little or no pain.

I had hoped today and the next couple of days would be nice weather as I do my last minute grocery shopping.....trying to get ready for our Christmas meal. I am trying to do simple....which is sometimes not easy to do.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and review the *member toolbox*....you will find some good *tools* to try....which just might help you cope better.

Vitamin D....talk to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

ajnsmom responded:
Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Linda S. (Jax, FL)

monamia responded:
Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays to all, however and whatever you celebrate!

I'm wiped out today with too much going on but it's a pretty happy time for me and my family so I'm holding on to that and laughing my way through any pain or fatigue.

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Merry Christmas all... I have been missing but thinking of you all... Tired and flaring... But getting used to it lol... Gotta go on somehow... Lots of rest for me.. Hypnosis... Meditation... And it being Christmas I have TV to keep me going with Christmas shows...

And grandkids trying to please you but having a hard time doing it lol... They are grounded to clothes and no toys... But at least they get something... And Gramma is trying to cheat... lol

Well hands aren't liking this... Take care all...

Love... Jan/Dakota

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening and Merry Christmas to all. It was a cold day here as you might expect. Our coldest is January, evident in the forecast for the next week. There is a -20 in there somewhere.

I was rudely awaken at 4 this morning by a very sharp, deep pain in my low back\hip area. It was a nasty little bugger. I was sleeping on my back so I am not sure where it came from. I ate something and took 4 ibu. It was almost call in to work sick, but I made it. We do not get any sick days. I called the pharmacy to fill my Flexeril in the am. After work I picked it up and took one, had a snack, and out for more snow blowing. It keeps snowing just enough to clean up. I should not have even gone out but it had to be done. Since I was out I did the neighborhood rounds for free today. It felt good to do that, distracting me form how I feel.

It is recliner time now and I will rest up for my rheumatologist appointment tomorrow. Hopefully some answers will follow. I will have the DW drive me.

I just had a neighbor drop in and give us a card and a batch of holiday goodies. The card included thanked me for snow blowing. I usually run the thing all the way down the block and back, it is more convenient than trying to turn the big thing around on the sidewalk. It also is appreciated by the whole block. Feeling good.

I hope you all are doing well and enjoy the holidays!

Cory

bette_kaffitz responded:
Merry Christmas Eve Day!

It is almost 1 in the morning. Guess the new norm is 2 to 3 hours of sleep on a good night. At least it gave me the time and the nudge to come here.

All day (Monday) I have been musing on just how little it takes to start me off. I got off to a bad start. I got up early specificly to bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I got most of the items out the night before and asked dh to please get down the flour from the top shelf and please, please dig up my kitchen extension cord. So, there I was bright and early with no flour and no extension cord. The flour is in a glass jar on the top shelf of a kitchen cabinet--heavy and high. The extension cord allows me to use the mixer on the kitchen table instead of the counter--where it is too high for me to comfortably work. (I'm short.) Hubby told me he'd get the flour when he got up. He had no idea where my extension cord was.

So I made my cookies two hours later than I planned. My shoulders hurt all day. And I was MAD all day. I had to go to town much later than I had planned right when everyone else was there. My shoulders hurt with every little chore around the house. I was decorating our little tree while dinner was in the oven. My shoulders hurt. I was wrapping presents at 10 p.m. My shoulders hurt. And I was still mad.

All my husband had done was ask to be allowed to stay in bed until HE had to get up. But I managed to blame him for every little thing that went wrong all day long. (I did mention that my shoulders still hurt, didn't I?)

What I had done was to blame everything wrong in my world on a dear man who just wanted a little more time in bed. Did you know that the chemicals you churn out when you are angry are the same ones that can increase pain levels? That's right. I had allowed anger and resentment to ruin my day. It was not my dear husband. It was me.

So, in the spirit of Christmas and Peace on Earth, start at home. Do not let yourself become a bitter, meanspirited, person who holds grudges. Transform yourself into a kind, forgiving person who can smile and dispense love--not hatred. Do it for yourself. Which type of person would you really rather be? And which type of person would be most apt to suffer a fibro flare?

Think on it. I did. Now, I think I'll be able to sleep.

Bette

meg_k replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Bette,

You have been so supportive of many of us on this site. I am sorry to hear you had such a bad time Monday! I am glad you took time to vent bc that is what we are all here for!

I hear what you mean about choosing your attitude and choosing to get stressed about something or not. I agree we can to a large extent help ourselves by not allowing things to get to us and make us Fibomites feel emotionally and physically worse.

I find myself worrying about why you are sleeping so little. What is your body telling you and what can be done? This is intolerable and can only lead to flaring and anger (if we are anything alike!). I lovingly encourage you to do what you need to in order to sleep, even if it means taking an rx you'd rather not.

Try not to be too hard on yourself. We are only human and at times of so little sleep it can feel like barely so.

Take care of yourself. I hope you are feeling better.

Meg K

bette_kaffitz replied to meg_k's response:
Meg,

This very little amount of sleep has been my norm since the fibro began--in 1972. The only way I can get real sleep is with Ambien. But that is something I save for the nights I absolutely have to get some sleep. If I take it more often than 2 or 3 times a month, it stops working.

My fibro began with the late pregnancy backache and an infant who was up like clockwork from 1 a.m. till I was supposed to get up. Early studies show that you can induce a fibro-like condition by depriving a subject of deep sleep. That's me.

Of course, back then there were no fibro-specific drugs. And if you think you got the runaround and a lot of "it's all in your pretty little head," you have no idea of what it was like before fibromyalgia even had a name.

Believe me, living in a fibro-aware world--where I can get meds that actually help--where doctors have heard of fibro--where my husband can read BOOKS and BOOKS about this and know I'm not crazy--this is nothing compared with fibro in 1972.

Thank you for your concern. I've had two sleep studies. What did they tell me? I have insomnia! Surprise!!!

Enjoy each day. Do what works for you. Pass it on.

Bette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.