Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday ******bracing for the COLD ******1/6/2014
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC, where we are bracing for the single digit temps. And then Friday back to temps in the 60*s. Can you believe this? Very weird and strange weather in a lot of places. Wind chill is also going to be a BIG problem. Cory I guess we are going to see just how dealing with low temps can be. I can NOT even imagine living with these every year. I think this cold front is from Canada.

I do hope each of you will stay warm and safe during this bitter cold. As for me I plan NOT to get out in it.

I hope each of you had a good week-end and those of you who have been under the weather are feeling better today. Be sure and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Dealing with extra illness takes a toll on us FMers and we should continue to try to ease back into whatever we need to do.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. The more you learn the better you will feel. Doing a trial and error process with whatever you decide to try is the only way you will find out IF indeed something can and does make a difference for you. Not everything works the same way for everyone. Only you will know what helps you.

Vitamin D. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

dollbug responded:
Did you know? I didn't....but I wanted to share, just in case you missed it.

FYI*****I just read on the internet that today is called *BLUE MONDAY*.....the end of the holiday season, people returning to work, the most depressing day of the year. Some people have already broken their resolutions for the new year. Some people will decide to go their separate ways.

Blue Monday was found 2005....and I think it rates 49th. There was a study done which revealed just how bad this day is.

This too will pass.

MiMi

katmandulou responded:
Happy(?) Blue Monday!

Warm-ish here, 56 and raining. We're under a fog warning, gee big surprise, and met of the snow has melted. We'll be back to the bitter cold tomorrow, it'll be 16 at this time, but it's nice to not have to wrap that scarf twice around my neck!

I've been sick and found out over the weekend I have herpangina, a virus that effects the mouth and throat. It's usually found in little kids, and we can't figure out where I caught it, maybe Christmas, but I only saw one of the little ones. I;ve learned that it's almost impossible to gargle with a gel (lidocaine). The throat pain is awful, and I can't wait til it's all gone!

There was an awful fire in my beloved downtown, took down a very old, historic building and destroyed one business. I'm hoping the hair/nail salon can recover, they've been around for many years and have quite a following. I've heard that another salon has offered their space to the stylists, that's a really classy thing to do!

Nothing else exciting here, so I wish you all the best day you can possibly have,
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
It is a Blue Sky Monday here. High pressure has a hold and the sun is bright. I would not out in it though. It was -22 at least this am, some said down to -28, but I can't be sure. My truck was plugged in ad started just fine. The back door of the house shifted and decided not to latch. I had to block it shut with cat litter and use the front. A few people at work had trouble starting cars when it was time to go, at -17. Mine started and I helped with jumper cable duty.

The wind is up and that's what hurts. Even this cold without wind is not bad. In the wind any exposed skin can freeze in less than 5 minutes. On a good note, this is no more an annual cold snap than anywhere else this year. We have had it before but not in 18 years has it been this cold.

Work was quite cold. We had pipes freezing inside the building. Our heating system is maxed out and it can't keep up. All the machines were groaning but working alright. I had my review and it was good. They like my people skills and organization, as well as my recently increased confidence. The job itself is going good, just have to keep the body up to the task.

I received a letter from the long term disability insurer through work. I applied, was requested further information, submitted it, and now declined. I called and inquired, it was declined due to being treated for myalgia and chronic pain, word for word from my records. I was surprised by this, no serious heath conditions, perfect vitals, and I have never stayed in a hospital. They want a complete 3 year medical history to consider me. Really? I give up. They are not very professional. They sent me someone else's lab results stapled to my declination letter. I was asked to shred them promptly, I did. Good grief. They call themselves The Standard Insurance Company. Pun intended? :0

I had a rough day with pain, woke with a very crabby back. I went to work playing it by ear, the back improved, the knees and wrist took a turn. Not my best day, but got through it.

I hope you are all doing well. Anywhere not used to the cold, stay in if you can and if you go out, dress as if you were walking out the even if driving. Be prepared, take care everyone. Stay cozy!

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory....I think it is *very cold* everywhere..So very cold for the entire country....I just hope it will be a short stay.

I am confused....did you mention the myalgia and chronic pain or was this in your medical records? If it was (in your records) did the doctor ever tell you he was including it?) I would ask for a 2nd review on grounds that they (insurance company) provided someone else's lab results. (and I would indeed state this is the reason that you are asking for a review-as the lab results could have been part of how they made the decision.) So if there has not been *anything serious in the past 3 years* I would think you should still get approved. Try to stay positive and continue to try to get approved. I think this is important.

I am glad to hear that you got a good review....your dedication and hard work has paid off for you. I hope this will continue for you.

Take care and try to stay warm.

MiMi

fibroinsd responded:
Well..I was more than ready to go back to work today..that was until I woke up with a sore throat..Well, off to work I went..and sure enough..one little kid I work with showed up with nothing..no papers...no pencils...so frustrating..He never has anything..and if you straighten up his notebook..the next day it will be a mess...

My DS from Seattle is still here..but leaves tomorrow..It has been nice having him around...but is time for him to leave..

The weather here has been nice..I don't even want to tell you..especially Cory ! So glad I am not dealing with the crazy weather around the country...

Cory..so glad your review went well..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

ajnsmom responded:
Hi Everyone,

Please stay safe and warm as you can! I fell today and hit my head, left arm, and tailbone on the concrete, so that kind of took a toll on my positive attitude for the day. lol Just kidding, glad to be alive even though it hurts.

Blood pressure med is giving me awful side effects, so I'm weaning myself off of it since I don't have a doc appointment lined up anytime soon to deal with it. It has caused weakness in arms and legs, numb feet and hands, and fatigue, so I've had enough of that! My next doc appointment is my diabetes checkup, and the doc only wants to cover one condition at a time. (free medical care, so I'm not complaining about that.) So after that appointment I may or may not go over bp results with her. I check it once a day and still have a med to deal with any major spikes.

I hope all of you have a nice evening and little to no pain. Thanks for being here!

Linda S. (Jax, FL)

mnjeepguy responded:
Mimi, when they asked more info I printed my records from my online medical records. There are 2 conditions listed I am treated for, myalgia and chronic pain. Because of that they want 3 years of complete records to consider approval. This will be a huge pain but I may try to do it. I am just very frustrated. It is unlikely that the lab results from another person were used to judge me after talking to the rep.

We are supposed to see 30 by Saturday. I hope we do.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.