Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday *****12/28/2013 *****nearing the end of 2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....well the end of another year is almost here.
MiMi in NC and I think my cold is actually getting worse. My head is completely stopped up this morning. Not a good thing at all for the mind or the body. I feel like I need to crawl back under the covers and go back to sleep. (if only I could)

DH picked up our GD yesterday at 5. She was early and her dad did not know she would be here at 5. You know it is odd how some people communicate or I guess I should say some people do not realize how important communication is. It is like some people think that a person should just know what is going on, without anyone even telling them. It is what it is.

Communication, training and interpretation of things is what makes the world go round and lack of any of them can make a really BIG difference in a lot of things.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that you will find some good info here. Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and the *member toolbox* as well. We are all different and what helps one person may or may not help another. Only you will know when you have found the *right combination of tools* which make a difference for you.

I do know that *learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is important*. Drinking lots of water every day also just might make a difference in how you feel. Doing gentle exercises and/or stretches each day might also help. We, FMers, must get up and go, no matter how slow it might be. We have to keep moving in order not to allow our bodies to get stiff. For anyone just starting keeping a journal on what you do each day just might help you figure out things....keeping up with activities and what you eat and your pain level. This might also help your doctor to understand how you feel as well.

Vitamins and supplements has allowed me to *control my FM pain*.....I tried different medicines in the beginning but did not find any that really helped me without causing other side effects. So I eventually did my own research and found what works for me.

Vitamin D. Be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well,.

New Years' Resolutions******do you have any?

I hope that 2014 will be better than 2013 has been. The best of 2013 was our little bundle of joy, our 4th Grandchild. He is a handsome little fellow and growing.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day.....and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning Mimi, I do hope your cold goes away soon, no fun at all. As for resolutions? I never really have the but I do think about what I should change this time of year as people make and break their resolutions. I guess I would have to say learn to pace, and speak my mind more. I have a bad habit of bottling up things to avoid hurting others feelings. In the end I pay for it. I have gotten better, but more work needs to be done on this.

I woke up very stiff this am. My wrist is cranky and the back is too. As part f my learning to pace, I may have to forgo the bathroom demo today and rest. There is always tomorrow.

Communication is so important. You would think with all of the gadgets we have now it would never be an issue, but we are still human. Just think how much easier life would be for everyone if we all had great communication skills all of the time.

I hope you all have a great day! Take care everyone.

Cory

franr responded:
Hi Mimi and Cory

I want to wish everyone a Healthy and Pain free New Year.Mimi I hope you are feeling better soon. Watch your temp if continues to rise call MD. Cory were the devil do you live with temps in -28 degrees. No matter how good I feel this holiday season the aches and pains seem to creep in and I know that my fibro has returned.I then try to rest and pace,pace ,pace. Well entertaining again today old Nursing School ladies. 45 years is a long time to stay friends. Hoping everyone a painfree day...Fran

booch007 responded:
Oh Mimi, I too am down and out. Bad bronchial viral mess I am in. Coughing is the worst for me, it triggers all the trigger points to be active and I can't lay back, lay down or sit still.

I had RLS last night that was just out of control. Then up every 2 hours to the bathroom for the extra fluids I am drinking for the chest tightness. Hoping tody is the turn around.

I just survived Christmas. In saying that i am sorry I was not here at ALL to wish my FMILY a Merry Christmas. I do hope it was special and magical. Mine was a bit insane as i was at the start of sickness, couldn;t touch or be near the baby and the other two (who shared this gift of illness with me...) were just so energetic and ready for presents......

Madelyn opened anything...hers or not!! I had to watch her closely. I never got to see the gifts DH opened and if he liked them. I just saw the pile to the side of the chair he was in.

Next year I will make pile baskets for each child and then they will know what is theirs........then I can watch the others open.
My big surprise for the boys turned out great. So joy was found in many places.

BUT I had to go to work the next day and I was exhausted and in the start of getting sick. Yes I went in and I was a mess, I had a mask for the patients and tried to stay in my office if I could, but I left early for me and fell asleep as soon as home.

Looking to start the new year better.

Hope everyone's in better health than I , I am down and out. I can't take a deep breath with the chest muscles and the vaporizer is doing little to keep my mouth and nose moist....I just know like the Bert and Ernie book says" Being sick is no fun"

OK, a good day for all. I am trying today to move abit, I have been on the couch too much and the muscles are hurting just from in-activity. So a little action is needed including a good hot shower to breathe better.

Joy for the New Year. Hoping it is OUR year. and all the blocks will fall into place and they will know what happen to us.

Hugs, Nancy B

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.