Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday *****1/4/2014*****Cold in NC*****Colder elsewhere*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC and it is cold here but I know most of the country is under a COLD SPELL....some places have oh so much snow. Thank goodness....no snow where I am. I think they are supposed to get some in the mountains here though. I am sure everyone who are *snow people* will enjoy it. There is yet another *cold front* in the works though....so it will NOT be much relief before the next one hits everyone.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Nana B posted on TGIF post and she is finally getting better. So sorry you have been sick all week. I sure hope that you will continue though to pace, pace and pace even more. (don't try to make up for the sick days at work).

Our board has been quite *SLOW* recently. Have heard from some of the FMers who normally post often. I do hope each of you are doing ok. We never know unless you tell us what is going on with you.

I read on the internet that FB is on the way *out*....so much is going on with these site releasing personal info on those who use it. I happen to know first hand just what people can be confronted with actually by doing nothing at all. I can only hope that law enforcement can get a better grip on *the modern computer technology* and actually know when something is really going on. Our world is full of wicked and evil .....it is everywhere and everyone needs to be careful what they *reveal online*.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our FM support group recently. I am sure that soon you will find a good combination of tools which will make a difference. It does take time and effort on each individual's part to figure out what just might may a difference for you.....so hang in there and learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them.

Vitamin D. Again I want to include this in my post. Vitamin D is so important for a lot of people these days and there is a lot of things which the medical researchers have discovered about Vitamin D. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

New members should check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day....remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Try to stay warm if possible.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
Hi Mimi...have had a couple of busy days...had a wonderful time walking around the zoo with my oldest son. He is here until next Tuesday...and yesterday we walked around the auto show. He has gone every year for probably the last ten years...he is a car guy...so that was fun. We test drove several cars..and was surprised at some I liked and some I didn't, but had expected to like..now if only I could afford a new car !

DD moved home for awhile with her cat...think this will be challenging...I am looking forward to getting back to work next week..hope I have some good changes there..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. I hope you are staying warm. We had snow and wind last night that made a mess for me to clean up this morning. It was not bitter cold as it has been. It is in the tens right now. Tonight and tomorrow night are going to be dangerously cold. The Governor of MN has closed all the schools for Monday. With lows here in the -20 to -30 range by the lake, and much colder inland with windchills down to -50. I am glad my house is warm. It is quite a slap in the face when you go through a door and it is almost 100 degrees colder on the other side. This is the longest period of cold I can ever remember. We have about 3 feet of snow here now and that's actually a good thing. It insulates everything from the cold quite well.

I have not heard from my RH yet. I am hoping I will Monday. I want to figure me out so I can keep myself in one piece as long as possible. I will keep you all posted.

I hope you all stay warm. I also hope you all stay sickness and pain free. Those dealing with either or both, I hope it moves on quickly. Take care everyone.

Cory

dollbug responded:
Hello FMily....I read on the internet that the cold front expected to be the worse in 20 years....with temps down way below the *normal*....(don't know IF anyone really knows what *normal* is though).

I remember when DH and I took our trip out west in June...there was still snow on the mountains and it snowed while we were there. A local woman told us that the winter there had been the worse it had been in over 25 years. This was in 2011. And now this. Wild and weird weather for sure. It seems to be touching in a lot of states this time.

DH had to go out and get 2 batteries.....one car needed to be inspected and the man who does the work on it asked me if it was for sale. I told him to make me an offer. DH had just put the battery in so he could get it to the garage to be checked. OK. So he offered and I accepted. A good way to get rid of it without doing anything. The man has a step daughter who will soon be 16 and he was wanting it for her. Good for me and good for him. My DD drove the car to college and back after her car was totaled. DH had wanted me to get rid of it but I just did NOT feel like fooling with it. So this worked out quite nicely, to say the least.

I hope everyone will try to stay warm and safe. They say the bitter cold is too much for anyone to be out in it for long.

Cory, I can NOT even imagine how cold your state will get when it hits. I sure hope you can stay warm.

Take care.

MiMi

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.