Skip to content
Thursday ****1/9/2014 ****Back to normal temps*
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC and NC is going to be back to *normal* again....as far as the weather is concerned. Monday with 60* weather. Really? Strange and weird weather. I am sure that this kind of weather is not a good thing for a lot of people. DH has gotten a cold and cough. He has been out and about in it at his work. Sure hope I don't get it.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we all have a good day with little to no pain. I hope the weather is better where you are today.....hopefully back to normal as NC is.

I am thankful that the *cold spell* is over with. They said this kind of weather only occurs every 10 years or more. Thank goodness it is not the *normal weather* that we have to deal with every winter. I heard them say that there were lots of frozen pipes and heating problems for people. Dealing with having to get out and about in the weather was enough....let alone dealing with no heat or water. There were shelters set up for those who needed a place to stay. Animals were having problems as well.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure tat each of you will soon find the right combination of tools which will make a difference in the way you feel. Learn all you can about what others have found that just might work for you as well. Only you will know when you have found something that helps.

Vitamin D. Be sure and have your Vitamin D level checked. Low Vitamin D can make a difference for a lot of people.

Have a good day. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body will thank you.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

allybigcat responded:
Well, it's now mid 20's in western mass. Little wind if any, and brilliant sun!!! Which, when I was standing in it, I was sweating under my scarf. Lol.

I'm not a fan of heat & humidity; I prefer temps 50-75, 80 if bone dry and if I'm in the shade. BUT the recent bitter cold was worse than the humidity and heat; that's say a lot for me. I generally dread summer, but have come to dread the months of dec-feb because of icy spots and petrified snow banks. Very very scary to walk to thr bus stop in icy conditions and as well, to have to climb snow banks to reach the bus itself. At least in the heat, I don't have to worry about being trapped indoors due to ice. And to think that when I was a kid, when I'd see an icy area, I'd get a running start, then slide on the ice! Lol, maybe I'll borrow some one's walker and try that some time!!

rudyandirmouse responded:
Hello Mimi, allybigcat and everyone. Do hope your day went well and tonight you sleep thru the night without fibro pain or issues.

Short post again as I'm on the smart phone.

It's been odd here as we had sun. Then clouds and then sleet or rain. DH and I were out from 9 a.m.til 3 today and had to deal with it all under dressed and no umbrella. UGH. Talk about the news missing that coming at us. Again, UGH.

Hope this finds everyone feeling well and doing okay. I have been feeling less than okay since cold just knocks the heck out of me. Hoping warmer temps coming the next few days may help. Also keeping on mind simmer is 133 days away. Yay that.

Okay will close here.
Gentle hugs..Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
ugh...I have been fighting a cold and just not feeling great...At least I am not dealing with super cold temps...but I hope this cold goes away quickly..

DH is waiting for me to go exercise..I am not in the mood..but will trudge on.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It is warmer here as well. Its 12 degrees right now. it is supposed to warm up during the night and be 29 tomorrow. I am very happy about that.

I received a call from my RH's nurse to discuss me. After some phone tag and voicemails I gave up for the day. The last message stated that I can do a 6 month Plaquenil trial to see if it helps. My wrist is swollen and painful but showed to inflammatory signs, but had some degenerative changes. I will call them in the am to get the full scoop on their findings with my wrist and back, and decide on the trial.

My day was ok, I had to work late, it was our long day. I had a decent job for the day compared to some others. It went well and I had a good person to work with. Just having good company can help distract me in a good way. I don't focus as much on how I am feeling.

My mother is in ICU. She is frail and a cold gives her full pneumonia almost every time. She still smokes like a chimney and her body is giving up. Her Dr said she has to quit NOW. I doubt she will. Her morphine pump has been trouble for the 2 years she has tried to keep it. Multiple surgeries and adjustments and it still causes trouble. We thing she is also taking meds with it. She is not supposed to. I could not bring myself to see her, and I would have had to go to the next town after 6 pm to do so. One of my sisters went and gave the rest of us the low down. I don't think she will live much longer without drastic changes. She is not even 60. Her grandmother never smoked and was otherwise much like her. She lived to her early 90's. I planned for tomorrow in case I have to miss work. I have feeling I might.

I am glad that at least weather wise we are all getting back to normal. That was more than enough of that. Take care everyone and have a good night.

Cory

rudyandirmouse replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory, am so sorry to hear about your mother. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope your mother is given a second chance and gives up smoking and the other harmful things and recovers.
Gentle <<< Hugs >>> Linda R

bette_kaffitz responded:
What a difference a day makes!

Bright and sunny here, too. It was a perfect day to take DS back to his group home in Rochester. I don't know whether it was the perfect (but cold) weather or what, but I got out of the car this afternoon feeling tired but otherwise fine. Maybe another gift from the radio frequency ablation?

Cory, how hard it must be to realize that the only person who can really make a difference in your mother's health has no intention of changing a single thing. What a waste of the wonderful gift of life! And, as you say, she could have another 30 years of healthful, joyous life.

My dad did the same thing. He was a 3 pack a day man. He had multiple heart attacks in his 40's then had his left lung removed at 49. He kept smoking. It metastasized to his brain. He kept smoking. He died at 51. I was only 16; my sister was 13; our brother was 11. Daddy had so much unfinished business. I guess he didn't see it that way.

On a lighter note, we came home from Rochester to find that DS had forgotten to take the bag with his bathroom toiletries and his good winter coat. Do we ship the stuff up to him (and does UPS take shampoo, etc.?), do we make an extra trip sooner than we planned, or do we hope that there aren't any really cold days when DS wants to look spiffy? So many decisions.

Hope you all have a good Friday and a great weekend.

Bette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.