Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday *****New Year's Eve*****Bye Bye 2013 *****Hello 2014*****
dollbug posted:
New Year's Eve *****Hello 2014 *****Morning FMily. MiMi in NC and it is a chilly morning here. A cold front is on its way...but it is supposed to be nice today. I think most of us are ok with 2013 ending. So much going on around the country, actually around the world. Perhaps it is because most of us have the info at our fingertips and only have to click on it to find out what is happening local or around the world as well. I so enjoy that I can do my own research and read what I want to know about other things going on but I did NOT want to put my *rights* in harms' way to do such. It seems like little by little, bit by bit....we are giving up our freedoms without thinking a lot about this. I often wonder what we are doing to our next generation. So much going on and so little that anyone can do about this.

OK...I will now get off my soapbox. I am only one person with my thoughts about some things which are allowed to happen these days. I guess I have been through a lot which has certainly made me think about things that I had not thought about before.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all...to start off the New Year with little to no pain. Here is hoping that the medical researchers will find out more about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM and perhaps how we can manage this illness better.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I hope you will also share whatever you have found that has made a difference for you in facing your journey each day with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Also I hope new members will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox* as well. You just might find something that you have not thought of trying before...which just might make a difference for you.

Vitamin D. Again I remind anyone who has not gotten their level checked to be sure and speak to your doctor about getting this done. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more might be a good thing for us FMers to do. I know this has certainly helped me. Learning when to *stop* or at least *slow down and rest*...before *crossing the line*...no one can actually show you or tell you...you have to figure this out for yourselves. Dealing with most anything and everything is a process and it takes time and effort to figure out what we can do to make things better for each of us.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Bye bye 2013.....Welcome 2014. Here's hoping the this new year will indeed be a better one for all of us.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

ajnsmom responded:
Happy New Year to you Mimi and everyone else here! I like the fresh start each new year brings. Here's hoping and praying 2014 will be a better year for all of us!

Linda S. (Jax, FL)

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good New Year's Eve Tuesday Everybody. Just stopping by, quickly. to wish each of you a wonderful New Year.

Being able to come here this year and the past 4 years and get support and great vibes has been wonderful. I can't thank you enough for being the kind and caring people you are. Having fibro is no fun and it can be a lonely illness if it weren't for support sites like this and the wonderful group of people/ family who know and understand what it is we go thru and only here can we say it hurts and everyone knows just what kind(s) of hurt we have and understand .

I feel blessed to have all of you and as we go into 2014 I know it will be a good year support wise for me because I have all of you to talk with when fibro's issues and hurts(s) start to drag me down. I know I have all of you to help lift me up again.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.. HAVE A WONDERFUL AND SAFE NEW YEAR'S EVE AND A GREAT AND HOPEFULLY A LESS PAINFUL 2014.

LOVE AND <<<< HUGS >>> Linda R

meg_k responded:
Hi, everyone -- Happy Tuesday and Happy New Year! May you each have a 2014 filled with less pain and more energy.

It's minus 7 here right now but who's counting?! We are supposed to actually break zero today but the real heat wave doesn't come until Friday when we get into the 20's! Woo hoo.

I am so lucky to have found this community! Thanks for all the support and encouragement this year. I count you among my blessings.

Meg

mnjeepguy responded:
Happy New Year to you all. Linda said it well. I am so greatful to be a part of this group! Here is hoping you all have a safe and happy celebration. Even if that means relaxing at home in you pjs. We are.

Cory

missist replied to ajnsmom's response:
Here here!
Mary

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Happy New year to all of you! One of the bright spots of my year was discovering this group.

BTW-- please visit my blog if you never have. I've opened my etsy shop back up, and am trying to drum up some biz by blogging a little more and also offering a $50 gift raffle on my facebook page--details are on my New year post on blog.

I took off while I was trying to adjust to the seizure med. I'm finding my enthusiasm is back for doing art.. now if only I could get my memory working better! oy! I have forgotten to take pills so much lately, and it is telling cuz I'm limping around and sore handed. Told hubby today I want a walking stick but not a cane. He said like an old lady-- I said no like Gandalf from the Hobbit. He kind of enjoyed that picture better.

actually I want to make one, gotta go to our woods at the rental and see if I can find something gnarly. or something I could put some dogwoods on. I need a little help sometimes to keep from going topsy turvy.

anyhoo-- Happy New Year! May 2014 bring some great changes for fibromyalgia sufferers--some good research findings, respect, and better treatments. God Bless all & don't forget to eat some black eyed peas for luck tomorrow.
Mary

missist replied to missist's response:
oh.. blog post , duh--- see what I mean about memory?

here it is: http://pokeberrypatch.blogspot.com/2013/12/happy-new-year-2014-from-pokeberry-patch.html

mnjeepguy replied to missist's response:
It sounds like you need a piece of diamond willow. It makes for a gnarly unique walking stick.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.