Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****1/3/2014 ****Our first Roll Call for 2014 ****
dollbug posted:
TGIF*****Roll Call*****First in 2014*****A good morning to each of you. FYI new members. Every Friday we have what we call ROLL CALL. We ask that anyone who cares to participate checks in and update us on whatever you care for others to know about how things are going with you. This is especially nice for anyone who does not make it here daily. I would also like to encourage new members to check out the *profile section* here and when you have time, fill it out with whatever info you care to share with the others members so that we all can learn more about you.

We are here to share whatever information anyone might have with dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. We all know how you feel as we have been there done that. Waking up each day dealing with the pain and affects that FM can have on us.

I lost my first post and I am closing now.....I will try to post more later.

Here is hoping each of you have a good day.....with little to no pain.

Stay safe and try to stay warm. IT is cold in NC....but no snow for my area.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missshortyd responded:
Morning
Wish I was home nice and warm in bed but I'm at work.
Hope everyone have a nice and pain free weekend.

Linda

bette_kaffitz responded:
Brrr,

Those of you in the northeast quarter of the country know what I mean. The wind chill has been -20 today. Luckily, hubby's work on the woodstove this past week has helped the house stay almost comfortable.

Yesterday I had triggerpoint injections that seem to have done some good on my neck and shoulders. We also set up an appointment for the left side's trial of the radio frequency ablation. This cannot come too soon for me.

We all have special things we do with our family over the holidays. One of our traditions is a special cake. It's not all that difficult, but there is a lot of standing. There was no pain whatever on my right (ablated side) but the left side was screaming all the while. I can't believe that I accepted that much pain as "normal".

If you haven't talked to your doctor lately about all the changes and additions to the field of pain relief, you owe it to yourself to find out if there are some new options for you. Make this one of your resolutions for 2014. Maybe there is nothing that can be done for you today, but maybe there is something great to help you. Please find out.

Bette

ajnsmom replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Everybody stay safe and warm! I'm still very cold even here in Jax, FL!! My son got a good fire going in the fireplace once he got home from work. Fortunately I have heaters to use when he's not home. I can start fires, just can't go outside so much to find kindling.

I got good news today. Allsup has agreed to take my SSDI case and will represent me at the hearing. Praying that the hearing will be scheduled soon, but it can take a very long time. I hope y'all have a great weekend!

Linda S. (Jax, FL)

mnjeepguy responded:
Late post, it was a decent day. Work was quiet, as I always hope on a Friday. There is nothing new to report, and nothing bad thankfully. It warmed up as a front went through and it is 18 degrees. This seems cold until you include that it has been in the negatives for the last several days.

I am a sucker for a nice animal and feed a local black cat with three legs. He was born this way and is now eating out of my hand after a couple years, he was afraid of people. I have mentioned him before. He is fixed and a funny little guy. He now comes in the front door to eat and be pet, then out in the cold he goes.

I hope you are all doing well, have a good night's rest. Take care everyone.

Cory

I was hoping to here from the RH today, hopefully tomorrow, more than likely not until Monday. I dislike waiting but it is a part of life.

booch007 responded:
Good Morning Saturday on Friday's post.

I have been home so badly ill, but as of today will venture out to breathe some fresh air. I had bronchitis which then moved to an awful conjunctivitis, I can't believe how it planted me down.

I slept in the recliner for 7 days and last night finally was IN BED! No Hycodan syrup for the cough yesterday either. I will be back to work on Monday. I have gotten text like " did you quit?" " Took the year off?" I didn't even contact anyone.

Sheesh I am glad it is over, don't bring your sickly grandchildren in the house even when you think they are past the acute phase.......YOU KNOW YOU WILL SMOOCH THEM...and they will "share"...

I am in need of my injections now for sure. Alll the coughing had activated many trigger points in the back muscles and the neck is making laying down difficult.

Monday are the shots and I am hopeful for a reset.

I browsed the board quickly and it looks quiet. I am actual -4* at the house right now with wind chill I bet -10-15.....I turned the that down last night to help the burner and I really didn't notice the change. I had the house at 64*. Might make a habit of it. It will save money and with my "instant summers" (hot flashes) I really feel OK.

So not much to say as I have done nothing but be a vegetable on the couch for a week. Joy is the first day you realize your getting better......and you have won the fight!

Ok, a good Saturday to the fmily, stay warm....all those in this gift from Canada. My brother said he was 36* in Florida (Middleburg) north Florida...............Brrrr for him.

My poor Sis has NO HEAT in her structure even if she wanted it.....thanks to the little fireplace thing she put in, she can help the condo be better. People gather at her house in frosts like this. She is lower on Fort Myers.....

Ahhhh to be south right now, I really have to make this a plan in my life in the future. I want to be a snow bird. I want to be south all winter and return in the spring here....That makes a plan to reach for.

OK: New Yeras thoughts.....get the weight off (once again) the right way. Work toward the condo in the Florida by my Sister for the snow bird days.....

OK, Out for the day. Hugs to all. NancyB

ajnsmom replied to booch007's response:
Hi Nancy, I live in Jacksonville north of Middleburg, small world. I'm glad you're feeling better. Yep, we had to leave faucets dripping last night so the pipes wouldn't freeze. They were calling for 30 degrees. brrrrrrrrrrrrr... we are not used to this! It will get even colder this coming week!

Linda S. (Jax, FL)

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.