Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Christmas Day *****12/25/2013 *****It's here*****
dollbug posted:
Merry Christmas FMily. Christmas Day arrived.....and it is cold again. I knew cold weather would be coming back again. It does feel more like Christmas. I hope everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

I crossed my line yesterday....and OMG did I pay for doing so. I knew better but just moved forward anyway. There are times when I think we know when we have done this and yet we feel a need to continue. I had to go to the store for some last minute items and it was me and thousands of other people as well. I did manage to find what I was looking for without having to go to multiple stores. And then when I started cooking I had to send DH out again for a couple of items I needed for a recipe. Too many things to keep up with. Well at least I thought of them before today.

I am up this morning too darn early. Not a good thing as I am NOT a morning person at all. I woke up feeling better than when I drifted off to sleep last night....so that is a good thing.

There are dishes in my sink though which are waiting to be washed and I still have some things to do before lunch time.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our *support group*. I am sure that each of you will soon find the right combination of *tools* which will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort to do this. So hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them cope better.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is really important for me. I know when I should stop or at least slow down but there are times when I move forward anyway and each time I do, I will pay for this. (Today is one of *those days*.)

I am glad that Christmas comes one time a year. Not sure I could cope otherwise.

I do hope each and every one of you will have a Merry Christmas. I hear those dishes calling my name.

That's all for now.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Merry Christmas everyone! It is cold here as well Mimi. It in only in the teens but warmer than yesterday's high temp. We are supposed to see -20 or colder in a few days, not looking forward to that.

The boys had a great morning. We gave my youngest fishing gear and tackle, and the oldest a game and a couple movies, as well as some clothes. Both were very pleased with their gifts. Their big gift was a tv that we could not hide. The delivery was after 6pm and the boys answered the door, so that one was early but that is alright.

I took a Flexeril before bed to help the back and I slept a solid 10 hours. I don't remember the last time I did that. I feel better than yesterday so it is a step forward. I have had a rough few days.

I have to move more snow. we had a few inches last night. So far for the month we have had almost 35 inches of snow. It is in 6th place for a record.

We have 2 places to go today, the first will be a little stressful, her family is huge. Some of them have open arms and some are just not nice at all. We go there to see her grandmother. She is in her mid 80's and getting frail. The second visit is more of a wind down. It's a small group of kind hearted people. We love to go there and just relax.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas day!

fibroinsd responded:
Merry Christmas..

I hate to say it..but it is HOT HOT HOT here..feels like about 85 degrees..so hot and dry..Santa Anna winds are blowing...seems typical for here...

This has been a long few days...rather stressful...hope things are better in 2014

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

bette_kaffitz responded:
Merry Christmas!

We had a quieter Christmas as the girlfriend (older son's) and her two children went home after our midday meal yesterday. She and her children got their presents from Santa Kaffitz here before they left. This morning it was just DH and our two sons drinking some hot chocolate and opening our presents.

We talked to all the people we care about. We had a lighter menu than the big ham dinner we had yesterday. Then our older son left at 2 p.m. to have turkey with the GF and her family. It was a good mix of our core of 4 and the infusion of a possible extended family.

One of the "family" gifts I found was a 3-way Conair massager--neck, upper back, and lower back--with a gel pack for heat or cold. DH and I both tried it this evening. Pretty nice.

God bless the people at American Express. We've been building up our "points" for a while. Wouldn't you know it, our son's washer gave up the ghost on Sunday. We picked out the replacement Monday. DH and son brought it home on Tuesday. Son christened it with a load of his barn clothes--appropriately--on Christmas Eve. Not too shabby considering we always pay the bill in full each month. They never get a penny of interest from us, but we still get free stuff. Merry Christmas to you, AmEx.

Our younger son's visit is going quite well. He's been a wonderful help around the house, and he's had a chance to visit with friends in town, too. It's so great having him home, but we know that he belongs in Rochester where he can get so many more services--and his public transportation, too. The farm was a good place to raise a handicapped child, but is a poor place for a handicapped man to live.

Hope you all had joyous holidays surrounded by the people who really matter and filled with the Spirit of Christ.

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
It was a great day overall here. After I posted in the am I did the rounds removing snow. I planned to not charge anyone on this day. I went about my routes and when I got to the last one, a person who I don't normally help but needed my help, I was stopped at her door with her waving money at me. She asked me in and I stepped inside. Her poor face was riddled with what looked like a rash of some kind, that did not allow her to be in the cold. I said I was free today and the day prior, because she did not ask me to do it, I just wanted to, "Merry Christmas". She gave me a big hug and said thanks. This made my day.

We then went to the DW family gathering. This went better than planned, low stress. We then went home to let the hounds out before round two. This also went good. I have to say it was a great holiday.

Cory

meg_k replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it.

My holiday has also been better than expected. Less family drama, kids ecstatically happy. Overall: fun!

We are visiting family out of state. The first day we got here, I CRASHED big time w/ pain & fatigue. Lasted about a day and a half but now feeling better.

It's been a few days of eating and drinking things I usually avoid. Back to "normal" tomorrow. Will have to see how I fare as a result of all the cheating. So far, it appears to be worth it.

Take care, everyone! Meg K

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.