Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday last one for this year***12/20/2013
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is a cloudy day....at least it is dry. I think they said we just might get a shower or two but they will be brief.This suits me just fine. I feel some better today. Still have some congestion though. I have taken some nyquil a couple of times both day time and night time. I took one mucinex when it started. I guess a cold must have to run its course no matter what though.

Here is hoping everyone had a good week-end and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

This year is about done....with a new one headed our way. I do hope this year will be a good one for us all. Perhaps the medical researchers will find some sort of connection and figure out the ins and outs of the wrath of the dragon. I can always hope. At least we know that it is being addressed some. Better some than none.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that you will find some good support here and a lot of good tools which just might make a difference in the way you feel each and every day. I will say this that I am so much better than when I first got sick. I think the more I learn about this illness, the better I can cope. Everything is a process though which does take time and effort. We have to try different things until we find something that makes a difference. Eventually we figure out a good combination and we have our toolbox of *tools* which we can then go to when the time comes.

Drinking lots of water each and every day is a good thing. Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is also important. Learning how NOT to cross the line or push ourselves to the limit is also important. For me, it is vitamins and supplements which I have figured out which ones help me the most with my FM pain. I take Magnesium Malate and Fibro Response (found at vitamin stores)....Omega, P5P, a good multi vitamin and Vitamin D supplement. These are the ones which help me *control my FM pain*. I also take a joint supplement since I have bad knees. I tried to cut back on this and my knee flared. It took me a while before I figured out what I had done. Sometimes we do things and forget that whatever we do can affect our body chemistry....which is not always for the best.

Again I want to remind those of you who have NOT gotten your Vitamin D level checked....be sure and speak to your doctor about doing this. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Here is hoping all of you will have a good start with the new year. I know I am looking forward to a good one as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
G'Morning All:

Cold and damp here, 41 now and it will get colder. I don't know whether it's better dry or wet when it's this cold. We'll have cold all week, and they're tackling a "major snow event" for Thursday.

Haha. Mimi, it's the 30th, not the 20th.

I'm looking forward to the new year. Usually, it's not that important to me, but for me and triskaidekaphobics, 2013 has been awful. The world is a mess, the US economy is in the pits, I'm struggling to find work (the current situation won't last forever), and the loss of family, including Dad, has sucked the life right out of me. I might just go to bed early and wait for 2014. Not that I'm sleeping either, just to make a point.

I too have a could, the rice I paid for playing with my 3-year-old nephew Christmas Day, and I don't care. *cough* It's not that bad, I can manage the coughing (tho' my throat hurts), but the sniffling and nose blowing is making me crazy. One last reason to hate 2013.

I hope the end of 2013 is the best year end you can have. And I pray that 2014 will be the best year ever for us all. couldn't it be great if:
1. FM finally got a spokesmodel?
2. Researchers found the reason for FM and
2a. there was a cure?

Wishing all the best days ahead you ca possibly have!
Lou

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
Hello Lou......Yep, I made a BIG BOO BOO*****I meant to hit the 3 but I guess I missed it and hit the 2 instead.....and did NOT proof read before I hit the submit button.

AMEN to what you pointed out..the world is indeed one HUGE MESS....and the country is in such horrible financial stress as well, but for whatever reason, those in Washington continue to spend money that is not there. Personally, I think it is time for a CLEAN OUT******we, the people, need to take BACK CONTROL of USA....as it seems like those who have been put into office don't understand what they need to do.

I do know just how tough it is when you lose a loved one. It does get better but it sure takes a very long time. I wish I could say it will be sooner than later, but there are some things that i still struggle with and my dad died in 2009.

I hope the weather gets better for you. So far NC has missed all of the cold snow.....and I do NOT miss it at all.

I hope you will be able to find a job soon also. I read somewhere that the people who are retired might be affected this year by reducing pensions.....Someone must be out of their minds. Surely to goodness they have better sense than this to mess with people's retirement.

Let's all just hope 2014 is a better year.....all around.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

MiMi

monamia responded:
It's damp and gloomy here today and we're all sick with the flu (including me) so... not fun. BUT we greeted a new baby girl into the family on Christmas Eve, mom and baby are doing okay (despite the flu and a bit of jaundice for the baby), and a lot of other things have improved over this last year. FM still bad but c'est la vie. Thankfully, I have quite a few coping strategies that help.

Cheers to you, MiMi, and everyone looking in!

fibroinsd responded:
Happy 30th Mimi and all..

yes..I am with Lou...cannot wait for 2013 to come to an end..spent today at the dentist with more money spent and hopefully this will be an appropriate way to end a rather crummy year...tired of dealing with stuff..

Today is my anniversary..41 years..not a time I would recommend getting married..well, the getting married worked out ok...but always too tired to enjoy any kind of anniversary...

dd moved home with her cat to save money...and then spent a bunch on going to the chargers game yesterday with her new bf...including staying downtown...so they didn't drink and drive..but we got stuck with the cat..who is kind of a pain..no..not kind of a pain...a total pain...I think the cat is nuts..I use to be a cat person, but this one will change my mind...

my oldest son is here and we are trying to think of something fun to do...we were going to go to the zoo...but he really isn't a zoo guy...He actually worked there for a while in college..but he just worked on the vehicles and never even looked at the animals ! He did like the vehicles they had !

Had a long weekend dealing with mom and dad..just is not fun...so yea...here is to 2014, may it be much much better...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello cece.....Happy Anniversary.....41 years...I am just one ahead of you. My DD got married on New Year's Eve....and then again the next day on New Year....(don't even ask-but it was a smart move) I think anytime around any holiday is NOT a good thing. From getting married to having babies....(not that one can always *control* all of the things which just happen).

Being born close to Christmas or New Years stinks. It seems like there is too many other activities/parties going on. The person who celebrates his/her birthdays/anniversary rarely gets to have a day to really enjoy. It seems like these things just come and go.

Cats....I use to like cats but have been a dog person for the majority of my life...and I like the little furbabies...lap babies that enjoy sitting and cuddling with people. I have found out though that some of the little furbabies can also grow up with an attitude as well though. (I have one now)

I don't know IF you will look in again today or NOT....but maybe you all could go see a good *movie*....you know new ones are released around this time of year. So you have a good selection, if you are a movie person. For me....I go to sleep so I just wait until I can see it on video....where I can actually *see* the entire movie. I have not been to a movie in many years. I love Hallmark Channel though and some of the other channels which offer the movies more than one or 2 times. (eventually I can actually see the entire movie, sometimes though, it is only in parts)

Take care and I hope you have many more Happy Anniversaries.

MiMi

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. Happy Anniversary to Cece! 41 years is a long time. I hope you find the time to celebrate another day.

I hope all of your colds and flues go away. It seems like everyone caught something mingling on the holidays. You all have enough on your plates lately.

Lou, I hope the next year is better for you. I know it has not been a good one, stay positive.

I had an ultrasound on my wrist to see why it is giving me so much grief. The guy who did the ultrasound had the personality of a rock. He did not say a word and did not appear to know what he was doing. The Dr. came in next and did it again himself. He was better. His general impression was that I have wear and tear damage, not inflammation. He is sending his results to my RH. She will review them, and my wrist x-ray, and updated back x-ray, and get back to me soon. I am guessing I have just been way too hard on my body and have osteoarthritis in many places popping up. Something I should not have at 38. Waiting for the RH...

I too am hoping for a better 14 than 13 was. We had several hurtles but managed them all well enough. I am hoping for less of them though, I can't jump as high as I used to!

I wish you all the best in 14. You deserve a good year! Take care everyone.

Cory

bette_kaffitz responded:
Hi All,

I had to laugh at MiMi's last sentence. Stay warm???? Nice try. DH's very expensive woodstove has been acting up since the first time he fired it up--I think in September--this year.

So when does he decide to do a bunch of what should be routine maintenance? The day when the thermometer would hover between 10 and 15. I spent the day in my PJ's with two fleece robes and a fleece jacket and two pairs of socks under my super warm slippers.

Supposedly, women are intuitive and emotional while men are supposed to be analytical and logical. So how come I would have done my furnace repairs on a nice, warm, sunny day?

Some of you are in a bad place now. If there is one thing that living 70 years teaches you, it's that there is always a sunny day ahead. Grief can turn to loving memories. Unemployment is often followed by your dream job. Fibro flares don't last forever. And each flare teaches you something new about your illness.

So welcome 2014 as we search. . .

Towards Better Days.

Bette

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.