Skip to content
Thursday ***1/2/2014***
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC and it is cold this morning...and going to get even colder. They are predicting snow in the mountains. I am sure there are people there who have been waiting for snow all winter. I think it is a COLD front hitting a lot of places around the country. Strange and weird weather everywhere.

Well, I do hope each of you had a good start in the new year. It was a lazy day for us. Not much going on at all. My younger son returned to work - his first day back since they had the new baby.
My older GS and GD are spending some time together with my older son.

I hope those of you who have been sicker are feeling better by now. Remember it does take us FMers longer to recoup from most any health issues that we have....even a common cold takes longer for us to get over. I know a cold can take me down for a while. Normally it requires me to rest even more when I am not feeling like usual.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. I hope you will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and review the *member toolbox* as well.

Vitamin D....be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a good day. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Hi everyone - Happy New Year!

Cold and snowing here in southeastern New England. It's very cold out, 27 or so, and the snow is fluffy and dry. The bulk of the storm will hit tonight, and although it'll be deep it'll be light. That way DH won't get hurt shoveling. LOL

I too have "the cold that's going around." I think I caught it Christmas Day, but it doesn't matter where I got it. I have high BP< and have to be careful of what I take. Delsym usually does the trick, and it's one of the few cough syrups that does;t make me gag!

Wherever you are, wherever you're gong, enjoy the day.,.And have the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. Cold is the common theme lately. It's -6 and supposed to get down to -15 tonight. We get one day above zero then the coldest we have seen on Sunday. They are saying a high of -7 and a low of -23. After that, a warm up thank god. We may see the 20's! Check out my local forecast: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Two Harbors&state=MN&site=DLH&lat=47.0303&lon=-91.6757#.UsX2s6OA3IU

Work is cold but I have the gear. You can see your breath in parts of the mill. I wear many layers. Work was fair today, my wrist is becoming a problem there. It was bothering me today. I was able to take it easy though. If I am busy and not standing around chatting with coworkers, they let me be. It's nice that way.

I am anxiously awaiting my RH's results. She is prompt, so I should hear by Monday at the latest. It's time to nip a few things in the bud before I have a serious problem. I do not want to do that.

I know there is a big storm hitting the east coast. Be careful and stay home if you can. Temperatures are relative. 25 is cold to some of you because it's a dramatic change, where -20 is here. No matter what, dress for it even if you are driving. You never know what can happen.

Take care and have a great night everyone.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory.....I think I will stay in NC. We are going to *feel* the cold front.....but it is nothing like the weather and temps you are having.

I hope you hear soon about your tests. I also hope that your wrist gets better soon. I know just how tough this pain can be. We have to use our hands with just about anything and everything we do. So we really do not have a choice.

I hope the doctor can provide you with some good treatment. Have you ever had any ultrasound treatments done on your hands. How about the *hot wax*...have you used this. Try soaking your hands in Epsom salt, just as hot as you can stand this.

Good luck and try to stay warm. (if this is actually possible)

MiMi

mnjeepguy replied to dollbug's response:
I am currently on the recliner, with my hoodie over my head, wool socks, slippers, and a heating pad, toasty!

I was just reflecting on 2013. In February I quit talking to my oldest friend. This was the person I went shooting with, rode snowmobiles, played broomball, went to his cabin every winter, and took trips into the BWCA with. He refused to understand certain boundaries I could not go on without these being followed. Other friends had already gone and I was the last one left. I am sad that I no longer do these things but other traditions will come. I sold my guns and snowmobiles, I did keep the Jeep, and plan on going to Moab with our club in the spring.

I finished my school books and my DW dropped her radtec program. It has been quite a year. We are a close family and the DW Christine, and my boys Jonathan and Aden are my life. They make me strong and a better person. Things could be worse.

Tonight we ordered an elliptical machine. I desperately need to move in a way I won't hurt. I am looking forward to it. This summer I need to get back on my bike. I hope I am feeling up to it.

I know this year will have it's challenges for us all. I also know that we will be alright with a little help from our people.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Sounds like you are set for a while....I hope you will wake up tomorrow and feel much better. Stay warm.

I love my recliner and pillows too. Don't know how I could manage life without them.

MiMi

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon..evening..

I got to go to the zoo this afternoon/evening with my DH and oldest son. It was so nice...They were having the "Jungle Bells"...Zoo at night..lots of lights and things going on..It was so nice..but lots of walking..I will try to figure out how to post a pic.

Tomorrow we are all going to the Auto Show with my DS..It is nice to have him here for a few days..He will head back to Seattle next week..

Cory..I cannot imagine dealing with those cold temps..but was so sweet to read about your family...so glad you have such a good support base..You will love Moab I am sure..I went there about 35 years ago...it is sure in the middle of nowhere. !

Naturally,...just as I was about to go to the zoo with my DH and son...I got a call from the caregiver that she was sick and couldn't show...This is how all of 2013 went..every time I try to do something, a problem with my parents shows up..and I am determined not to let this happen this year..I told her I could not go there..and she found a sub..and I did not go there..but sure enough when we got home there was a call from my dad that he was looking for a paper and could I call him right away?...well...no I could not..as I was not here...he is just sucking the life out of me...and I cannot let this happen this year..I know that sounds harsh...but I cannot be there all the time..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
198 of 215 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.